Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: didn't know the rules.....
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Freestyle BMX
MaddenBMX

Sorry Mike and Elvis......didn't realize the rules on trying to get a worth on a certain bike.

Would it be improper to ask if a certain set of things about a bike qualifies it as a collectors item? .....like age, whether its in production anymore, or if the company has gone the way of the DoDo?
What are the basic qualities that make a vintage bike, lets say.....unique?

-Madden
oldschoolrider88
What kind of bike?
And ill be the first to say that its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
MaddenBMX

Its a black Dyno DeTour complete. Its the one with the CrMo 3D dropouts on the frame and the forks ( kind of surrrounding where pegs would go). The frame is reminscent of a Claayborn with the front/head tube design
My guess is one of the last models they did before Pacific buying them by a year or two.....maybe a little earlier.

I will post a pic ASAP. Just wanted to see if anyone was hunting these down.

-Madden
Pauly
Sounds like a 2000 or 2001 Detour. I had one for a while. It's a nice flatland specific bike, but rather heavy. I wouldn't say it's rare but still a good rider.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.