Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BMX RACER FOR CANCER
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > BMX Racing
nvmyslowride
I am planning on doing a fully custom Cancer awareness bike and then Ebay it with 100% proceeds going to a cancer reasearch. Below are some gussets I designed and we made all with in a few hours today. One will be for the seat stay bridge, the one without tabs hopefully wrap around the headtube..

My wifes Grandmother just passed away from cancer this week. And alot of my family has also, This month our daughters cat passed away and the Vet thought it could have also been cancer. A buddy on my race team dads friends were just told they have cancer.

I plan on building it with the best parts from alot of BMX companies. So stay tuned for the build and whats to come! If you havent seen any of my builds, look in my bikes, I like creativity.

Thanks for looking and STAY TUNED!

HARO is working with us and so far I know the Bars and forks will be CLIQ!! Then they may send some more parts.

Here is one of my contacts from HARO BIKES emails!!

Here is my newest tattoo to celebrate my brother’s port removal. I know how much he hated having that port in his chest for the last 6 year and I know how good he feels now. I chose the lavender ribbon because it stands for ALL cancer. My grandmother has battled breast cancer and won. My brother battles lymphoma and won. I want the world to know you can and will win the war with cancer if you put your mind, body & soul to it. Love and Faith can cure all with the right amount of support.

PICTURE WAS EDITED FOR THIS SITE. BUT YOU GET THE IDEA

VERY COOL STORY ABOUT THOSE WHO FOUGHT AND WON, AND A KILLER TATTOO!!!

BRINGING BMXER'S ONE STEP CLOSER TOGETHER!

SO FAR THE PARTS LIST IS.......

Cliq Turnbar 8�� Handlebar
Cliq Weaponz Cranks 177.5 outboard bearing system
Cliq Finisher Fork

Killer start to a killer race bike

AND BULLSEYE IS IN ALSO!!!

STAY TUNED!!

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP $ WISH TO BUY MISC NEEDED PARTS, AND POWDER COAT, EXC..

PAYPAL IS GIVEBMX@ROCKETMAIL.COM

THANK YOU
sjaquay
Very cool idea, I lost my dad this past January to cancer, just watching the suffering, was glad when he did not have to suffer anymore.
nvmyslowride
I hear ya.

The frame for this is prob going to be a 125R
Jason F.
Great idea, we just had one of the best track moms, volunteers, and all around awesome ladies ever, pass from pancreatic cancer in our area, if you need anything from Uni let me know.
nvmyslowride
CURRENT STUFF TO ROLL IN

POLISHED 177.5 CRANKS

THESE WILL BE POWDERED TO MATCH FRAME

nvmyslowride
So this is another reason this build is so amazing. FOR EXAMPLE.... Chris Moeller @ S&M who sent me a message at 3:56am my time, saying Nick, I am out of the country, but we just pulled a 20.75 frame out for you that was on its way to paint " we are getting raw to custom powder" and we will send it to you ASAP, do you need anything else? A guy took time away while out of the country, to make a call, to pull a frame out of production to hit the mail ASAP!! True class!

Joe over at Haro, Hey Nick what do you need? So I told him, a few days later, BAM CLIQ bars, forks and cranks... Then also saw my post of facebook about us taking the bike to some childrens cancer hospitals, then offered on top to send product to hand out to the kids to make there day, Now that is RAD

Michael G from BOX.. Sent me a message to send him a image to put on a custom BOX plate, then said he is going to try to hurry and get us custom color brakes, lever, stem!! CUSTOM, BOX, HELL YA

People like Steven from Bullseye, Matt Coplon from Profile,

THESE GUYS TAKING TIME OUT OF THERE DAY, TO HELP A LIL OL SOMEONE FROM THE MIDWEST TO BUILD A BIKE. THIS IS BMX. TOGETHER AS A TEAM WE WILL BUILD THE MOST ELITE BIKE WE CAN....

STAY TUNED, MORE COMPANIES ARE WANTING IN ON THIS BUILD, IT COULD BECOME EPIC!!!

