VintageBMX.com > BMX Events & Gatherings > Member Gatherings
Pages: 1, 2
bmx-dad
10th. Annual Midwest Oldschool Show & Swap
Sponsored by Freedom BMX.

Saturday February 12 th. 2011
8:00am - 5:00 pm

Guest Speaker Mike Carruth.

I have an application in for a hall that is four times bigger than last years with a sweet room for the banquette , info soon .
We had around 250 bikes walk thru the door last year, Since it gets bigger every year I want a place big enough to make sure everyone has room.

Same as years before Banquette t-shirt ticket deal info coming soon.
Bike classes and trophys etc..

This is the 10th year and I would like to have something big planned , LOOKING for ideas...
Looking for help planning and running the show .
Vendors contact me to set up a spot.
NEED DONATIONS FOR RAFFLE TABLE ! ! !

Talk it up......................

BIRD6961
wow, that time of year again. keep us posted ed
and im contacting you now for a vendor spot also, and im sure ill have a few things for the raffle table
getset
This is going to be in Lowell, IN? I might be able to make it. Sounds like fun, not much going on otherwise in the Midwest in February. I actually got a package last week with a Freedom BMX pamplet. Can't remember exactly what it came with or who sent it to me.
seracingman
Is there going to be a scooter class . I'm thinking a trick star scooter?
Keep_It_Warm
I will be there Ed....this will make #7 for me I believe.
Moosegoose Nick
QUOTE (seracingman @ Nov 5 2010, 09:23 PM) *
Is there going to be a scooter class . I'm thinking a trick star scooter?

Uh oh Tim...I have a 70's themed full suspension scooter with a banana seat in the works... tongue.gif
Average Joe
I'm already trying to get off work so I can make it for the fourth consecutive year.

I'm thinking of building a Stu Redline Replica with some double pinch flights; it'll be awesome tongue.gif
bmx-dad
The hall is secured We are right across the street from the chicagoland speedway.

Weitendorf Agricultural Education Center
17840 Laraway Road
Joliet, IL 60433

Weitendorf Website
MORE INFO TO COME
Keep_It_Warm
dirt floor?
PEP
Hell, Joilet????

I gotta get off my arse and get down for this one. maybe +1 with the grom.

cool Ed.
teabeats
Another BMX reason to visit good'ol Joilet. biggrin.gif I have my RSVP in on Facebook. and it will be good to finally meet you in person Ed. I have already started saving my pennies.
Capt. Nemo
Do we NEED to RSVP, Ed?

It's usually a pretty last minute descision for me.
bmx-dad
No res. required to show.

If you plan on selling or vending please contact me for a reserved spot and tables.

lol... No dirt floors ... lol.. tom whos tellin you this.......

17,000 sq feet of concrete with an awesome state of the art confrense room for mike.

I am looking for a bmx show, someone who has ramps they can bring in and do the show MUST HAVE INSURECE. spread the word and let me know.

Jay is working on the tshirt art , I am also taking orders for the old style MM tshirts they will be ready for pick up at the show.

Food and package info will be posted soon.

TOMMY2WHEEL
Sounds like all kinds of good. Every year I try to make it but something comes up mat the last moment. Hopefully this year will be different.
GT350
Ed
I get back from Florida Friday night 8:30. Will try like crazy to make it this year. Glad to see the growth and having Mike sounds great. Best of Luck in everything. Hopefully see you in Feb.
Don
Keep_It_Warm
Yes, please! More people from Michigan!
PEP
any details on costs or tix yet ed? Want to get this one on the calendar with the Grom.
Keep_It_Warm
Is this the drop dead, "not gonna change" date and location?

Please confirm Ed
bmx-dad
calender

Not going to change the date drop dead set...

Looking for some help with a trophys sponsor?

Ideas ? Raffle donations....

More info soon.

nvmyslowride
QUOTE (bmx-dad @ Dec 9 2010, 11:12 PM) *
calender

Not going to change the date drop dead set...

Looking for some help with a trophys sponsor?

Ideas ? Raffle donations....

More info soon.

HOPING TO HAVE A THROPHY BUILT FOR THIS SHOW FOR YOU ED!
PEP
will we hit 300 bikes this year?
bmx-dad
I bet we will ! ! !

