Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Somewhere near Grand Rapids Michigan mid 80's
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > The Tracks We Raced
bloud
These are my only 2, yes two, surviving BMX pictures. I raced at a track somewhere near Grand Rapids, Michigan, probably 1983 to 1986. Perhaps some of you will recognize the track or people in the pic.

Racer
Im not from the area, but I did teach some clinics in MI. That track sure looks like the track I taught at in Wyoming Michigan. I was there in 97 but I know the track was opened back in the early 80s. I think it may still be racing in fact.
Tried to find it on Google Maps with no luck. I was only there once but I think it was on the west side of town for some reason.

One of the other MI tracks I taught at in 97 was Richfield. (the 3rd one was Waterford Oaks) That track I think was there since the 70's! I had no idea that it had such a long history when I visited it. I was able to find it on google cause I know we camped out and fished acrioss the street the night before the clinic. Then the TO hooked us up with a place to crash.
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox...mp;t=h&z=18
TuRBo Todd Britton
The guy in the Husqvarna jersey is Jim Hendler, dad of former 16X world champion/Factory Schwinn rider Jamson Hendler. Was there a river running right next to the track? Was it also near a baseball park?
bloud
QUOTE (TuRBo Todd Britton @ Jan 13 2011, 07:44 AM) *
The guy in the Husqvarna jersey is Jim Hendler, dad of former 16X world champion/Factory Schwinn rider Jamson Hendler. Was there a river running right next to the track? Was it also near a baseball park?

Wow, you named someone! I don't remember if there was a river or Baseball park.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.