Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1st Annual OS Bike Show & Swap 4/9/11 Madison, WI
VintageBMX.com > BMX Events & Gatherings > Member Gatherings
Ben2Long
Title: 1st Annual Old School Bike Show & Swap 4/9/11

Upper Midwest's Newest BMX Facility! Everyone is welcome! WI, IL, MI, IN, MN, IA, even yoopers. Maybe a prize for farthest traveled! smile.gif

Location: DeForest Middle School Gym- DeForest, WI (Madison Area)
Pre-registration through April 5th (to guarantee T-shirt size, etc.)

COST- $35 fee includes T-shirt, awesome lunch, (10) raffle tickets & donation to the BMX track fund. Spectators are FREE- donations accepted at door.

All proceeds go toward the BMX track Construction Fund! biggrin.gif

Trophies for 1st & 2nd, 3rd place ribbon in all People’s Choice catagories:

Pre 1980; 1980-1989; 1990 & newer (20″&24″); all cruiser 24″, 26″, 29″; all survivor class; all custom class; Best of Show.

Swap spaces galore! If you want to swap/sell BMX parts: Call us in advance to reserve your tables. Each swap space will be 10′x20′ with (2) tables provided.

Email: contact@madisonbmx.com

MORE INFORMATION AT: www.madisonbmx.com
Ben2Long
Getting more raffle items by the day! Redline has sent us some killer high-dollar stuff, Hutch BMX is in (you know this is good), Porkchop has hooked us up, Retro BMX has some custom seats coming, Willinois BMX products, and the list goes on! Register soon for the show at paypal@madisonbmx.com
$35 and remember to include your t-shirt size, name and phone #. See ya there!! ~BMX Ben
Ben2Long
Only 4 weeks to go til the SHOW. So far, the long distance trophy dash is from 9 hrs. away!
Sign up now on the website- trying to get a accurate count- especially swap spaces, so we can make sure everyone has room for their goodies, eh. www.madisonbmx.com/news

This will be our last fundraising effort before BMX track construction. All proceeds from the show go towards components for the track site. IF you have some extra stuff you would like to raffle off in our auction and/or donate to the cause- lease PM me to get on the list. Everything is tax deductable- since we are non-profit!

PM me if you need motel/hotel/Holiday Inn info. We know the owners- good rates and only 1 mile away. while you are here you can check out the new BMX track site right off the freeway! biggrin.gif
Ben2Long
QUOTE (Ben2Long @ Mar 9 2011, 09:15 AM) *
Only 4 weeks to go til the SHOW. So far, the long distance trophy dash is from 9 hrs. away!
Sign up now on the website- trying to get a accurate count- especially swap spaces, so we can make sure everyone has room for their goodies, eh. www.madisonbmx.com/news

This will be our last fundraising effort before BMX track construction. All proceeds from the show go towards components for the track site. IF you have some extra stuff you would like to raffle off in our auction and/or donate to the cause- lease PM me to get on the list. Everything is tax deductable- since we are non-profit!

PM me if you need motel/hotel/Holiday Inn info. We know the owners- good rates and only 1 mile away. while you are here you can check out the new BMX track site right off the freeway! biggrin.gif

Great raffle items from Redline BMX, Retro BMX, Porkchop BMX, Willinois BMX & many more coming!! Sign ups are happening- get registered NOW if you want a T-shirt that fits & especially if you have swap items (spaces are filing up)! PAYPAL IS: paypal@madisonbmx.com
Best of Show trophy is Sweet- will it be in your trophy case?? Come and join us for the FUN. PS- we are having a OS bike cruise right after the raffle giveaway starting at 3:30 or so. Should be RAD cruis'n the streets with 100 BMX'ers biggrin.gif
Hotel rooms blocked off at the Comfort Inn & Suites- DeForest, WI. Link direstly to their site from our website www.madisonbmx.com/news sun_bespectacled.gif PM me with questions
Ben2Long
here ya go-Mapquest to the bike show
http://mapq.st/eOKon1

Dont forget to sign up!
We are also doing a bike ride right after the show/raffle at about 3:30 around town. How cool- bunch of old dudes on BMX bikes-can't wait to see people's faces with 40+ cruising around!
Ben2Long
QUOTE (Ben2Long @ Mar 17 2011, 07:44 AM) *
here ya go-Mapquest to the bike show
http://mapq.st/eOKon1

Dont forget to sign up!
We are also doing a bike ride right after the show/raffle at about 3:30 around town. How cool- bunch of old dudes on BMX bikes-can't wait to see people's faces with 40+ cruising around!

The Pre-registration ends next Wednesday- in one week! Get yours in so we can get a good head count regarding lunch, etc. There are a few swap tables left and plenty of show bike spots too. Register at www.madisonbmx.com/news Come on out, relax and enjoy a day chillin with BMX'ers & don't forget the BMX Ride around town right after the raffle tongue.gif
Ben2Long
OK BMX'ers, Pre-sign ups end tonight! There are 5 swap spaces left if you want one-let me know. Sign-ups are on our website: www.madisonbmx.com

It's great to see some dudes from the Joliet show coming up! Yes, we were there too- great show Ed! Looks like it's going to be 60 and sunny for the gig! See ya there. Bring as many bikes as you can!:D

Directions are in this thread- print them out. The DeForest middle school is easy to find, just 2 miles north from I-90/94 up Hwy 51.
retroBMX
Hey - is there a report on the show somewhere? I hope it all went well for you! Wish I could have joined you!
Ben2Long
pics up at www.madisonbmx.com
thanks to all that participated! Special thanks to all the cool sponsors; Porkchop BMX, Willinois BMX, Retro BMX, Redline. Link our facebook page from our website for more pics, info, news! Guys- grab some of these great new parts from the sponsors line-up. Man- some really great components!! We will have links to all these sponsor pages right from our site shortly!
Can't wait for the 2nd annual next year. We will most likely do it at the new BMX track under the big tent- along with the sun, some grillin' & chillin'! Already talking bringing SE Scot up with his tour, and possibly alot more. alot of guys- for some reason or another didn't make it up from Chitown:rolleyes:- but we still had close to 50 show bikes. Great raffle, food, swap stuff & good times. Ted came all the way from Alberta, CA with his kid- great guys!
We made a few bucks towards the track build. Hope to see ya'll out there! ~later BMX Ben biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.