IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Be Advised - We are aware of the database error in some threads and are addressing it (3/21/21)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bernie U
BS
post Apr 22 2021, 10:13 AM
Post #1

The other CA10

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,545

It is with sadness and a heavy heart that I let everybody know that Bernard "Bernie U" Unhassobiscay passed away on March 25th. I'm not on Facebook so I don't know how widely this news has already traveled. For those who know Bernard was a perennial NAG 1 in the “mature” cruiser classes a few years back. He was a former downhill mtb racer and motocross/desert racer as well. Always super fit so it's a bit of a shock to hear but he did have heart issues years ago that have been written about here previously.

I'm super grateful for the times that I was able to share with him and his family. Always super positive and fun to be around. I know I benefitted immensely from he and Daphne's hospitality.

I guess it's weird to post this news on a relatively dead website but he was a member here and a lot had been written about him here over the years.

I'm keeping his wife and son and family and friends in my prayers. I'm sure there are a lot of people that have been members here who have been positively impacted by him and his family so I thought I would put this out there. He will be missed greatly.

There will be a memorial service at Desert Christian Center in Ridgecrest, CA on May 1st at 10:30 AM for those that are in the area.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnd
post Apr 22 2021, 01:15 PM
Post #2

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

Yep, knew about it almost instantly. He was a funny dude, the ribbing he took for not turning expert, he laughed it off and kept killing it. I raced him at my national in 07’, he moved down to our cruiser class and we were all sweating him bad. He killed me. Thankfully he had his own class the next day.
Another one bites the dust, as we all get older, it’s becoming more common which sucks.

Thanks for bringing this up.

b.

+Quote Post
supercross
post Apr 24 2021, 10:33 AM
Post #3

AA Pro
Group Icon

Group: Advertisers
Member No.: 433

RIP Bernie U

+Quote Post
ANT DOG 3:16
post Apr 27 2021, 09:04 AM
Post #4

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3,739

Wow I remember him RIde in Peace

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2021 - 08:15 AM