Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elgin BMX opening day
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > Local BMX Racing
Brandon002
Went off great.. a little delay with registration but 29 motos total and what a great day. Never realize how much you miss all your summer track friends until opening day hits at the outdoor track.

Thanks Elgin for having the track in great shape with limited work time and for putting on an overall great day. Hopefully yesterday was a sign of things to come for this year!
SirMarco
Outside of the registration issue it was a great day out there. The track rode great and was fast. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
bmx890
It was a great day at The Hill! happy the outdoor season has started. Brandon your team jerseys rock who ever designed them did a great job. Glad that the rain held off so we could get it in.
ILBMX
It was a really good time on Saturday. I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves.

Looking forward to the 4X Opener. It would be nice to see Marco and Rick T. run with the 26'r crowd. (I hear Brandon is already in.)

Opening Day @ The Hill BMX - Slideshow

Pics courtesey of Earl Dickens.
Brandon002
I'm in if I can find a bike to ride. We will see.
wrench69
It was a great opening day and it could'nt have happened with out all of the people who made it possible and I would like to give a big THANK YOU to all of the volunteers who came out and help get it ready and to the ones on race day who helped make it run so smooth.

Chuck Groh
The Hill BMX
Track Operator

AGAIN THANK YOU.

Brandon002
You definitely pulled it off this year with very little work time Chuck. Thanks again for focusing on maintenance, the track looked and rode better then it has in a year or so. I had a blast even though I wasn't able to race. I will see you this weekend and next weekend and the weekend after that. I think this year is the year Elgin gets moto counts up again and nothing makes me happier!

Congrats on a successful opening day man.
SirMarco
I would love to race the 4X race. Unless I can do this on my cruiser I won't be picking up a 26'r anytime soon. Sucks because I really want one too.
BREEZY110
QUOTE (wrench69 @ Apr 17 2012, 08:33 AM) *
It was a great opening day and it could'nt have happened with out all of the people who made it possible and I would like to give a big THANK YOU to all of the volunteers who came out and help get it ready and to the ones on race day who helped make it run so smooth.

Chuck Groh
The Hill BMX
Track Operator

AGAIN THANK YOU.

HOW MANY CRUISERS 41 TO 45 IS THERE A CLASS, ALSO WOULD BE NICE IF LOCAL TRACK POSTED RESULTS THANKS
ILBMX
QUOTE (BREEZY110 @ Apr 30 2012, 06:58 PM) *
HOW MANY CRUISERS 41 TO 45 IS THERE A CLASS, ALSO WOULD BE NICE IF LOCAL TRACK POSTED RESULTS THANKS

http://thehillbmx.webs.com/individualteampoints.htm

Our results are posted in the way of our Individual Points Page. The page is best viewed when downloaded, rather than zoomed on the web page.

Over the course of two races this year, we have had 10 Cruiser riders over the age of 26 participate - 5 of them over the age of 40.

George
Brandon002
There is always a good turnout in the older cruiser classes. I can only remember a few instances when the older riders were combined with younger riders and that was last summer, in a down season when moto counts fell. This year moto counts are back up and so are the rider counts in the cruiser classes.

Come on out, you'll have a class.
BREEZY110
QUOTE (Brandon002 @ May 2 2012, 07:44 AM) *
There is always a good turnout in the older cruiser classes. I can only remember a few instances when the older riders were combined with younger riders and that was last summer, in a down season when moto counts fell. This year moto counts are back up and so are the rider counts in the cruiser classes.

Come on out, you'll have a class.

great thanks for the reply will be out soon also who makes number [plates looking for haro old school type
wrench69
Last night was a great start for Tues night racing and racing is what we did, Brandon had his own age group the last couple of races and he just plain out killed it, my class the 41 and over we had total points and its was a blast I cant remember when I pushed myself that hard, I for one cant wait till I get to race again. I would also like to thank everyone who is at the track working on the track and keeping it in great shape and Brandon thanks for the kind words, it make a old guy feel good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.