Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's see some Fireman's Texas Cruzers
VintageBMX.com > Special Interests > Retro New School
Sgt11
Just bought a used Texas Cruzer and I need some inspiration for the rebuild. Not sure what parts and colors I'm going with yet.
SLAYER
Sorry for the bad pic. I had recently removed all the Fireman decals and put on the Supercross made Kappa cruiser V-bars. This is how the bike sits now.
Sgt11
Thanks Slayer...looks great. Mine is black right now but I'm thinking about having it re-powdered..it's a little rough. What gearing are you running?
The 26incher
If anyone is looking, I have a real nice one for sale...cheap
Pete Q
Jason, your mailbox is full
The 26incher
cleared...
SLAYER
I'm running 36/15 on it.
Jim Brannen

Not a great picture, but it is a great bike.
wagonguy
Here's mine (again )

Doug
Pete Q
very nice!
Sgt11
Great looking bike. The chrome Landing Gear is a good look...always loved the redchrome frame and fork combo.
Sgt11
Anyone happen to know what size seat post and clamp the Cruzer takes?
wagonguy
I just measured mine at 1.020", that converts to 25.9mm (26mm?) Mine came with the post and clamp from Firemans (I won it in a raffle on this website a few years ago when Firemans was a site sponsor)

Doug
kjladd1
The post size is 26.0 which is rather odd, the clamp is 1 1/8". I use a Poverty Shaft because it is a straight post instead of the somewhat set back style that comes with the frame. I really wish the Fireman would shorten up the top tube by an inch and maybe make the seat tube take a 27.2mm post.
BenOr
Profile 177 cranks, Sun Super Stock Sealed Wheels, Titanium rail seat....

batcat12
QUOTE (The 26incher @ Aug 21 2006, 09:13 PM) *
If anyone is looking, I have a real nice one for sale...cheap

any chance you still have it 26?
pcohen
Just finished mine! finally got it the way I originally wanted... Chrome and Blue!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

you can see more pics in BMX museum soon.
http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/user/27170
mxer746
Totally dig that chrome& blue. Nice ride!
Sgt11
The chrome looks great!
Funny, I started this thread almost 3yrs ago and I still haven't finished mine. A couple of weeks ago I got the urge to finally finish it up. Located a local powdercoater but I still don't know what color to go with. I'd love to go with white but the replacement stickers I have are white and since they were free from Greg at Fireman's I don't have the heart to go back to him and say I want a different color. I have a set of red Sun rims and other red accessories so that leaves red powder out too. I'd like to go with something other than black but that might be the best choice at this time. Any other suggestions on colors for me? If chrome wasn't so expensive I'd go with that...once again, beautiful bike pcohen.
finallyracing
That chromo is perfect! That's easily the best fireman's I've seen.
OMTEXAS
QUOTE (Sgt11 @ Aug 17 2006, 10:30 PM) *
Just bought a used Texas Cruzer and I need some inspiration for the rebuild. Not sure what parts and colors I'm going with yet.

Here's my Fireman's 26. The sweetest riding bike I've ever owned!
[/img]

Here's my 29er in baby blue:

kjladd1
One the best brake sets IMO are the Cane Creek Direct Curve 3, the arms follow the frame and do not stick out like most brakes. They are super smooth and very simple to set up ac they lack the noodle.
easyrider71
QUOTE (OMTEXAS @ May 30 2009, 11:49 PM) *
Here's my Fireman's 26. The sweetest riding bike I've ever owned!
[/img]

Hey, I recognize that bike! I think it's one I sold to you here in Austin from CL a couple of years ago. How's it treatin' ya? I've still got the powder blue one, which has a few minor scrapes and scuffs. Thinking about doing a custom paint job on her.

cheers,
jimmy
OMTEXAS
QUOTE (easyrider71 @ Feb 25 2010, 11:20 AM) *
Hey, I recognize that bike! I think it's one I sold to you here in Austin from CL a couple of years ago. How's it treatin' ya? I've still got the powder blue one, which has a few minor scrapes and scuffs. Thinking about doing a custom paint job on her.

cheers,
jimmy

No, I bought this one directly from Fireman. If you decide to get a repaint, get Sem Paint down in San Antonio to give you the FTC special, like the 29er at the bottom of this page:

http://firemansbikes.com/twentynine.htm

Tom
GFR Industries
The powder on that red 1 is a bit thick .. huh.gif
gsp33d
I'm looking for a Fireman's if anyone has one for sale!
larryS
Can anyone tell me what size seatpost these frames take?

I'll be building one over the winter. I'm putting my parts together. I just need the correct seatpost size before I buy one.

Thanks, smile.gif
mxer746
QUOTE (larryS @ Dec 9 2010, 10:09 AM) *

I'll be building one over the winter. I'm putting my parts together. I just need the correct seatpost size before I buy one.

Thanks, smile.gif

Firemansbikes.com should have the size. Can't wait to see your cruzer when it's done!
larryS
Firemansbikes.com should have the size. Can't wait to see your cruzer when it's done!

I can only find the angles on the site. Not the post size. I'll post it when I'm done. Thanks

If anyone else can provide me with the seatpost size I'd appreciate it.
Thanks again, smile.gif
OMTEXAS
QUOTE (larryS @ Dec 9 2010, 10:09 AM) *

Best take the calipers to it - it can depend on when it was made. My '09 24 is 27.2 but an older 26 takes a 27.0 IIRC.

My latest Firemans build:

azaussie
QUOTE (OMTEXAS @ Dec 11 2010, 07:06 PM) *
Best take the calipers to it - it can depend on when it was made. My '09 24 is 27.2 but an older 26 takes a 27.0 IIRC.

My latest Firemans build:

Love it.
kjladd1
The seatpost size is 26.0 which is odd. I have a brand new Poverty chrome cromo straight post for sale if interested. Still in the bag.
larryS
My old 2008 Firemans 26.....

RodneyR
Very Kool Larry!
slotrobin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.