Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 88 RL 20 II Flight Chainwheel Question!
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Restoration Tips & Tricks
Profiler
Hey ya'll. I'm gettin' ready to sell off an above mentioned unrestored project. Kiwi. (This is NOT a sales ad) At some point I took the flight sprocket off and it got mixed in with my others. Does anyone know which one it may have been? They are single pinch flights, chrome. Was the chainwheel black? Silver? What tooth? What logo? Anyone know?
Glen
I think it was a CD looking chainwheel with a script "Redline" logo on it.
Profiler
Thanks Glen, but I figured it out. Finally tracked down some pics from when I first got it. It's actually a Flight Chainwheel 43t with the only noticable difference from others, is that the 'spoke' that the drive arm connects to, is sort of flanged around the connecting bolt. It can be seen on the ebay listing that ends tonight!

BTW, I scoured dozens and dozens of this era 20 II's. And there didn't seem to be ANY correlation among sprockets/drivetrains. But this is definitely the one that came with the bike I have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.