Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SE Racing Retro Freestyler
VintageBMX.com > Special Interests > Retro New School
mtbmonkey
This is really directed towards Todd @ SE, but I'm sure that a lot of you would support this too. I would really love to see SE Racing make a Retro Quadangle with Standing Gear forks, and Skyway mags. I would rock that bike all the time. Personally, I still ride a nflatland bike but am looking for an older style geometry bike for a cruiser and all around bike. I know that the Quad would be that bike.

So Todd, help us out here. Don't let us ride old broken down frame and forks that have been thrashed. Give us new equipment so that we can be safe and happy.

pwh4130
QUOTE (mtbmonkey @ Nov 11 2012, 06:37 PM) *
This is really directed towards Todd @ SE, but I'm sure that a lot of you would support this too. I would really love to see SE Racing make a Retro Quadangle with Standing Gear forks, and Skyway mags. I would rock that bike all the time. Personally, I still ride a nflatland bike but am looking for an older style geometry bike for a cruiser and all around bike. I know that the Quad would be that bike.

So Todd, help us out here. Don't let us ride old broken down frame and forks that have been thrashed. Give us new equipment so that we can be safe and happy.

It would be cool but you need rims. You can't freestyle on Tuffs anymore. The brakes don't work well, they don't hold over 60psi and they flex because we don't weigh 120 pounds anymore. And it has to have freestyle geometry! Don't put the extras on a race frame!
mtbmonkey
QUOTE (pwh4130 @ Nov 12 2012, 03:16 PM) *
It would be cool but you need rims. You can't freestyle on Tuffs anymore. The brakes don't work well, they don't hold over 60psi and they flex because we don't weigh 120 pounds anymore. And it has to have freestyle geometry! Don't put the extras on a race frame!

I agree about the Tuff's but I'm okay if they come with them too. For me, I would want a retro freestyle rig. It would have to have freestyle geometry. There is no doubt about it. Even bring back the standing loops on the chainstays. That would be a sweet bike.
tdunster
I'd buy a freestyle quadangle retro fer sure.

As long as the basics were there I'd simply customize it with my own drive train and wheel choice.

Brake issues aside it'd be graphite tuffs for me.

Pauly
QUOTE (pwh4130 @ Nov 12 2012, 06:16 PM) *

Just playing devil's advocate here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNS7mfu2Hpo

Though it would certainly help to have Josh's already well developed skill set! laugh.gif
oldschoolrider88
HA...i forgot about that video!
mtbmonkey
It would look sweet in some wild 80's colors.

Okay! I'm getting myself excited over nothing. I can dare to dream though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.