Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new frame
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > BMX Racing
FaithBMX
baker0127
Sweeet!!!! Carl!
AZaz
Possible Ssquared but the headtube is integrated?
FaithBMX
QUOTE (AZaz @ Jun 22 2012, 01:58 AM) *
Possible Ssquared but the headtube is integrated?

I think you are on to something
AZaz
26" wheels?
CA10
Yup its SSquared 24" cruiser frame and integrated headset.
Antsnz
is it a matte black - looking good be interested in what bling goes with it!
FaithBMX
QUOTE (Antsnz @ Jun 22 2012, 10:02 AM) *
is it a matte black - looking good be interested in what bling goes with it!

dark grey

24"

and it's 4130; can't believe nobody figured that out

There's going to be a Stay Strong theme to it.
ANT DOG 3:16
Saw it on my phone and looked at the tubing but looking at it now I can see it. Very nice
2elliot
I like it. Ssquared Back. Are they making a 20" version?
FaithBMX
QUOTE (2elliot @ Jun 22 2012, 07:43 PM) *
I like it. Ssquared Back. Are they making a 20" version?

I believe so.

When I contacted them about the cromo frames it was because they have had it listed on their website for a while.
Now that they made this first cromo frame for me; I think it has reenergized the desire to do a full cromo run.
This is the first one and we are already talking about tweaks for the next one, so it might take several tries to get the material specs just where they want them before they start building other sizes.
FaithBMX
Here's some from my new build; prototype Ssquared cromoly pro cruiser.

integrated head set

dropouts

closeup of serial number PCX000

mid bb

so far so rad with the adjustable Answer stem and headset

Answer carbon hs spacers

Stay Strong seat and Speedline brakes

I will get the bb pressed in yesterday and hopefully finish the build tomorrow night.

Waddaya think so far?
Antsnz
Lovin the drop outs
Given the stay strong theme be cool if you could get some stickers redone with yellow where the red is, that would be killer
can't wait to see it finished love that colour
FaithBMX
QUOTE (Antsnz @ Jun 28 2012, 08:45 AM) *
Given the stay strong theme be cool if you could get some stickers redone with yellow where the red is, that would be killer
can't wait to see it finished love that colour

Already in the works, just wanted to have something on there to build it up.
2 questions

How does the stem work (being adjustable)

Are they considering a 20 inch?
FaithBMX
QUOTE (ANT DOG 3:16 @ Jun 28 2012, 11:48 AM) *
2 questions

How does the stem work (being adjustable)

Are they considering a 20 inch?

Ant,

By flipping the colored spacer (not colored on production stems) it will adjust the length.
Mini = 35-40 MM Reach
Expert = 40-45 MM Reach
Pro = 45-52 MM Reach
Pro XL = 50-57 MM Reach
Mine is the Pro XL run at 50mm.

I believe they will be doing a complete cromoly line in the future.
Thanks I wonderd how that worked, looking to build race bikes for my nephews and have been shopping for parts.
LogansDad
Why the Mid BB? If it is something you requested specifically than I completely get it. But, if it is to be the spec for the cromo frame wouldn’t that drastically limit the crank options for the riders.
FaithBMX
QUOTE (LogansDad @ Jun 28 2012, 05:09 PM) *
Why the Mid BB? If it is something you requested specifically than I completely get it. But, if it is to be the spec for the cromo frame wouldn’t that drastically limit the crank options for the riders.

It's a prototype and I am running cranks with a 19mm spindle so it is not an issue for me.
That's what prototypes are for; to experiment.
KAM
Cool frame!

I love the idea of being able to have the exact geometry and brand frames in Aluminum and Cromo. One for trails and one for race.
Uncle_Todd
Looks great, how much does the frame weigh?
FaithBMX
QUOTE (Uncle_Todd @ Jun 28 2012, 06:53 PM) *
Looks great, how much does the frame weigh?

quoted from another thread that asked the same question
"Haven't weighed it.
Ssquared were intent that the cromo frame looked like the alu one, but they will most likely slim down all of the tubes for the next proto.
For now I'm just giving them feedback on the handling/geometry."

LogansDad
QUOTE (FaithBMX @ Jun 28 2012, 01:11 PM) *
It's a prototype and I am running cranks with a 19mm spindle so it is not an issue for me.
That's what prototypes are for; to experiment.

I understand the purpose of having prototypes. Was just wondering if it was something you wanted to try out or just a cool one off. I have always thought the mid bb would be nice for a race bike just limits the rider’s choices on cranks. I was gonna give you some props for wanting to try something new but I guess it is just something John threw on there for you.
OLDSMARBMX
QUOTE (LogansDad @ Jun 28 2012, 04:12 PM) *
I understand the purpose of having prototypes. Was just wondering if it was something you wanted to try out or just a cool one off. I have always thought the mid bb would be nice for a race bike just limits the rider’s choices on cranks. I was gonna give you some props for wanting to try something new but I guess it is just something John threw on there for you.

Carl, was running that type crank so it worked out. The production ones will most likley have a slightly different material for the chain and seat stays and the race ones will have a euro BB and the trail/street/park will have the mid is what we are looking at. Then again we can make it whatever way you want.

John
FaithBMX
QUOTE (LogansDad @ Jun 28 2012, 09:12 PM) *

Sorry, I wasn't trying to talk down to you; just saying that Ssquared was experimenting with the mid bb on my frame.

QUOTE (OLDSMARBMX @ Jun 28 2012, 09:32 PM) *
Carl, was running that type crank so it worked out. The production ones will most likley have a slightly different material for the chain and seat stays and the race ones will have a euro BB and the trail/street/park will have the mid is what we are looking at. Then again we can make it whatever way you want.

John

There you go; straight from the man; and letting a little something out of the bag about trail/street/park frames in the plans.
OLDSMARBMX
QUOTE (FaithBMX @ Jun 28 2012, 04:45 PM) *
Sorry, I wasn't trying to talk down to you; just saying that Ssquared was experimenting with the mid bb on my frame.

There you go; straight from the man; and letting a little something out of the bag about trail/street/park frames in the plans.

He's all good Carl, he's only about 6'9" 275# little guy, big teddy bear, ahahhahah.

John
OLDSMARBMX
Carl, This might be the next frame to test out, John

RodneyR
OOOOWWEEEEE!!! Very Nice! cool.gif
FaithBMX
Finished build

OLDSMARBMX
Very nice man, now just to get the family to go shopping for the weekend so you can wear the bike and yourself out, hahhaha.

John
FaithBMX
QUOTE (OLDSMARBMX @ Jun 29 2012, 02:10 AM) *
Very nice man, now just to get the family to go shopping for the weekend so you can wear the bike and yourself out, hahhaha.

John

Here's the credit card, honey; see you Sunday night.
It'd be worth it.
superjeer
You say 4130, but I'm sure you mean OX Platinum / 4130 ?
FaithBMX
Local track still rain damaged from last weekend.
Took it to the trails today and before I could even think of hitting any jumps I stepped off of the 6' roll-in platform and hit a couple of ladder rungs on the way to the ground. Nothing broke on me; just a little sore and somehow my back wheel got a little bent. Might be next weekend before I get to ramp it up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.