This is an indoor facility and heated , theres photos of the inside and banquette hall on the freedom bmx face book page.
brianbmxer
I'll be there from Wisconsin with my 83 Quad and 80 Moosegoose. Nick if you have any MooseGoose goodies to swap let me know. I had a great time last year.
Keep_It_Warm
Payment sent, Ed. Looking forward to it!
bmx-dad
QUOTE (nvmyslowride @ Dec 10 2010, 11:39 PM) *
HOPING TO HAVE A THROPHY BUILT FOR THIS SHOW FOR YOU ED!

Nick if i can count on the trophy we will make it the best of show award !

Tom cant wait to see you, spread the word bring the whole michigan group !
BIRD6961
all paid up ed. hows the turn out lookin so far?
bmx-dad
Big turn out ! this is going to be huge !

PORK CHOP BMX Is sending out some goodys !!!!
bmx-dad
10th. Annual Midwest Oldschool Show & Swap
Sponsored by Freedom BMX.

Weitendorf Agricultural Education Center
17840 Laraway Road
Joliet, IL 60433

Saturday February 12 th. 2011
8:00am - 5:00 pm

Directions :Weitendorf Agricultural Education Center

Guest Speaker Mike Carruth.

$35.00 Pre-Registration Includes :

1 Banquet Food Ticket

1 Show T-shirt

10 Raffle tickets.

T-shirts are pre-register only,No T-shirts sold at the show.

T-shirt only pay-pal $20.00.

Banquet Tickets the day of show is $20.00.

PAY-PAL : arn02@msn.com please include T-shirt Size.

www.Freedombmx.net
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Schedule of events:

8:00-10:00 set up.

10:00-2:00 Voting.

2:00 Show Ends Voting Ballots turned in.

2:30 Raffles are done.

3:00 Banquet Starts

3:30 Guest speaker , Food seved, Awards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes for show are as follows:

1970's 20 inch 1st and 2nd place.

1980-82 20 inch 1st and 2nd place.

1983-85 20 inch 1st and 2nd place.

1986-90 20 inch 1st and 2nd place.

1991 and up 20 inch 1st and 2nd place.

Retro 1st and 2nd place.

Cruisers all years 1st and 2nd place.

Freestyle all years 1st and 2nd place.

Best Of Show

Spectator entry is Free, Showing your bike is Free, Parking is Free ! !

We had around 250 bikes walk thru the door last year and it gets bigger every year ,So please pre register.

Some vendors so far will be: JAD , Midwest Donation program , George Monty , Bike One.

Donations so far : Bullseye bmx, Se bikes,Pork Chop Bmx, Uni seats, Rock star Energy Drink.
More info on donations and vedors will be posted.

Vendors contact me to set up a spot.
NEED DONATIONS FOR RAFFLE TABLE ! ! !
contact Ed 219-381-5135.

vettefan
sending seperate $35 dollar payments now for packages for me and jason (picklemic) from rockford. looking forward to another great pre-spring show !
bmx-dad
Craig I got it Thanks for the support !

Just heard from Todd Lyons and he has some goodys he is sending out ! Anyone care to take a guess ?

I also have a complete GT fueler donated by a private collector going to the raffle table !

Midwest Donation Program is making some one the coolest best of show award ! More to come !

Gork from REDLINE and Old guys who ride on Plus Size Bmx .com is sending out some donations ! ! !

nvmyslowride
Thanks ED,

So Yes Myself and Image Motorsportz, Inc. Collisions & Customs of Davenport IA are building a super sick BEST OF SHOW THROPHY that will stand ummm around 4ft tall and be a 1 of a kind for sure and is so bmx related...Custom built, custom painted. and so worth you just coming to the show...

Also in the Mix i am also teaming up with STANDARD BYKE CO to build throphy #2. This will also be a hand built one of a kind for PEOPLES CHOICE? Both throphys will be top notch, built from BMX PARTS and be something everyone wants for there collection...

I also have some extra's up my sleeves for these for the added touch, so ill keep you updated...

Below is a link to one of my famed throphys, hopefully these meet or beat the coolness of it!!! WE WILL SEE.....

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1574...id=375513393900
bmx-dad
T shirt orderers need to be in soon !

If you want one please let me know !

arn02@msn.com
PaulHahn
I'll be there. I know you are looking for a ramp show but I know the Joliet riders and I would be happy to put on the flatland demo.
bmx-dad
Paul ,It would be great to have you guys do a show .
I know i say this every year , and i will say it again there should be pleanty of room for you guys inside .
This is the biggest hall yet !
I couldnt come up with a sponsor to cover the ramp show and its way out of our budget.
Let me know if you guys need anything.
CANT WAIT !
bmx-dad
Goin in the raffle !
Framed Signed poster of Mike Day the olympic winner Donated by Redbull.

