Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The ultimate retro SE OM Flyer
VintageBMX.com > Special Interests > Retro New School
Paul Laurenzi
This is my idea of the ultimate retro new school SE OM Flyer. All of the parts that I used are new retro parts.

Let me know what you think,

Parts list:

2011 SE / OM Flyer frame ( brake mounts removed )
SE Landing Gear forks
SE cruiser bars
(all of the above parts were powder coated SE Blue
SE sprocket (anodized gold)
SE seat post (chromed)
SE seat
Re-issue retro Profile Crank
Re-issue retro Hutch pedals (cages anodized gold)
Re-issue retro Di Compe MX1000 front and back brakes, MX seat post clamp, MX brake levers, brake cable hold downs. brown cable
Retro Bullseye hubs (Powder coated SE Blue and anodized gold outers)
Sun rims (chromed)
DK re-issue stem (anodized gold)
Ame grips
Tange headset (anodized gold)
Comp III type tires

Paul Laurenzi
QUOTE (Paul Laurenzi @ Dec 13 2012, 04:01 AM) *
This is my idea of the ultimate retro new school SE OM Flyer. All of the parts that I used are new retro parts.

Let me know what you think,

Parts list:

2011 SE / OM Flyer frame ( brake mounts removed )
SE Landing Gear forks
SE cruiser bars
(all of the above parts were powder coated SE Blue
SE sprocket (anodized gold)
SE seat post (chromed)
SE seat
Re-issue retro Profile Crank
Re-issue retro Hutch pedals (cages anodized gold)
Re-issue retro Di Compe MX1000 front and back brakes, MX seat post clamp, MX brake levers, brake cable hold downs. brown cable
Retro Bullseye hubs (Powder coated SE Blue and anodized gold outers)
Sun rims (chromed)
DK re-issue stem (anodized gold)
Ame grips
Tange headset (anodized gold)
Comp III type tires

Fulltilt

I think that is a really cool bike .
Len WEED
Wow that is a beautiful bike
Paul Laurenzi
Thank you for the compliments on this build. I put a lot of time into coordinating the color combination. I wanted a new school retro 26' SE OM Flyer that paid homage to the SE of the past that I grew up with. I was excited to see that a lot of top of the line parts manufactures had produced a line of retro components.

The Dia Compe MX seat clamp I had to machine the inside diameter larger to fit, the Bullesye company was great to work with. They sent me un-plated parts that I had powder coated to match the frame, and then I had outer hubs anodized gold with all of the rest of gold parts so that they would have the same contrast. I was originally on the fence about the new SE seat (I was going to use a more retro looking plastic one) but it looks a lot better in person and is very comfortable.

As good as the bike looks, it rides even better.

I would like to find a reproduction SE wind decal for the SE bars.
mxer746
Smoking hot! Great work!!
CharleyGnarlyP290
QUOTE (Paul Laurenzi @ Dec 14 2012, 07:07 AM) *
Thank you for the compliments on this build. I put a lot of time into coordinating the color combination. I wanted a new school retro 26' SE OM Flyer that paid homage to the SE of the past that I grew up with. I was excited to see that a lot of top of the line parts manufactures had produced a line of retro components.

The Dia Compe MX seat clamp I had to machine the inside diameter larger to fit, the Bullesye company was great to work with. They sent me un-plated parts that I had powder coated to match the frame, and then I had outer hubs anodized gold with all of the rest of gold parts so that they would have the same contrast. I was originally on the fence about the new SE seat (I was going to use a more retro looking plastic one) but it looks a lot better in person and is very comfortable.

As good as the bike looks, it rides even better.

I would like to find a reproduction SE wind decal for the SE bars.

Try BMX Products. They have a bunch of good quality repro SE decals/stickers. They might have something. And on Ebay from time to time there is a person selling sheets of SE Wing stickers in various sizes for a pretty good price.
monkeybiscuits
That is stunning mate, top drawer build cool.gif
Len WEED
Paul,

You can get the SE Wing decals for the bars at planetbmx.com

http://www.planetbmx.com/shop/decals-/-sti.../prod_1390.html
Paul Laurenzi
Thank you for the webite for the decal and all the compliment on my build
mtbmonkey
I love the color combos. A lot of thought went into that. A++
Roc
Lookin' good, Paul.
Todd Lyons
Cool build Paul! You did SE and myself proud. cool.gif
Paul Laurenzi
Thank you for the compliments. It is good to hear from you Roc, and it was a honor to receive a compliment from you Todd.
monkeybiscuits
That is sweet mate

I have just bought one of these in Baby Blue,

Hopefully it will stop raining in the UK soon so i can ride it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.