Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Riding at Rockford
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Freestyle BMX
wds
Calling all riders going to Rockford!!
I'm trying to get a crew together to ride the local public skatepark in Rockford.
Got a post started in the Rockford section: Rockford skatepark riders
I hope we can get something going. It'd be fun to ride with y'all.
-Bill
BOB-O
me and some others are going to be riding friday..so, we can work something out. keep us posted.

bob-o
bmx-bandit
Sounds like a great idea.. let's get this going...
BUB
If I go, I want to do this. I'll look for the PW.
HOT DOG
Sounds good, but are there any Flatland riders going thats all I do. Plus I have to get ready for a show the weekend after Rockford, I'm still going strong, not bad for being 35 years old.
Ricky D
i thought it was time to bump this to the top of the page . how many people are bringing riders to rockford and are going to ride friday?
wds
I found the location of the Park.
It's called "Skateworks skatepark" at the Harlem Community Center Sports Complex. It's in either Loves Park or Machesney Park Illinois (depending on what website I read!). It's right off Forest Hills Lane, just before Rockford Speedway.
And it's a free, public park that allows bikes.
Hope to see you riders there!
-Bill
BOB-O
maybe we should ride at the swap meet area..?
STRIKE
Nah, the swap meet area is all grass with a small road in front of it that's usually busy with bmxers walking and campers pulling in.

WDS knows what time it is.
oldschoolrider88
<-------------flatlander
wds
even public skateparks have parking lots...
-Bill
Todd Costantino
Which day and time? Will it interfere with the BS?

-Todd
wds
Friday afternoon. Before the Swap meet & such. I don't have an exact time down so as to keep this all casual & loose, but I'm guessing I'll be at the skatepark around 1pm or so. Y'all can just show up as you please.
This way I don't think it should interfere with anyone's plans to enjoy the official VBMX stuff at the track friday evening.
Even if you ain't riding, just come on over & hang out!
-Bill
retroBMX
I'm in! 'Course since I am hitching a ride with WDS, I'd have to be.

We'll set up the bunny hop standards for practice in the parking lot!

-Todd- I think Bill is planning us to be at the park in the afternoon/evening on Friday, prior to the BS race and swap meet. Anyway, it is a free park and open practically all the time (from what I surmised from last year), so peeps can ride whenever...probably we'll head out there Thursday too, don'tchathink Bill?
wds
I like how you're thinkin' Paul!
wds
Just a bump. I'm getting excited for Rockford!
-Bill
wds
So I whipped up a little (BIG) map to help y'all get an idea where the park is in relation to the Clocktower & Track. It's large & take a bit to load. Hope to see y'all there!
-Bill
Click for Map!
STRIKE
Bill, you are the man.
wds
Bump
Rockford is nigh upon us! Hope to see y'all there!
-Bill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.