Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3rd Annual Florida Spring Fling!
VintageBMX.com > BMX Events & Gatherings > Member Gatherings
CharlieBrown

Here is this year's location:

Fort de Soto Park‎ Area 13
3500 Pinellas Bayway S
Tierra Verde, FL 33715

It looks like the majority is staying at this hotel this year:

La Quinta Inn Tampa Bay St. Petersburg
4999 34th St North
Saint Petersburg, FL 33714
1-727-527-8421

Links to past years events:

1st Spring Fling:
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=105755
2nd Spring Fling:
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=176389

As usual, we'll have our bike building session in my garage on Friday night (gotta close down a little earlier this year, it just hurts too bad to not get to bed until 4 a.m. and wake up two hours later for the event). The event will kick off starting at 9 a.m. Saturday morning (I'll be there by 8 a.m. for those early birds that want to get there early and start setting up). This years location is right next to last year's spot...but we'll be in the shade and have a better view. There is a playground very close for the kiddos to play and the actual beach is a couple yards away so please bring the kids and wives out! We are going to have the days festivities scheduled out this year: lunch time, bunnyhop contest, raffle times, and end of the day, etc. We have some very generous sponsors this year who have dontated some very cool stuff to be raffled off. It looks like the locals are going to handle the food this year by smoking and BBQing big time, so stand by for some serious good eats! Saturday night we have secured a spot at Wing House (a Florida spin off of Hooters) right down the road from the La Quinta that most of the people are staying so everyone can chill, have a beverage and have dinner and shoot the poop about the days festivities. Sunday will be our ride though down town St. Petersburg. We will leave my garage at noon sharp and head toward downtown (4 mile ride to down town with frequent stops to regather and rest). We will end up at a sports bar called Ferg's, like we did last year, and have lunch and beverages. From there we'll head back to my place and call it a weekend/tear down bikes and repack etc.

We are going to have to do pre-payments on shirts this year so stand by for further details on those. Donations to the event are very welcomed, as you know these things aren't cheap to throw down. I'm setting up a PayPal account for the event so stand by for that as well.

**If you need to send me your bike please PM me for an address to send it to. Please, do not send your bikes to my home address!**

Again, we are looking forward to an awesome event this year and are excited to see all the faces from the past events and some new ones too! smile.gif
DYNO mite
Unless I missed it when is the date?
CharlieBrown
QUOTE (DYNO mite @ Feb 26 2011, 10:11 PM) *
Unless I missed it when is the date?

Now how in the heck did I leave that out?! laugh.gif I'll figure out how to edit my post. It's Saturday, April 2nd. Hope to see you out there again, bud!
DYNO mite
Yes we will be there...Sadly without my Brother he passed away a few short months after last years event...He is very much missed and there isn't a day that goes by that I look at those pictures I took of us there...Thanks for the memories!
CharlieBrown
QUOTE (DYNO mite @ Mar 4 2011, 11:44 PM) *
Yes we will be there...Sadly without my Brother he passed away a few short months after last years event...He is very much missed and there isn't a day that goes by that I look at those pictures I took of us there...Thanks for the memories!

Sorry about your loss, man.

But thanks for your avatar! tongue.gif
CharlieBrown
One week away! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.