Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CW Pro bars
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Restoration Tips & Tricks
lou
I have a few sets of these and I notice that all have the same width but one is about a 1/2 inch lower. What gives? Why? Thats not expert bars?
DOUG
lou
They are not standard because they are 28 inches wide like the Pro bars. I know they are not generic becasuse they have a sticker and the bend is the same. I`ll get some pictures of them later today.
lou
The NOS ones are the low pro bars. The rusty ones are CW too. You can see the difference in the bend. The ones with grips are the generic ones. I`m listing the NOS ones on ebay tonight.
SE Mark
lou, I have a set of the standard size and they are just as the add said 7" x 25". The set you have does have the correct bends and look to be CW bars. The only others I have seen that are the same as your set came on the complete bikes such as Z-2000,Z-1500,Z-2500. They have the same bends and are Pro Size but they are only 7 1/2 tall. I am not sure but I think they had another company make them for there complete bikes.
lou
These came off the Z 1500. I measured from center top bar to center where the stem mounts. It`s 8 3/4 inches. 28 inches wide!!! I just listed them on ebay. The rusty bars I got are realy old pro bars. The welds, bend, shine, and thickness of tubing are both the same. Just that the Z 1500 bars are about 1/2 lower. A 1/2 inch here and there can add up. They probably made an extra bar or two by saving the 1/2 inch. lol.
lou
I said in the ebay ad that they came off the Z-1500. I has a few non-bmx people check out the difference. They all say the bars are the same. Even when they looked really close. Maybe they not 4130? They feel the same.
SE Mark
Hey Lou, I think the knurl is different on my standards it is a crosshatch and on my Z-1500 it is a line type. I looked at the thickness and they look to be the same. I real don't know if a 1/2" makes a difference and don't want to ask my wife just in case it does!!!!!!! LOL LOL
lou
You`re a funny man, Mark. The knurls have two lines.
TNJ'Sdad
hey those look like my old bars?
jerry a hutcher
Get back to work rob!!!lol
Lewis
Hey those bars are mine should get them this week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.