Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help, lacing wheels ?...offset?
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Vintage BMX Racing
cmurphy
i have a set of 1st generation bullseyes and dropped them off at local shop to get laced. the guy (old timer who seems very knowlegable) said that he needs to lace them offset (cog side spokes more straight up and down than the other side). i know road bikes and mnt bikes do this but is this correct for cruiser wheels? i figured the rim should be centered on the flanges, hence all spokes even in angles. they are going on a GT 26 bmxer. any thoughts appreciated...thanks
MarkMc
Sounds right to me.
cmurphy
his thought or mine?
socaldude
QUOTE (cmurphy @ Apr 2 2011, 05:49 PM) *
i have a set of 1st generation bullseyes and dropped them off at local shop to get laced. the guy (old timer who seems very knowlegable) said that he needs to lace them offset (cog side spokes more straight up and down than the other side). i know road bikes and mnt bikes do this but is this correct for cruiser wheels? i figured the rim should be centered on the flanges, hence all spokes even in angles. they are going on a GT 26 bmxer. any thoughts appreciated...thanks

There will probably be a slight offset or "Dish". It definitely won't be as extreme as a road or mountain bike but there will be a little. I just looked at a set of my wheels with Bullseye hubs and there is a difference between the left side locknut to flange measurement and the right side locknut to flange measurement. You're really trying to get the rim centered between the locknuts, not the flanges.
cornfed
Do you have the axle spacers on the correct sides? I think the drive side and non-drive spacers are different lengths?
cmurphy
i have the spacers, though not sure if they are orig, one is alot longer than the other. i guess i'll wait and see how they turn out bolted up to the bike.
mr coasterbrake
short one goes on the drive side.
mxer746
Maybe try www.kovachiwheels.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.