Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: USA BMX Midwest Nationals, Rockford, IL
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > BMX Racing
bjadog
News on the National coming to the Rock...

We were just informed that the Rockford Park District has said no one is to camp in the park before 10:00 AM on Thursday.

Quiet time is from 10:00pm to 7:00am.
That means all generators are to be turned off.
No open fires in the park, you must use a metal fire pit.
No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the park.
No roping off areas (that means no saving spots).
Be kind to the neighborhood.
Remember camping is a privilege not a right.
Watch your pit area.
The police and park ranger will be out enforcing the rules of the park, you may be asked to leave the park if you don't follow the rules.

Heads up... two weeks before the Rockford Midwest National there will be bike inspection again..

We will have Gate practice on Thursday from 9:00 am. to 3:00 pm. Then racing under the lights on Thursday..

Rider Clinic will be ERIC RUPE-- news to come
wrench69
Thanks Brad for the heads up, but I for once wont be there this year because my son Brandon is getting married that weekend, now if only we can make it a BMX wedding.
Thumperpilot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahP_DbHqqUw&feature=plcp

Track layout via TWhit ala -Manual style!
bjadog
QUOTE (bjadog @ Jun 17 2012, 09:53 PM) *
News on the National coming to the Rock...

We were just informed that the Rockford Park District has said no one is to camp in the park before 10:00 AM on Thursday.

Quiet time is from 10:00pm to 7:00am.
That means all generators are to be turned off.
No open fires in the park, you must use a metal fire pit.
No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the park.
No roping off areas (that means no saving spots).
Be kind to the neighborhood.
Remember camping is a privilege not a right.
Watch your pit area.
The police and park ranger will be out enforcing the rules of the park, you may be asked to leave the park if you don't follow the rules.

Heads up... two weeks before the Rockford Midwest National there will be bike inspection again..

We will have Gate practice on Thursday from 9:00 am. to 3:00 pm. Then racing under the lights on Thursday..

Rider Clinic will be ERIC RUPE-- news to come

I was just told from the boss. After Thursday at 12:00 pm. will be aloud to set up EZ up and tent around the track. Anyone who does set up and EZ up or tent Early WILL BE REMOVE FROM THE TRACK... Lock chain or other wise

Bike inspection Start on Sunday July 1 2012
bjadog
BMX RACE CLINIC

Come out to ride and learn from BMX Hall of Fame member Eric “Big Daddy” Rupe and the new GT am team. Spend three hours with the GT guys and find out the secrets to becoming the best BMXer you can be.

When: Wednesday July 18th 3pm to 6pm
Pre-Sign with Candy at the track now as the clinic is limited to 40 riders.

Where: Rockford BMX

What: Three hour clinic covering gate starts, riding,
training, mental preparation and proper nutrition.

Cost: $30
You’ll get stickers and a GT goodie bag to take home with you
DaBeast
So no generators overnight, are there electrical hookups in that area?
bjadog
QUOTE (DaBeast @ Jul 10 2012, 11:37 AM) *
So no generators overnight, are there electrical hookups in that area?

Sorry not on site
protour77
QUOTE (bjadog @ Jul 10 2012, 08:11 PM) *
Sorry not on site

Hope its not hot like South Park. My generator ran for four days straight without ever shutting it off. 25 gallons of gas but I always had a cool place to hide from the heat and a nice cool place to sleep. smile.gif

With all the camping rules I think this would be a good race for a hotel.
lee14
If it going to be hot, we won't be there. There is no way that we are going to endure sleepless nights because of someone's idiotic "no generator" rule.
Stileman
Stile Ind will be there. If you need custom jerseys stop by the both and check us out.
bnd
QUOTE (lee14 @ Jul 11 2012, 02:14 AM) *
because of someone's idiotic "no generator" rule.

I would imagine the people that live right there across the street don't want to listen to the hum of dozens of generators for 3 nights.

b.
nomercybmx
QUOTE (bjadog @ Jun 23 2012, 07:25 PM) *
I was just told from the boss. After Thursday at 12:00 pm. will be aloud to set up EZ up and tent around the track. Anyone who does set up and EZ up or tent Early WILL BE REMOVE FROM THE TRACK... Lock chain or other wise

Bike inspection Start on Sunday July 1 2012

So if we get there on Thursday at 9am for gate practice we cant set up our pit area? and if we cant set it up by the track we have to set it up away from the track and then take it down to move it next to the track after 12
bjadog
QUOTE (bnd @ Jul 11 2012, 08:28 AM) *
I would imagine the people that live right there across the street don't want to listen to the hum of dozens of generators for 3 nights.

b.

