Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone Heard of a Niitaka BMX Bike?
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Vintage BMX Racing
HA Y N
Anyone ever seen one of these? I asked Ken Pliska and I stumped him, even thought he could name everything on the bike, but he had never heard the name Niitaka BMX. The seat isn't original, but I think everything else is.

-Leasure
Randy
I've seen that bike before...thats all I know.
MiniZ
These were around in the early '80's. Entry level BMX made in Taiwan sold in Bike shops. I had one and while it looked cool, it was a definite POS. The example in your picture has non stock cranks, stem, bars, seat and seat post, and possibly wheels and tires.
Jason F.
I have had a couple, I even flipped them for decent money, people do collect them. And yes knock off/copies of mongoose.
HA Y N
QUOTE (Jason F. @ Feb 28 2012, 11:21 PM) *
I have had a couple, I even flipped them for decent money, people do collect them. And yes knock off/copies of mongoose.

Jason, what kind of money are we talking when you flipped them?
Jason F.
QUOTE (HA Y N @ Mar 1 2012, 05:24 PM) *
Jason, what kind of money are we talking when you flipped them?

lol NOT much but I did buy each of them for $5 at goodwill, and got 50 and 80 out of them. I could have probably made more but it was a time when I had about 35 bikes on the floor of my garage and my ocd kicked in and they HAD TO GO!
HA Y N
QUOTE (Jason F. @ Mar 2 2012, 07:27 AM) *
lol NOT much but I did buy each of them for $5 at goodwill, and got 50 and 80 out of them. I could have probably made more but it was a time when I had about 35 bikes on the floor of my garage and my ocd kicked in and they HAD TO GO!

Ah, this dude is asking $120....not that great of a deal. Maybe I can talk him down to the Goodwill price of $5??? lol
GBOSS
I can get a Yellow one,but its a little beat..... huh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.