Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Old Guns Shootout!
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > BMX Racing
Pages: 1, 2
Dexter
Hey all, its that time of year again, the Old Guns Shootout is on again at Steel Wheels Indoor in Hobart, IN February 4th during the Race For Life.. I am a little bummed this year cause I am going to have to miss this one for the first time, the 4th was the date given for our RFL and it just so happens I will be in sunny Jamaica ( oh darn!) but the show must go on, so its coming together quickly, and it is looking like it will be the first race in a series, with the new USABMX sanction it has opened up the opportunity to work with another great track in our area, Hire Park in Warsaw, so look for dates for the summer portion of the Old Guns Shootout soon..If you want to lend a hand or be a part of it you can contact Steel Wheels BMX, or me at dragonwheelsracing@yahoo.com
ChrisH
QUOTE (Dexter @ Jan 4 2012, 07:16 PM) *
Hey all, its that time of year again, the Old Guns Shootout is on again at Steel Wheels Indoor in Hobart, IN February 4th during the Race For Life.. I am a little bummed this year cause I am going to have to miss this one for the first time, the 4th was the date given for our RFL and it just so happens I will be in sunny Jamaica ( oh darn!) but the show must go on, so its coming together quickly, and it is looking like it will be the first race in a series, with the new USABMX sanction it has opened up the opportunity to work with another great track in our area, Hire Park in Warsaw, so look for dates for the summer portion of the Old Guns Shootout soon..If you want to lend a hand or be a part of it you can contact Steel Wheels BMX, or me at dragonwheelsracing@yahoo.com

Dex, I'm voting for an Old Guns "Clipped Edition" Shootout! I can't ride flats man........fly right off those pedals....lol
ANT DOG 3:16
Damn wish I could get to this
DJBBMX
QUOTE (ChrisH @ Jan 5 2012, 12:33 AM) *
Dex, I'm voting for an Old Guns "Clipped Edition" Shootout! I can't ride flats man........fly right off those pedals....lol

Seriously?
ChrisH
laugh.gif [/color]
QUOTE (DJBBMX @ Jan 4 2012, 09:01 PM) *
[color="#FF0000"]

Seriously?

YES......haven't been able to stay on a flat pedal since switching to clips on MTBs in '94
Dexter
QUOTE (ChrisH @ Jan 5 2012, 02:12 AM) *
laugh.gif [color="#FF0000"][/color]
YES......haven't been able to stay on a flat pedal since switching to clips on MTBs in '94

Sorry man... this is OLD SCHOOL! LOL
ChrisH
QUOTE (Dexter @ Jan 4 2012, 09:17 PM) *
Sorry man... this is OLD SCHOOL! LOL

I know....knew I was asking for it from the "no clips" guys. Seriously though, looking forward to watching this race again. Racing last year was off-the-hook. Some fast dudes for sure.
Oldschoolfreak
There's always duct tape!!
Jeff V
Maybe one of these year's I will have the drive to make it to the gate again. The show won't be the same without ya Dex!
83gt4fun
So 35 is old now smile.gif ? And is it any age bike with flats, or OS bike, etc?

Thanks
MdubSTYLIE
Two more years and I am back in it. wink.gif
Dexter
QUOTE (83gt4fun @ Jan 5 2012, 01:58 PM) *
So 35 is old now smile.gif ? And is it any age bike with flats, or OS bike, etc?

Thanks

any age bike open wheel (size) as long as it has flat pedals.. this is looking like its going to be a good race, winner of the series will take home a killer set of Dragon Wheels!
obsessive
QUOTE (MdubSTYLIE @ Jan 5 2012, 02:14 PM) *
Two more years and I am back in it. wink.gif

haha, you know the age will be changed as soon as your eligible Joel. Its the Joel Moore rule. In 30 years you'll have to be 70 to race it
AZ01
Wish we had somthing like this here in Arizona. I'd love to dust this off and race it. cool.gif

MdubSTYLIE
QUOTE (AZ01 @ Jan 6 2012, 03:25 AM) *
Wish we had somthing like this here in Arizona. I'd love to dust this off and race it. cool.gif

I am sure you could get a track in PHX to do it. AZ pro track, talk to Paul Moore.
DJBBMX
who the hell is Joel Moore?
Dexter
things are comin together for the race!
obsessive
joel moore is a bmx legend and you don't know? you should be ashamed
Bryan_D
I will try to make it.
PedroBrown
Going to try to make it this year....
MdubSTYLIE
QUOTE (DJBBMX @ Jan 7 2012, 04:36 PM) *
who the hell is Joel Moore?