This is correct.....Camping in a Public park is a privilege not a right. Be kind to the Neighbors or they will shut down camping in the park....
bjadog
QUOTE (nomercybmx @ Jul 11 2012, 09:25 AM) *
So if we get there on Thursday at 9am for gate practice we cant set up our pit area? and if we cant set it up by the track we have to set it up away from the track and then take it down to move it next to the track after 12

Yes this is correct

We are try to make it equal for everyone....
DaBeast
QUOTE (lee14 @ Jul 10 2012, 09:14 PM) *
If it going to be hot, we won't be there. There is no way that we are going to endure sleepless nights because of someone's idiotic "no generator" rule.

Genius local governments. No generators overnight, oh, and we won't provide you any electricity either blink.gif I mean after all, who needs A/C in the middle of a heat wave? laugh.gif

So much for staying anywhere near the track, I'll be searching for other accommodations today.
Justin Miller
QUOTE (lee14 @ Jul 10 2012, 09:14 PM) *

I would suspect the no generator rule is likely because of the yahoos that show up with the big noisy construction generators that run at 150dB. A camping area where everyone is running the quiet Hondas, Yamahas, Kipors, Boliys etc. is not that loud.

It would be nice if they specified that the generators need to be from an approved list. Many campgrounds and parks that allow generators have lists like this.
DaBeast
Anybody done the camping thing for a Rockford national before and have suggestions? I have a 40' class A so I'm mulling over some WalMart parking lot camping at this point... rolleyes.gif
Smorrow
QUOTE (DaBeast @ Jul 11 2012, 05:32 PM) *
Anybody done the camping thing for a Rockford national before and have suggestions? I have a 40' class A so I'm mulling over some WalMart parking lot camping at this point... rolleyes.gif

We have camped there the past 6 years. nothing worse than a really cheap (loud) generator with some nice rusted out exhaust system running all night long while trying to sleep 20 feet away.

Walmart is really close by, maybe 5 minutes.

i understand YOU wanting to run the generator all night, but the hundreds of people sleeping in their tents dont like it.

As it has been said, camping there is a privilage and we are lucky to be able to do it in a public park for the weekend.

Scott
nomercybmx
QUOTE (nomercybmx @ Jul 11 2012, 09:25 AM) *

OK thanks, I heard that when its time to get a spot you can get run down, lol
CWracer
I can say this, the track is freak'n dialed this year!
lee14
QUOTE (Smorrow @ Jul 11 2012, 11:39 AM) *
We have camped there the past 6 years. nothing worse than a really cheap (loud) generator with some nice rusted out exhaust system running all night long while trying to sleep 20 feet away.

Walmart is really close by, maybe 5 minutes.

i understand YOU wanting to run the generator all night, but the hundreds of people sleeping in their tents dont like it.

As it has been said, camping there is a privilage and we are lucky to be able to do it in a public park for the weekend.

Scott

Both sides have a valid point. I just don't understand why there can't be some kind of separating of the generators and non-generator campers so that everyone can be comfortable. I've seen this done at many other races over the years. Furthermore, require campers to keep their generator within 10' of their camper. As, far as motorhomes that have their generators onboard, I'll bet nobody would even know they were running, they are fairly quiet and like I said, located within the RV itself. It doesn't make sense to require them to be turned off.
DaBeast
In all fairness, the USABMX flyer for the event doesn't show any camping available at all, so I guess you get what you can get if you decide to stay at the facility. Beggars can't be choosers wink.gif I found a few camp sites all within a 30 minute drive so it looks like that's the way to go.

My RV has an abnormally loud(for a class A) generator so it would be an issue for me. I do think it's funny though that everyone in my coach can sleep with a loud generator and 2 overhead a/c units running, and people a football field away can't sleep from the noise tongue.gif It's like screaming kids, it's never as bad when it's "your noise" laugh.gif
bjadog
Wednesday have GT clinic going on.....call the track after 10 am to get more information 815.8748719 to see if there space left..

Thursday....
We will have gate practice from 9 am to 3 pm it will cost $ 10.00 pre bike...
Top and bottom of the hour will be 12 and under...15 and 45 of the hour will run 13 and over.....
Then we will be racing under the light on Thursday before the USA bmx take over on Friday and all weekend.......

Be kind to other and watch your pit area.....

