Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tracking thread.... Pass it on!!
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Freestyle BMX
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Keep_It_Warm
Ok, I've got someone! It goes in the mail tomorrow!

smile.gif

P.S. 4 people asked for it via PM...but I'm going with the very first person that contacted me
mikkopeters
Thanks Tom! Good to see that thing is still in circulation.

JiveHandle
QUOTE (Keep_It_Warm @ Nov 24 2009, 06:39 PM) *
Ok, I've got someone! It goes in the mail tomorrow!

smile.gif

P.S. 4 people asked for it via PM...but I'm going with the very first person that contacted me

Who was it?
Keep_It_Warm
Chevron Envy - Mike
Chevron Envy
Hello all VBMX friends. I haven't been on here has much as I would like do to some unplanned "issues" in my life recently. However, I do keep checking in every few days. I was excited to find out Tom is sending the chainwheel to me.

I'll take good care of it, and it already has a new destination when I'm done parading it around south central PA.

Thanks Tom (and everyone else),
Mike
Keep_It_Warm
Pauly, Dani, Mike, and everyone: my father had a major stroke yesterday. I was at the hospital much of the time. The sprocket is wrapped, addressed, and sitting on the front seat of my vehicle...I just couldn't get to the post office.

My dad is resting comfortably in the hospital now.

I will be at the Post Office to mail in on Black Friday.

Thank you for understanding
Pauly
Oh man that sucks! I'm so sorry. Quit worrying about the sprocket. That should be the last thing on your mind right now. I wish your dad and your family all the best.
Chevron Envy
Yeah, Tom, seriously as Paul said, don't worry. When you get around to it is fine.
bmxmom
shoot tom - family first man. this is way down on the priority list. my thoughts are with you and your family.
Keep_It_Warm
Sprocket was sent out on Monday morning. Mike should have it today or tomorrow.

Again, so sorry Pauly and everyone else. I really dropped the ball.
radlad1
QUOTE (Keep_It_Warm @ Dec 2 2009, 05:52 AM) *
....Again, so sorry Pauly and everyone else. I really dropped the ball.

No worries. How is your father doing?
RL-20II Guy
Are there two sprockets traveling??
Keep_It_Warm
My dad is doing pretty good now actually. He was released from the hospital on tuesday and is back at home. He was very fortunate to come through this with ONLY some vision loss and slurred speech. It could have been much worse.

He was driving when it happened, so I'm thankful he had just enough sense to pull his car off the road. Right after he did, he became totally confused and lost much of his vision. I don't like to think about what could have happened if he had not pulled over.
bmxmom
that's scary tom. glad to hear your pops is home.
RL-20II Guy
I have the Sprocket now, so the first one that emails me, I will send it to next.....

If I do not respond, then someone beat you to it!

Stephen

stephen@knt2000sCustoms.com
Pauly
post a pic!
Chevron Envy

Here's how it looked before I sent it to Stephen! Sorry for the delay! Keep passing it around.
Pauly
Thanks Mike! The "International Edition" reached port at it's first stop as well.
MyBike1
I've been watching this thread for some time. Very cool idea. Can anyone get in on this?
Chevron Envy
Anyone can get on the list, just let us you know you're interested, and you have, mabye the next person who gets it will send it to you.

Mike
MyBike1
QUOTE (Chevron Envy @ Jan 8 2010, 12:45 PM) *
Anyone can get on the list, just let us you know you're interested, and you have, mabye the next person who gets it will send it to you.

Mike

Absolutely!... count me in! good2.gif
RL-20II Guy
MyBike1, I can send it to you next! PM sent for address....

Stephen
RL-20II Guy
Here is a photo of the Sprocket!

I added a special touch wink.gif I thought the idea was also to take a unique photo with the sprocket? This is what I did with it regardless.... smile.gif

I will be sending it to MyBike1 shortly...
Pauly
Wait! Will you be sending it to him in 1985? He won't know what to do with it!
RL-20II Guy
That's right, I need to send it to him in 1987 - when that winged sprocket came out!

Good catch Paulie! smile.gif

Did you noticed the chain I added?
mikkopeters
Chain= sweet idea!

Pauly
Chain = loss of throwing star functionality. sad.gif
BrianP do you still have that picture?
RL-20II Guy
Here is a close-up.... smile.gif

RL-20II Guy
Guys~

The Sprocket is on it's way to Jerry, in IN.

USPS Tracking: 9101 1288 8230 0971 4199 30

bmxmom
so now that this thing is moving again what was the decision on what happens when it is full?
Pauly
Frame it in double sided glass and display it at Rockford.

