Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V brake help/options/brands questions
VintageBMX.com > Special Interests > Retro New School
plushie
Doing another build, this time with V brake mounts. Looking for your 2 cents on V brakes, brands, etc.

Thanks!
cheez
Odysee A-brakes good2.gif They don't make them anymore but they can still be found. Nice feel, strong, tuck in behind the seat stays, easy to adjust and they stay that way
plushie
The A brake looks great, but I can't find one in black online. The Cane Creek brake looks like a good choice. It doesn't use a noodle, and the top of the arms are out of the way.
brklynfbm
I use Paul brakes...some people hate them, but they usually don't know how to adjust them correctly. They're the most powerful V-brakes I've used.
bmcg5712
Paul's are the best
mtbmonkey
I like the Shimano DXR's. I like to run my brakes softer than normal. I can get a better brake with the DXR's than Tektros.
Brandon002
TRP Donny Robinson signature brakes were the best I have ever owned. I use DXR's now with a Paul lever and while I love the setup, I wish I would have kept the dR brakes.
Len WEED
I run AVID Single Digit 7 v-brake and lever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.