Can that be my new nickname? I know they usually go in the middle, but I like it!

And who the hell are you?
MdubSTYLIE
QUOTE (obsessive @ Jan 11 2012, 09:58 PM) *

Best post ever!!!Thanks B.
rivercitypull
QUOTE (Bryan_D @ Jan 11 2012, 10:58 PM) *
I will try to make it.

carpool

QUOTE (PedroBrown @ Jan 12 2012, 12:06 AM) *
Going to try to make it this year....

carpool
Dexter
QUOTE (MdubSTYLIE @ Jan 12 2012, 02:19 PM) *
Can that be my new nickname? I know they usually go in the middle, but I like it!

And who the hell are you?

Next time you race at Steel Wheels I am gonna announce you as "Who the hell is Joel Moore" !! classic!
obsessive
you may think you know who he is, but you never can tell
Gary Mason WWR
Lurking
DJBBMX
QUOTE (obsessive @ Jan 12 2012, 03:58 AM) *

Really? I should know this? Why?

Didn’t Fred Yanke win this race the first year?

DJBBMX
any track changes
standardcruiser251
2 more years and i will be old enough for old guns!! tongue.gif 33 in march
obsessive
no real track changes this year.
DJBBMX
So we have 5 riders so far?
obsessive
you'll have between 16 and 25 riders....easy
hardees86
making plans now psykopath will be in the house...i hope lol
RICKRICK
Count me in as a moto filler......

Rick H
Dexter
5-26-2012 Imagination glen BMX
7-27-2012 Bangor MI Full Crank BMX
TBA Warsaw IN Hire Park BMX
This is the rest of the schedule for the "Old Guns Shootout Series" top 3 scores will count towards the final, winner will recieve a new high end set of Dragon Wheels and bragging rights for the year (among other things) c'mon out and get your race on!!
bmxpozer
Have fun Im out Acl and Pcl on the first of feb. local race
with great riders.Good winter time fun.
Dexter
Saturday is comin up quick, got your flat pedals on your bike for practice?
frontlinebmxer
Fun race. Good job to Jackie and the crew and to Dan R for the top-notch announcing as usual. If anyone has a video of the Main event carnage, I'd love to see it!
Jason Chang
QUOTE (Dexter @ Jan 30 2012, 07:17 PM) *
Saturday is comin up quick, got your flat pedals on your bike for practice?

Have we reached a point where we have to practice in flats? Maybe the young guns but I expect an Old Gun to be fine and pull a mean power slide to a power wheelie. Maybe a one footed start, hahaha.
burdettebmx
A one pedal start should be mandatory in a flats race...
JCop
Great racing. Great track! Thanks to everyone who helped put it on!
beamer
QUOTE (RICKRICK @ Jan 22 2012, 12:48 AM) *
Count me in as a moto filler......

Rick H

you are so full of it Rick...moto filler my backside.
DJBBMX
So what happened? Nobody got nothen? Sounds like it was a great race. Glad I missed it.
Rich Coles
A one pedal start should be mandatory in a flats race...

Frank Nuccio would never lose a moto.......

RC smile.gif
ChrisH
QUOTE (DJBBMX @ Feb 5 2012, 05:18 PM) *
So what happened? Nobody got nothen? Sounds like it was a great race. Glad I missed it.

Here we go.....Mr. Negative has to ruin another thread.....way to go.
Brandon002
Who won this year? I'm pissed that I missed it again.
pmbyke
I think Garcia, from canada? super fast main, hard even semi's
beamer
anyone know how many riders and who made the main + results?
DJBBMX
Still nothing? Last year there was more talk. Someone put up video. Mania had a page for it. WTF?????
woodybmx86
exactly. where is everybody? I had to miss it, baby stuff, fam stuff, superbowl, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.