Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spoke nipples for steel Mongoose Pro Class rims?
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Restoration Tips & Tricks
slowman
Picked up an '84 Expert and was going to get to work trueing up the wheels when I discovered that the spoke nipples are too thick for any spoke wrench I have.

A bit of research into this and I found that in '84, the Mongoose Expert with steel rims had .090" spokes. I can't for the life of me find replacement spoke nipples and a spoke wrench that fits them. Anyone know where I can find them? I imagine most of you guys just relace them with standard spokes?
expertmongoose1984
QUOTE (slowman @ May 24 2011, 08:59 AM) *
Picked up an '84 Expert and was going to get to work trueing up the wheels when I discovered that the spoke nipples are too thick for any spoke wrench I have.

A bit of research into this and I found that in '84, the Mongoose Expert with steel rims had .090" spokes. I can't for the life of me find replacement spoke nipples and a spoke wrench that fits them. Anyone know where I can find them? I imagine most of you guys just relace them with standard spokes?

Any luck. I am restoring my 1984 Expert and I need new spokes. I cant for the life of me find the right size.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.