Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kuwahara ET parts ?
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Restoration Tips & Tricks
Mr. Smith
Thank you for reading.

I was doing some research and discovered that the ET Kuwahara bikes were offered available w/ either black Ukia Speedlines, black dia compe Tech II & 890 caliper or gold Ukia Speedlines, gold dia compe Tech II & 890 caliper.

Which color combo was more predominante ?

I'm leaning towards using gold as it really accents the bike nicely.

Any and all imput is sincerely appreciated.

Rob
hemi455
QUOTE (Mr. Smith @ Jun 16 2011, 06:49 AM) *
Thank you for reading.

I was doing some research and discovered that the ET Kuwahara bikes were offered available w/ either black Ukia Speedlines, black dia compe Tech II & 890 caliper or gold Ukia Speedlines, gold dia compe Tech II & 890 caliper.

Which color combo was more predominante ?

I'm leaning towards using gold as it really accents the bike nicely.

Any and all imput is sincerely appreciated.

Rob

PM sent, Let me know if you didn't get it.
Gooser1
The Kuwahara ET's didn't come with gold parts as standard, there were 3 models available and none had gold parts.

Kuwahara did make a pack/kit around that time that had all gold parts including rims, 3 piece cranks, brakes etc in a box that was supplied to dealers but it had nothing to do with the ET bikes, it was just a pack that people could buy and was full of high end parts that would have been out of the price range of most buyers of low spec ET bikes.

So it's possible someone optioned the gold pack at a shop or a shop put a gold pack on an ET, but as the ET was built to be cheap why would a dealer then option it up when that would have added to the price of an already budget bike. Which ever way, it was never a factory fitted ET variation.

Don't be confused by an ad with the kid looking out the window and a photo of an ET bike in the bottom corner with gold parts. That bike is a KZ frame bike and not a looptail ET. That ad was made before the ET looptail bikes were ready and so it used a KZ frame just like the bikes used in the movie.

At least one of the movie bikes painted in the ET red/white colours scheme had gold rims at some stage and was photographed around the movie lot, however the gold rims weren't used on the bike in the movie.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.