Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: French Members of vintage bmx
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Worldwide BMX
chromeandpolishedalloy
Hey there guys and girls, looking to do some networking of vintage bmx members who live in france. I have seen some short you tube videos and they look really cool. i have also seen some photos of the guys and girls who race still race bmx bikes from the 1980's and they look cool too.

So if your from france, this is the link to say so and start networking.

See you on the gate
Michael
sun_bespectacled.gif
broke L345
not from France but Christoph Lavek (sp?) is one of my all time favourite riders.
bmxlorient56
QUOTE (chromeandpolishedalloy @ Jan 26 2011, 02:24 AM) *
Hey there guys and girls, looking to do some networking of vintage bmx members who live in france. I have seen some short you tube videos and they look really cool. i have also seen some photos of the guys and girls who race still race bmx bikes from the 1980's and they look cool too.

So if your from france, this is the link to say so and start networking.

See you on the gate
Michael
sun_bespectacled.gif

Hi I'm down at the Lorient club in Southern Brittany. I run the the club website and video nearly all the race finals in Brittany. I've included the links to the sites. I don't race, maybe next year if I'm allowed rolleyes.gif , my wife has a Sun Cruiser from the 1990s which she trains on. We have two boys 7 and 9 which race, they should be competitng in their first National event this year, should be fun. We will probably do the indoor Caen and St Etiene competition too this year. Just seen your from Australia, I used to work in Emerald QLD as a survey on the coal mines there. There's a few jobs going since the flooding, would love to be there again but I don't think its on the cards, perhaps a holiday out there would be good.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bmxlorient56?feature=mhum
http://bmxlorient.yolasite.com/
chromeandpolishedalloy
Hey there Bmxlorient56, ( whats your first name ).

I had a look through your links and photos of the track and racing. Your home track looks great, would love to ride it one day. A little about me, i have just started racing again within the last year. I finished racing 20 years ago, starting racing when i was 13 years old to 19 years old.

I still have my original race bike and a few that i have collected since. My curent race bikes for new school are a 2009 GT Ultrabox, which i only go the other month brand new, still in the box. And i am currently building another "retro" old school bike.

My collection of bikes is large but not as large as sum. My current home track is Cross Keys in Adelaide. I have raced both in adelaide and at all large meets including the Retro Grands in Sydney last year. I am enjoying my racing again and wish i had never stopped.

Michael
bmxlorient56
QUOTE (chromeandpolishedalloy @ May 3 2011, 05:10 AM) *
Hey there Bmxlorient56, ( whats your first name ).

I had a look through your links and photos of the track and racing. Your home track looks great, would love to ride it one day. A little about me, i have just started racing again within the last year. I finished racing 20 years ago, starting racing when i was 13 years old to 19 years old.

I still have my original race bike and a few that i have collected since. My curent race bikes for new school are a 2009 GT Ultrabox, which i only go the other month brand new, still in the box. And i am currently building another "retro" old school bike.

My collection of bikes is large but not as large as sum. My current home track is Cross Keys in Adelaide. I have raced both in adelaide and at all large meets including the Retro Grands in Sydney last year. I am enjoying my racing again and wish i had never stopped.

Michael

Michael how bad of me, its Stephen. I've put this vid up in the Race section, its covers many of the tracks in the Championnat de Bretange, which was 7 races.

BMX Racing French Style
http://www.youtube.com/user/bmxlorient56?feature=mhee

Our club had a good result this year moving from 11th place last year to 6th this year out of 15 clubs. Laticia Le Corgie's brother Emeric retired last week, at the last event, he was not a happy chap, still in the top Elite group, but not young enough to be a serious contender for an Olympic place. Laticia, not sure if she will be back after her serious accident at Frejus, but her twin sister Audrey ranked 30 might just peak at the right time. The Saint Brieuc Le Corgies are a bit of a BMX dynasty up in north of Brittany. Emeric is actually a trainer at the BMX school there, one of three bmx schools in France.

Can it ever be too late to start BMX, I'm looking at racing in 2012 aged 47.

Stephen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.