FRAME- S&M SPEEDWAGON 20.75 FROM CHRIS MOELLER
FORK- CLIQ FINISHER
BARS- CLIQ ADDICT
CRANKS- CLIQ WEAPONZ 177.5 POLISHED
SEAT POST- PREMIUM CARBON
BRAKES-BOX
LEVERS-BOX
PADS-BOX
STEM-BOX
PLATE-BOX
SPROCKET- CUSTOM 4 BOLT 44T CANCER SPROCKET BY MOLINE WELDING VIA LAZER/CNC.
HUBS-
HOOPS-
SPOKES-
NIPS-
SEAT-
GRIPS-
CABLE- BOX
HEADSET-
PEDALS-
TENTIONERS-
CHAIN-
TIRES-
TUBES-

To go with our cancer race bike. Rbrad designs who designed my program jerserys is doing a special cancer jersery to go with the bike, and they will be done by Cyberhorse!
RedMist
Very cool project.
nvmyslowride
I just saw a few emails of what some companies are sending, 1 off cool stuff!!!

STAY TUNED!
nvmyslowride
So here is the frame, Direct from Mr Moeller himself! 20.75

Profile Hubs direct from Matt Coplon himself in Anno pink!!!!

after reading some tid bits on speedwagons, kinda worried this wont fit now!!! Custom 44T

THESE ARE BEING CUSTOM DONE AS WE SPEAK NOW FROM BOX!!!

PROMAX STEM

BOX CUSTOM BRAKE SET

MORE COMING, STAY TUNED!!!

CUSTOM LEVER!!!

nvmyslowride
Don't forget the cancer bike ticket presales have started. $5.00 each.

PayPal is givebmx@rocketmail.com

Please in subject put name and phone number. Whatever we do we can't use the word raffle or donation yet until our non profit is done and filed with PayPal or they will shut is down

More parts on the way. Stay tuned for some amazingness!
nvmyslowride
CUSTOM JERSERY THAT WILL GO WITH THE BIKE, ONCE THE SPONSERS ARE ADDED!!!

ALSO LETS HERE SOME COMMENTS, GEEZ! LOL
nvmyslowride

nvmyslowride
HERE ARE SOME MORE PARTS FOR THE CANCER AWARENESS BUILD

DONATED BY

bmxgirlmom
Awesome project!

24 year (come November) survivor here.
Jason F.
Super cool.
nvmyslowride
Hear are some AMAZING ONE OFF PARTS FROM BOX. Custom pink lever, pink brakes, even pink brake pads. Promax stem. custom number plate and more.

Hoops are BOX. The front rim is also one of 8 ever made so far of that style and not even introduced yet. It will debut at Interbike. ONLY ONES THIS COLOR.

AMAZING STUFF FROM BOX! ONLY THE ELITE OF THE ELITE HAVE THIS AND NOT EVEN THIS COLOR!

THANKS MICHAEL AND TOBY!

doug118
Shocked to see a S&M frame instead of a 125R. What happened?
nvmyslowride
QUOTE (doug118 @ Sep 4 2013, 08:16 PM) *
Shocked to see a S&M frame instead of a 125R. What happened?

S&M just wanted to get involved with us, so we got together and did it. Nothing wrong with SBC, just trying something different.
nvmyslowride

nvmyslowride

cheapevil
Wow that is SIC! Going to look amazing. Great job.
Jason F.
So sweet so cool, lost my uncle( my dads twin) and a track mom who was so special, this is a great project.
nvmyslowride
HERE ARE THE WHEELS. SIMPLY AMAZING

FRONT HOOP IS A BOX PROTOTYPE HOOP. I WAS TOLD BY BOX THERE WAS A HANDFUL MADE AND I HAD THE FIRST ONE OUT IN PUBLIC HANDS. I HAD THESE A FEW WEEKS AGO WHEN THEY WERE TO DEBUT AT INTERBIKE. 1 OF 1 IN PINK!!!

PINK PROFILE HUBS

LACED TO RAINBOW TI SPOKES, PINK ALLOY NIPPLES

AND BUILT BY THE FAMOUS CHAD POWERS OF POWERS BIKE SHOP

TIOGA S SPEC KEVLAR TIRES, AND LITE TUBES TO TOP OFF THIS KILLER WHEEL SET!

brendellajet
Wow! Great bike for a great cause!
nvmyslowride
SHORT LIL VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu...amp;app=desktop
nvmyslowride

nvmyslowride
Ladies and Gentleman, I need some help. A very good friend of mine who happens to be a fellow BMX'r could use our help. He lives currently 600 miles away from his fiance! His fiance is now currently fighting for her 3rd time cancer. He wants to propose to her asap and I want to help him get there and Get it done!

