Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What size are axles from the Mid-90's and back?
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Freestyle BMX
BillyDub
Trying to buy some pegs for my Morales and I am so confused with new school vs old school sizes?? I have an old school set-up I would think? Would 3/8" pegs work?

I feel like a total noob...just lost. ha

Thanks
BillyDub
Also..if I wanted to run a new set of forks on my bike would that be possible?
2FRESH
From 1994 til 1996 Morales came with 3/8" (10mm) drop outs. The 1997 and 1998 model had 14mm drop outs.
So yes, i would say you're fine with pegs with holes for 3/8" axle. And, you can always drill them to fit with bigger (14mm) axle.

I've seen people converting their headsets so that they can run new (modern) forks on their older frame. I don't have personal experience of that though, but it was one of the discussions here a short while ago.

Do you have any pictures of your Morales? Always curious to see one. Would also help ID what year it is.
oldschoolrider88
new forks on old bikes
http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=28925.0
BillyDub
Having trouble uploading pictures for some reason. It is a 96 I believe.
2FRESH
You can also upload photos at photobucket.com, then copy>paste the given "IMG" link on your post here.

I see you're looking for Kore flat forks. Good luck on your search, they are pretty hard to come by and in demand.
oldschoolrider88
still bummed about selling my Morales and Kore forks last year...frame was mint and the forks were NOS
oldschoolrider88
this was mine, and it was the most badass bike i have ever owned.
BillyDub
I will never sell my Morales. I just can not part with it.
BillyDub

There you go....
2FRESH
Here's my '95.

Ridden aswell.

Kore flat forks in 3 generations for comparison.
BillyDub
Love your bike 2fresh. I can not fit a bigger sprocket on mine. I forgot what size the one on the bike is.

I need to find those forks someday...I will somehow....even if I have to jack a fool for them.
BillyDub
I should ad that since the pics I have replaced the pedals with some plastic KHE pedals and cleaned the bike up. I am currently getting some aluminum pegs put back on her as well.

Other than that is is on to the next bike....getting back into building and loving them like I used too. Looking for the right bike..pref twin top tube. Found a fishbone but the guy wants WAY to much for it. We will see.
BillyDub
Not sure where to say this but the other day I posted in mid-school about the 2008 GT Compe I got off of craigslist for $60. I wanted to get some opinions about it etc. I came back today to see what folks said and it is gone.

This is the second time a thread of mine has been deleted. Did it get deleted because it is a 2008 bike? Is this place really that tight on topics? I mean it was a bmx bike I was talking about.

I do not understand. Can someone tell me what I should and should not post?

Thanks

Billy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.