Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Illinois BMX Show and SWAP
VintageBMX.com > BMX Events & Gatherings > Member Gatherings
Pages: 1, 2
ELF_DUDE
It is going to happen this year But it may be a lot smaller then it usually is. The show is regenerated every year by the guys who attend, Buy raffle tickets, Donate to the show, I have been tosing this around since last year and have decided to tone it down this year.

I know everyone is geting ready for rockford this year which i am going to try to attend but felt i would get this post started alot earlier this year. If anyone has any ideas they wish to throw by me i am all ears and eyes. I have switched jobs so do not get much time to visit the boards so be patient as i will respond when i can

James
race_inc
Yo whassup James?! Just do it like Rockford this year, have a good old fashioned "bro down"! Post up a time and place and then everybody can bring their own food and grills or whatever. We can just hang out, ride and stuff like that, easy peasy!
BIRD6961
im in
ELF_DUDE
I have had a few guys PM me As it looks right now it is going to be as a Bro-Down Style More details to come soon.
TyStud
im in peoria im a noob here but if its cool im down for it let me know
Moosegoose Nick
"im in peoria im a noob here but if its cool im down for it let me know" Dude, knowing ELF_DUDE, you are MORE than welcome to attend. Heck, bring the family and make a day of it. Always good to meet "noobs."

James, you know I will be there. Which park are you looking at this year? Same as last year or the old location?
Since this will be a Bro-Down , I can bring a case of hot dogs and buns as well as the fixins and a few cases of pop. All I ask is for the "Infamous TANG to be there. smile.gif

WIll be good seeing everyone again.
TyStud
sounds good ill be there trying to make rockford also but i just spent 275.00 in parts on my 83 scrambler so i may just go to this event
ELF_DUDE
Welcome to the site doesnt mater if you are NEW i had abunch of new faces attend last year. Thanks NIC, Pm coming, I have sat down and did some idea throwdowns hopefully they stick i think they are real good ideas. I will release the location details soon but looks like the location will not change at his point. Any questions feel free to PM me i will check them when i can

James
GR8BNDINI
James, your a D-bag and I would'nt come to your lousy gathering if Moose gave me a piggyback ride all the way there. Im just playn.....and you know this MAAAAAAAAN!!
bmx-dad
Can we move the date to sunday ! sad.gif

I just opened a bike shop were closed sundays !
PUNKAHONTAS
If not too far from St. Louis, I'd be there with the family.
Moosegoose Nick
QUOTE (PUNKAHONTAS @ May 23 2011, 02:58 PM) *
If not too far from St. Louis, I'd be there with the family.

It's in Ottawa Illinois. If you bring the family, I know there is a very nice public park in Ottawa that has an awesome pool for the kiddies and the wife. Do make it out, it's always a great turnout and a good time is had by all.
Moosegoose Nick
BUMP!!!!
vettefan
James, I have always enjoyed the show as it has been, how much $$ do we need to raise to cover trophy's and food so that you are not out of pocket ? I will donate towards that and try and send some e-mails and see f we cant all help to contribute if people want to keep it as-is. call me or drop me a pm with your thoughts please. Vette.
cheez
I'm in. Saturdays work better for me, have a day to recoup then. What about Illini park or one of Marseilles parks maybe the large parking area over by the Marseilles ball feilds? Could do a pub crawl on bikes. No shortage of pubs in Marseilles. I'm cool with no trophies just a get together with some dogs or burgers and Motomag Moron Chili !

Hey I wonder if there is a spot were we can set up a ramp and do some water landings?
cheez
BUMP
4themasses
Joining thread to keep updated. Me and a few BITD guys are coming with our kids. Went to the one by the Joliet Speedway track this spring. Pretty cool stuff. Can't wait!
ELF_DUDE
update so far had alot of interest in members interested in helping keep this show exactly the way it is every year. I am still working out some ideas i have started to work on with a few mebers to try and keep some of the same vibe. any ideas please contact me via PM.

James
Moosegoose Nick
Heard Willinois may be coming up for some NEKKED Bunny hopping. sarcastic_hand.gif
oldschoolrider88
QUOTE (Moosegoose Nick @ Jul 8 2011, 05:58 PM) *
Heard Willinois may be coming up for some NEKKED Bunny hopping. sarcastic_hand.gif

god help us.
auburnguy
Depending on my work schedule, which has varied a lot this year, I'm in. PM on the donation side of things James or hit me up on Museum. I'm Auburn_Fanatic over there. It's always a good time at your gatherings bro.
bmx-dad
I am trying to convince my wife to watch the shop while i go to the show !

Is there anyone looking for parts or bikes? I can bring it there to the show, We carry about every brand.

I have a few of the new SE retros on hand or i can get one ordered up to a week before the show.

Has anyone posted this on the mesume or let the new 44T club out of chicago guys know about the show ?

