Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: just an fyi
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > Dirt, Vert, Park, Street & Flatland BMX
pgringo aka P.hilip K.elso
just an fyi for y'all...

neon is back in bmx.

i painted my frame neon green last spring as an homage to rich sigur and rode my area last summer. in the last couple of weeks, i've noticed a few of the street riders around here have painted their frames neon green and one of those guys painted his forks neon orange to go with the green. we're right down the road from austin, so i guess we'll see if it carries on over to the rest of the world. at least the doodoo brown and solid flat black is going away finally.
rharper
HAHA Thank you Aaron Ross!
BUB
Just switched out the green parts (pedals, stem, seat post clamp) with black and white. Put brakes on; white brake cable, white grips, white seat post clamp, white plastic pedals. Chrome fork, bars and cranks, black everything else. One Empire sticker, one Saint Vitus sticker (wheatpasted from an SST ad out of an old issue of Freestylin'). Minimal; metal; mine.
woodybmx86
QUOTE (pgringo aka P.hilip K.elso @ Feb 25 2011, 09:33 PM) *
just an fyi for y'all...

neon is back in bmx.

i painted my frame neon green last spring as an homage to rich sigur and rode my area last summer. in the last couple of weeks, i've noticed a few of the street riders around here have painted their frames neon green and one of those guys painted his forks neon orange to go with the green. we're right down the road from austin, so i guess we'll see if it carries on over to the rest of the world. at least the doodoo brown and solid flat black is going away finally.

lol... where you been for the last couple of years?? its EVERYWHERE!! Been that way. along with every other color under the rainbow. I hate it.
pgringo aka P.hilip K.elso
QUOTE (woodybmx86 @ Feb 27 2011, 09:10 PM) *
lol... where you been for the last couple of years??

riding alone. *sigh*
BS
QUOTE (woodybmx86 @ Feb 27 2011, 01:10 PM) *
I hate it.

Me too. I try to follow the Henry Ford motto:
QUOTE (Henry Ford @ 1909) *
Any customer can have a bike painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black.

but yeah...the neon colors have been around for several years. Thanks (no thanks?) Mr. Ross.
sonikk71
If anything the crazy colors thing is dying down it seems like lately... BOOO!
Rodogg
I think translucent is the new hottness ..... pretty soon we'll see translucent neon colors laugh.gif

no but really ... trans colors are cool looking
joelwitte
QUOTE (BUB @ Feb 26 2011, 05:08 PM) *
Just switched out the green parts... one Saint Vitus sticker... Minimal; metal; mine.

Vitus rules man, right up there with... dare i say... motorhead?
Titanium Tim
With two boys I'm surrounded by kids and it seems the next generation of kids going through school now is much more colorful than the last. Not trying to look to deep into this, but it's something I sure don't mind. All the black everywhere you looked was starting to get depressing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.