Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Redline BMX
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Restoration Tips & Tricks
mikejlang
The serial number looks to be rmcd7911023. im thinking its a 97 proline? Let me know if you have any idea.
mikejlang
QUOTE (mikejlang @ Oct 4 2011, 01:16 PM) *
The serial number looks to be rmcd7911023. im thinking its a 97 proline? Let me know if you have any idea.

It could be older being that it was donated from a police impound yard where I picked up another 1984 redline and an old Torker. Got all the bikes for 5 bucks a piece. I shoulda bout the other ones, a couple of GTs. Im just curious if its worth restoring. It has all redline parts with sunrims.
omartcruisers
Google Redline BMX serial numbers and follow the link to the happy place that makes me want to skip! Skip! post.
mikejlang
QUOTE (omartcruisers @ Oct 10 2011, 09:18 PM) *
Google Redline BMX serial numbers and follow the link to the happy place that makes me want to skip! Skip! post.

I tried the google redline serial number route first, who wouldnt. Did not find this particular serial set. Posting here is about step 5 lol. I just want to know a little about it. Frame and all parts are so light and welded clean, way better than the other redline i picked up, chances are its asian made, but so is my girl lol
GBOSS
I could help you better if could post a pic up on here worried_anim.gif
mr coasterbrake
i'd say it's mid-'90s or later.

most of the later redline date-codes are in the letters and are not obvious at all. at one time i knew how to read them (from selling tons of 'em), but i forget.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.