Hope everyone have a good time from the staff for the Rockford bmx.........
CWracer
Parking is 5 bucks per day, BTW.
zallamalu
We were planning to come up Thursday morning for practice, probably from about 9-1pm. Am I correct in understanding that I can not set up our tent until 12:00 even if we are using it during practice as I would expect it to be well over 90 degrees out? Just curious.
joelwitte
We have to pay to park this year? Or just in the roped off areas... I usually park down towards the ball parks
bjadog
QUOTE (CWracer @ Jul 16 2012, 02:58 AM) *
Parking is 5 bucks per day, BTW.

Parking is still free..the Rockford Park district will be in control of parking and camping...
bjadog
QUOTE (zallamalu @ Jul 16 2012, 04:36 PM) *
We were planning to come up Thursday morning for practice, probably from about 9-1pm. Am I correct in understanding that I can not set up our tent until 12:00 even if we are using it during practice as I would expect it to be well over 90 degrees out? Just curious.

Yes that is correct .... NO one to set up around the track in tell 12:00....
Sorry we will try to keep it fair for everyone to get a good spot....
Plus this is from the USA bmx Not to set up in tell 12:00
bjadog
QUOTE (joelwitte @ Jul 16 2012, 08:01 PM) *
We have to pay to park this year? Or just in the roped off areas... I usually park down towards the ball parks

Rockford park district will set park area and camping area
NO roping off area because you maybe in the parking area.....

Just have a good time.... don't want anyone hurt or have to leave the park...
Be kind and watch your pit area...

Smorrow
Is there a skatepark in rockford? My son wants to get there early thursday to ride a park
thanks,
Scott
nomercybmx
I'm getting there on Thursday with body guards so I can get a spot by the track, lol
diablo.gif
SirMarco
I'm really hoping I can race this weekend. I haven't been able to since my crash in Nashville. I'm going to ride Elgin tomorrow and see how everything feels.
nomercybmx
QUOTE (SirMarco @ Jul 17 2012, 02:47 PM) *
I'm really hoping I can race this weekend. I haven't been able to since my crash in Nashville. I'm going to ride Elgin tomorrow and see how everything feels.

This isnt facebook so I will say it, LIKE biggrin.gif
bjadog
Sorry more news from the Rockford park Distract ..

confirmed that, because of the dry weather that we have been experiencing, there will be no open burning allowed, whatsoever, on camp grounds in the park. This includes campfires that are normally allowed in this park and during this event only.

NO CAMP fire because of the Dry Conditions

There should be additional information related to grilling in the park. The heat from a low grill can catch the grass on fire and this can be a concern as well. I would recommend that there be some additional information be added for those that will be grilling with the cheaper/smaller/disposable grills to bring water and/or fire extinguishers to put out fires that start under the grill due to the heat. It is also important that there be information to make sure that the charcoal be properly extinguished and not placed on the ground after use. This could be something that our staff is also walking around
nomercybmx
QUOTE (bjadog @ Jul 17 2012, 05:45 PM) *
Sorry more news from the Rockford park Distract ..

confirmed that, because of the dry weather that we have been experiencing, there will be no open burning allowed, whatsoever, on camp grounds in the park. This includes campfires that are normally allowed in this park and during this event only.

NO CAMP fire because of the Dry Conditions

There should be additional information related to grilling in the park. The heat from a low grill can catch the grass on fire and this can be a concern as well. I would recommend that there be some additional information be added for those that will be grilling with the cheaper/smaller/disposable grills to bring water and/or fire extinguishers to put out fires that start under the grill due to the heat. It is also important that there be information to make sure that the charcoal be properly extinguished and not placed on the ground after use. This could be something that our staff is also walking around

Kinda sucks but completely understandable, these dry conditions have been great for no canceled races but it is very dry out there and nobody should complain about this request, I'm not in the mood to be woken up in the middle of the night because the place is on fire. cool.gif
bjadog
BMX RACE CLINIC

Come out to ride and learn from BMX Hall of Fame member Eric “Big Daddy” Rupe and the new GT am team. Spend three hours with the GT guys and find out the secrets to becoming the best BMXer you can be.

When: Wednesday July 18th 3pm to 6pm
Pre-Sign with Candy at the track now as the clinic is limited to 40 riders.

Where: Rockford BMX

What: Three hour clinic covering gate starts, riding,
training, mental preparation and proper nutrition.

Cost: $30
You’ll get stickers and a GT goodie bag to take home with you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.