Stephen is that a gold plated chain?
RL-20II Guy
QUOTE (Pauly @ Jan 16 2010, 08:01 PM) *
Frame it in double sided glass and display it at Rockford.

Stephen is that a gold plated chain?

Yeah, it is a gold chain.
MyBike1
sun_bespectacled.gif the gold chain looks fantastic in person! sun_bespectacled.gif I got it in the mail yesterday, I'll be signing it... takin' a picture... and sending it out once again before the week is over. I like the double sided frame idea... both sides are looking great! good2.gif
slashnstrings
This is an awesome idea. So whats the timeline on this so far, how long since the first mail out?

The Gold chain really makes it stand out now, good job guys...

Is it going to be hitting Canada too? cool.gif or just the states.

RL-20II Guy
Any photos yet?
MyBike1
Sorry guys, I dropped the ball last week. had a death in the family... nobody I was close too or anything but still had to take some time out for a few things. I'll get a picture up asap. Send me a pm if you want it next.
Axlepeg
PM sent
RL-20II Guy
QUOTE (Axlepeg @ Jan 25 2010, 10:09 AM) *
PM sent

Axle~ You could wedge an axle peg in the middle of it??? biggrin.gif
MyBike1
ok, it's on it's way to Axlepeg. I took a picture but my camera is having issues. As soon as I can get the picture in my computer, I'll post it up. So... round an round she goes... where she stops, nobody knows.
RL-20II Guy
So. where are the photos??
MyBike1
It turns out that my camera wasn't the issue, it's my computer. I've been fighting with it for a while now and I had to reformat my 2nd hard drive... the one with all my pictures and music to_take_umbrage.gif so.... no pictures from me... sorry. Hopefully we'll see pics from axlepeg sometime soon.
Axlepeg
Very.
Axlepeg
Thanks for sending it my way, Jerry!

I held onto it for two weeks to sign it on my 38th Birthday, sorry for the delay, y'all.

Here's a pic of where I tagged it in '85 Haro Master green:

What it lacks in precision, it makes up in permanence. Think serial number. cool.gif

There on the right you can see where myBIKE1 attached his trick custom die-cut moniker.

And I couldn't help but tack a symbol on the front, too:

So here's who's had it and when, thus far:

1. Pauly 5/20/7

2. 1NiceHaro 7/1/7

3. Crowe-T 8/10/7

4. BrianP 8/7

5. Mikkopeters 10/19/7

6. Pep 10/23/7

7. DonVader 10/8/8 (Coolest Signing Award sun_bespectacled.gif )

8. RadLad1 10/14/8

9. BMXMOM 11/15/8

10. KeepItWarm 11/22/09

11. ChevronEnvy 12/8/9

12. RL-20II Guy 1/10/10

13. myBIKE1 1/21/10

14. Axlepeg 2/14/10

15. ph34r.gif ?

So tomorrow it'll be on its way to a far-far-away place in the US... I was thinking of sending it overseas, but now the "International" sprocket is also in play so I figured we'd keep it domestic. I haven't seen this cat around here too much lately, but I know he is solid and will KeepItMoving. sarcastic_hand.gif

However --I must add in passing-- that this guy has some out of this world contacts, so I'm not sure if he'll be able to keep it on the planet!

Glad I could play. Nice idea, Pauly! good3.gif
RL-20II Guy
Hey.......,my date is 1-1-10....not 1-10-10 smile.gif
Pauly
Awesome! Keep it moving!
oldschoolrider88
send it my way
Pat Shea
4136 Park Ave.
Brookfield, IL. 60513
MyBike1
good3.gif oh man! the green axle peg is AWSOME! good3.gif
Axlepeg
Hey.......,my date is 1-1-10....not 1-10-10

But of course. Just wanted to see who was paying attention. biggrin.gif
raul
Well, my turn at temporary keeper of the disc is up. It's now on it's way to someone in the city that never sleeps!

1. Pauly 5/20/7
2. 1NiceHaro 7/1/7
3. Crowe-T 8/10/7
4. BrianP 8/7
5. Mikkopeters 10/19/7
6. Pep 10/23/7
7. DonVader 10/8/8 (Coolest Signing Award sun_bespectacled.gif )
8. RadLad1 10/14/8
9. BMXMOM 11/15/8
10. KeepItWarm 11/22/09
11. ChevronEnvy 12/8/9
12. RL-20II Guy 1/1/10
13. myBIKE1 1/21/10
14. Axlepeg 2/14/10
15. Raul 3/2010
16. ?
Axlepeg
HA! Took me a minute to see where you signed it, Raul!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.