Bigger the better !
cheez
Bump, any new news on this?
4themasses
Bump.....couple weeks out. Any details? Times...directions??
cheez
Maybe push it off till the end of August see if the forcast getts better? This effin heat and humidity SUCKS!
steve7072
Hey I am a newbie here and i would love to go!! I have a gen 1 84 haro master that i just started restoring! let me know the details and i'll be there thanks bro steve
Ultrahots
Is this going to happen ?
getset
I might be in Chicago that weekend and could cut my visit short to possibly make this. I see Ottawa is right off I-80 and not real far out of the city. Any more details to help us nail this thing down?
ELF_DUDE
Sorry i have ben so vacent I have been trying to crunch numbers and places. My original spot has been reserved this year and had a hard time finding another spot. My focus every year is to make the show the best it can be but unfortunatly this year is going to have to go in a differant direction.

This years will be more like a Bro-Down, It will still be the same day of the 13th but the location will be at my home. I know this informtaion is a last minute change of direction but at this moment it is the only option i am going to have. If you are interested in Helping with food or drink please contact me via PM, I am still trying to assemble a raffle table, My main focus is being able to gather. If you are wanting to swap again contact me I have a enclosed backyard I can accomidate. If you have any questions again PM me I will be checking them frequently

My address is
208 broadway st
marseilles, IL 61341

The time is around 10am but not a exact time frame

seracingman
Sounds great Im in.
Moosegoose Nick
Just got the work schedule for the week. Sorry James, I am not able to make it this year. sad.gif
Have a good time and take lots of pictures for those of us who can't make it.
cheez
QUOTE (seracingman @ Aug 7 2011, 08:57 PM) *
Sounds great Im in.

Bring my Torker frame with you please
cheez
OK roll call who for sure is coming?

Who's in for some raffle stuff?

Who wants a pub ride?

Who's interested in some river jumping?

Who's up for some bunny hopping?

Who's up for bringing some food or drinks? (pot luck call)
ELF_DUDE
there is definatly a pub ride this year the river jumping not so sure of due to being able to have aramp built. I did hear of a home made salsa possibly being in atendance. There will be Tang and dogs and burgers again this year. Fire this thread up guys if you choose to drink remember it is BYOB and If you want to bring some food to share lets do it.

race_inc
I'll be there. Will have my son with me so no pub ride.
ELF_DUDE
will be good to see ya been awhile. any chance for the big man to appear ?
bmx-dad
Cant make it my daughter just got out of the hospital, and i have the shop to open . sorry guys have one for me !
race_inc
QUOTE (ELF_DUDE @ Aug 10 2011, 09:59 PM) *
will be good to see ya been awhile. any chance for the big man to appear ?

The big man will be coming!
Motomag Moron
Yep, I'm coming! Bringing my little girl with too!
cheez
YEAH CHILI!!!!

"and there was much celebration"
Motomag Moron
Sorry to dissapoint, but no chili. 12's on afternoons = no time. Hope I'm still welcome.
cheez
QUOTE (Motomag Moron @ Aug 12 2011, 11:07 AM) *
Sorry to dissapoint, but no chili. 12's on afternoons = no time. Hope I'm still welcome.

sad.gif
cheez
Looks like rain, any congtigency plan?
PEP
Bring my Torker frame with you please

Trying to resist. Relax, I won't be there. I'm sure we'd have lots to talk about. I'll be on a real bike with a big motor, honey badger on the back.

Enjoy your hot dog.
cheez
Show up I don't give a poop poop poop, I say again, poop
race_inc
Soooooo, is anyone else coming? scratch_one-s_head.gif
GR8BNDINI
Myself, Frank and the other Jason will be there D!!! We'll be arriving a little late as Frank has to work. Cheez, Pep, come on you two, this feud has been goin on for what 3 years now? Cant you two just get along allrady?
race_inc
Well I had a good time today. Though the gathering didn't bring the crowd it normally does, there was still good times to be had. Just hanging out and bull$h!tting about whatever, selling and swapping parts, eating some good food, and a nice little ride at the end was good enough for this cat! Willinois, first thing my son did when he got home was yank my wife out of the house to show him the goods you hooked him up with, you da man brother and always a pleasure to hang out! Chuck, good work on the grill my friend, Thank You a ton for the Predator!!! Jason and Frank, good to see ya guys ride down and hang out! Steve, good chatting with ya, I'll be comin by the shop to hang out soon! Dan, man is your Profile a killer bike, the best part being you pulled it out of the box when it was new BITD, AWESOME!!!! Nutzy and Alaina, great to see you guys as always! James, Thank You once again for hosting this gathering, great to have one so close to home, Thanks for hooking me up with the Predator parts too!

So until next year peace out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GR8BNDINI
Big turnout, not so big turnout, its all a great time hangin with friends and looking at bikes if you ask me. James thanks for the hospitality, as usual, you allways step up so we can have a great time. It sucks I missed the Profile, as thats one of my grails. Brett, aahhhhh forget it. As for the rest of you that bunked out..........your all a bunch of wankers. wink.gif
race_inc
QUOTE (GR8BNDINI @ Aug 14 2011, 09:43 AM) *
As for the rest of you that bunked out..........your all a bunch of wankers. wink.gif

I guess walking the dog is more important to some huh J?! tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.