Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Training Forum
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > Training For BMX Racing
MikeCarruth
By popular demand, we've created a forum just for training topics, discussions on same, and all the protein powder you can handle.

2012 is the year!...this is the place to keep your program on point.

Enjoy!

M
Big Bird
Awesome! Thanks for creating this Mike.
RodneyR
GREAT Addition!!! ANYTHING TO help keep the new years motivation going is Always welcomed!! cool.gif p90x day 1 (again) laugh.gif
FatGuy
Thanks Mike. Hope to see a lot of guys doing their own threads to keep track of their logs. Always helps to see what others are doing.
DoranB
I don't know if I am intrigued, scared or just ready for some good entertainment that will unfold in this thread. People have pretty strong beliefs when it comes to training and everyone thinks they're right. Way to kick of a new year Mike! popcorm1.gif
mannequinforce
DB I really hope your secret training methods are going to be unveiled in here so I can learn the best and the baldest! tongue.gif
that70sguy
Just plain awsome, when i have healed enough which should be about june or july i suspect i will read this thread quit a bit.

Thanks to everyone that got this together.

ride to live
live to ride

Ron
DoranB
[quote]DB I really hope your secret training methods are going to be unveiled in here so I can learn the best and the baldest! [/quote]

Training secrets? ha. I'm a 38 year old dad, business owner and TM....I barley have time to ride, much less train. And when I'm not busy with all my other responsibilities, I like to sit in front of the mirror and comb my hair biggrin.gif

You want tips from guys like Coach G, Big Bird, German, J-Rich, Cools, Caldwell, T-Hoff, etc. ...you know, guys that have proven themselves or have trained riders that have become champions.
protour77
Thanks for the training section. I hope this stays a constructive section. I look forward to learning about some new workouts. This could be a really good thing.
bumpdat1
Hi all, I'm a 50 year old BMX'er raced in the old days, quit for a long time now back in. I like sprints, twice a week, maybe three times a week if local racing is canceled. Plylometrics and weights twice a week. Mondays and Wednesdays it's weights, Tuesdays and Thursdays it's sprints and plylo's. So since today is Tuesday, it's a sprint day, with plylo's first for warm ups. I'll do 2 sets of 10 sprints of about 25 yards. But that varies sometimes it's 2 sets of 15 sprints of 10 yards. Any thoughts, suggestions?
Chaz
Big Bird
[quote name='bumpdat1' date='Feb 21 2012, 07:22 PM' post='1158493']
Hi all, I'm a 50 year old BMX'er raced in the old days, quit for a long time now back in. I like sprints, twice a week, maybe three times a week if local racing is canceled. Plylometrics and weights twice a week. Mondays and Wednesdays it's weights, Tuesdays and Thursdays it's sprints and plylo's. So since today is Tuesday, it's a sprint day, with plylo's first for warm ups. I'll do 2 sets of 10 sprints of about 25 yards. But that varies sometimes it's 2 sets of 15 sprints of 10 yards. Any thoughts, suggestions?
Chaz
[/quote]

Chaz, the fact that you're 50 years young and getting back into it is awesome! Your programming looks just fine.

bumpdat1
[quote name='Big Bird' date='Feb 21 2012, 05:11 PM' post='1158542']
Chaz, the fact that you're 50 years young and getting back into it is awesome! Your programming looks just fine.
[/quote]
Thanks, I've been for a few years now. Not brand new.
rrp
Thanks all,for the insight on a great topic. Im still proud to say im a 50 year old BMX racer also. I fell back in March two weeks after the Gators and almost broke my back @ a local event,so i have been on a really slow pace to train.In all honesty,actually, im having a hard time getting started again.The Gators are here soon,so i wanna be some what ready. So my question is,what is a good method to start off? I was riding my bike and almost got hit by a car so i pretty much stopped that,being it scared the hell out of me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks RRP.

Jason F.
Curious if I could have my own training thread? Coming off an injury and being over 40 and having already lost 116lbs and then gaining 30 back during the injury and now back at training/losing weight and with a goal of losing another 100lbs I think I could help the seriously over weight get back at it. Nothing speaks volumes about doing it than a guy who was 406lbs very recently speaking candidly. There NOTHING more annoying that getting encouragement or ideas from someone who has never really had a weight issue.

Let me know. I dont want to spam the "what did you do today" thread but if you want me to continue posting there thats fine also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.