Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Redline Device Complete
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > Dirt, Vert, Park, Street & Flatland BMX
Cook Bros Seeker
I was just wondering why Redline freestyle bikes (I know they are more noted for race bikes than freestyle) are not mentioned with the other freestyle brands. The Device complete looks like a high end bike (weighing 22lbs). I was considering buying one for my son and wanted to get the thoughs of some riders out there. It would be lot more expensive to build up a bike of similar weight.

irodetoday
QUOTE (Cook Bros Seeker @ Jun 17 2011, 03:21 PM) *
I was just wondering why Redline freestyle bikes (I know they are more noted for race bikes than freestyle) are not mentioned with the other freestyle brands. The Device complete looks like a high end bike (weighing 22lbs). I was considering buying one for my son and wanted to get the thoughs of some riders out there. It would be lot more expensive to build up a bike of similar weight.

do it

its legit
sonikk71
It a great complete. I had a chance to check one out at my local bike shop and was very impressed.
Cook Bros Seeker
Good to hear, thanks. I'm sure my son's friends will say "Redline?", "what kind of bike is that?"
sonikk71
Yeah unfortunately the Redline name just doesnt carry the clout it did back in the 80s in freestyle/dirt/street circles but the bike is very good. Another really sweet complete that is in the same price range is the We the People Envy. Check it out....

http://www.wethepeoplebmx.de/elite-series/envy
Cook Bros Seeker
The other bike I was considering is the Eastern Boss. Any thoughts on that bike?
sonikk71
The Boss is another good bike. Either one of the bikes you looking at will make a great bike for your son.
jumpinjim
If his friends say Redline what? Just mention the name Brandon Dosch. Current Dew Tour Dirt Champ and an Awesome Rider. Another Complete to consider is the Sunday EX series. I bought my son the Gary Young EX it is tight.
Cook Bros Seeker
QUOTE (jumpinjim @ Jul 2 2011, 08:54 PM) *
If his friends say Redline what? Just mention the name Brandon Dosch. Current Dew Tour Dirt Champ and an Awesome Rider. Another Complete to consider is the Sunday EX series. I bought my son the Gary Young EX it is tight.

That's nice. What does it weigh?
jumpinjim
Not sure. Sorry I have'nt gotten back to ya sooner. You can contact albes or maybe check the Sunday website. Have you bought a bike for your son yet?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.