Unfortunately at this time she has no insurance as she has not been able to afford the cost. Now she must have insurance to even go through the process of analysis, let alone treatment, but of course has no money to pay this extra cost in her life.

SO!!!!!!!! THIS WEEKEND ONLY. WHATEVER TICKETS WE SELL FOR THE CANCER AWARENESS BIKE WILL GO DIRECTLY TO THIS CAUSE. $5.00 EACH TICKET FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A BIKE WORTH $4,000

Paypal is GIVEBMX@ROCKETMAIL.COM in the subject please put name and phone number!!

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN AND YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A ONE OFF LOADED BIKE!!!!

BETTER PICS SOON TO FOLLOW WITH THE NEW SEAT AND GRIPS!!!

nvmyslowride
WHO HAS GOT TICKETS?

Native Bikes built a bad ass custom hand tooled seat with deer leather and a 3d logo. S&M shield with the ribbon in the center. Super trick and is mounted right on top of the cancer bike.

iamthestig
I got my tickets, can't wait 'til I win it biggrin.gif
nvmyslowride
Everyone please share this. We are really really behind on ticket sales, . PLEASE READ full description for ticket prices!

CANCER AWARNESS CUSTOM BMX BUILD.. Tons of one off parts. S&M 20.75 speedwagon, CLIQ forks and bars all done in a custom translucent Met purple over chrome. CLIQ cranks, Bullseye Cycle polished pedals, BOX one off Hoops in pink, BOX brakes in pink, one off pink brake pads, Promax banger stem in custom pink, Pink BOX lever, all pink parts have the chain link cancer ribbon lazered on them. Custom BOX plate, BOX cable, Pink Profile hubs, TI rainbow spokes built by Powers Bike Shop, Tioga Kevlar tires, Lite tubes, ODI yellow lock on STAY STRONG GRIPS, One off CANCER SUCKS chain ring, Profile Racing tentioners, Pink Salsa quick release clamp, Thompson Elite seat post that has been smoothed and high polished, One off Native Bikes seats, hand tooled with the S&M shield logo with the cancer ribbon inside shield, Kingstar polished headset and more. 2nd seat is a TI railed custom LOVE logo seat from retrobmx.com

$5.00 each ticket or THIS WEEK ONLY $50 for 20 tickets. Paypal is givebmx@rocketmail.com IN THE SUBJECT PLEASE PUT "CANCER" AND YOUR NAME AND PHONE NUMBER!!

THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK. AND A HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSERS.
Jason F.
Bike is amazing.
nvmyslowride
LESS THEN 30 DAYS LEFT, and the sales of tickets are pretty disapointing. Great cause killer bike and the value is through the roof. Tickets have sold, but hardly enough if you had to buy the wheelset. The goal of this bike was to raise a few thousand dollars for cancer charities. Please if you can share this link and buy a single ticket. If your looking at helping and want to buy a great value worth, please PM me I am able to help you there. VALENTINES DAY SOMEONE WILL WIN THIS NO MATTER WHAT, so we need to hurry!

Please and thank you..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=102...e=3&theater
nvmyslowride
ONE DAY LEFT. VERY LITTLE SOLD

I have thought about this and this is what I am going to do with the CANCER AWARNESS BIKE FUNDS. ONLY 1 DAY LEFT!!!!!!!

All funds will be donated to Cierra Mauldin a 7 years old and was diagnosed in 2013 with Genetic Melanoma and she races BMX! A cancer awarness BMX bike, for a BMX'r with cancer, to me it only seems like a very fitting choice. I didnt want this to go to any corp, but to someone who needed a little help from alot of friends, and i wanted to do something with children!!

Even if you don't ride BMX buy a $5.00 ticket and sell it! " it's for a great cause " you could buy a used car with this $ lol

To get a ticket, PayPal $5.00 to givebmx@rocketmail.com

In the subject please put cancer and your name and number to contact you.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=102...e=1&theater
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.