Im looking for a NEW or close to new White mag front or rear to help finish off one of the trophys.
Todzilla
Ed, payment sent...Looking forward to this get together.
nvmyslowride
Here guys, Here is a sneak peek of one of the throphys that will be given out durning the show..

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2741...id=375513393900
bmx-dad
Some photos of the first and second place trophys in all 9 classes.

Also Some
Sneak peak photos of the 26 inch Tri bar Landrace Donated by Porkchop BMX !

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=111824365552891
bmx-dad
We are at the 5 day count down before turning in the T-shirt order .

If you have already pre-paid, Thank you for your support this year!

If you do not want the package deal and just want a shirt - email me and I will send you an invoice.

If you do not have paypal or want to pay at the show, no problem. Just send me an email to get your shirt ordered.

I am also going to have the old design Midwest Millita t-shirts on sale, first come first serve .
There will also be a new logo Freedom Bmx track t-shirt for sale.

Since the last e-mail we have had a big response in donations for the raffle table.

Redbull sent a autographed poster of Olympic winner Mike Day.
Rock star Has sent us a few cases of drinks.
Redline is sending out some goodies.
SE is sending us the new Oakley grips and goods.
Porkchop Is sending out one of his Tri bar Landrace Frame and forks.
Plus size bmx is sending some goods.
A few private collectors have contacted me with parts, one is donating a complete GT to give away .
Willinois Bmx will have some parts on the table.
Bullseye allways sends us some Good stuff.
UNI seats are sending some of there new designed seats with custom decals.
Steven Beven is donating a few NOS goodys !
Fancy Diamonds has a fe old stock items on the table !
A complete GT was donated by a One of the Millita members !
I know im missing a few, I am sorry. I will have up dates on our website & Vintage bmx .
If there is any more interest in sponsorship please let me know.

Some vendors so far will be: JAD, Midwest Donation program, George Monty and Bike One.
I have requests from 9 others who will have tables reserved for their swap meet sales.
If any one needs a table or would like to set up a vendor spot please let me know.

Also added to the schedule of events, Paul Hahn and the Chicago Flat Land guys will be out doing a show for us around 1:00.
This year there is enough room for thenm to do it indoors.
The trophys are in 1st and 2nd place in all 9 classes. Photos are on Freedom bmx Facebook page.
Nick Ziegler is in charge of the Best Of Show trophy and it sounds killer. There is also photos on the Midwest Donation Programs Facebook page.
Nick is also working on a trophy to be handed down to the guest speakers of each years show.

www.Freedombmx.net
Keep_It_Warm
looking forward to it. every year I pray for no snow squalls/blizzard conditions as I drive around the bottom of lake michigan...
nvmyslowride
HERE IS A SNEAK PEEK OF THE BEST OF SHOW THROPHY. PLEASE POST YOUR THOUGHTS...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 … 5513393900
bmx-dad
Last day to pre-order Tshirts is monday.

NO Tshirts for sale at the show, with the exception of the Midwest Milita design that will be first come first serve.

Sports Plus Bicycle shop will have over 30 new and used SE bikes 2011's, retros , race and old stock.

Please e-mail or call me if you want to pre ordered a shirt.

www.freedombmx.net
Capt. Nemo
Hey Ed,

I'm gonna do my best to get there.

My mother has been ill since Thanksgiving and is recovering very slowly, so it's still up in the air if I can attend.

That's why I haven't submitted a pre-order.

It might be a last minute descision, but, if you could, please hold that table for me.

Thanks.

Keep_It_Warm
LAST YEAR
nvmyslowride
I got a bunch of killer autographs for the throphys!!! there going to be sick!!!! worth going just for the throphys!

HERE IS A SNEAK PEEK OF ONE UNFINISHED!

nvmyslowride
throphy #2 early stage

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pho … 5513393900
bmx-dad
7 days and counting !

We got a set of make your own VANS certificate on the Donation table

AND

Product from WILLINOIS BMX retro goodys !
nvmyslowride
THROPHY #2 TRAVELING THROPHY. BUILT BY STANDARD BYKE COMPANY "THANKS RICK" DESIGNED BY ME. REAR HALF OF A DIAMONDBACK. I PAINTED IT A ANODIZED MET RED, IT LOOKS BETTER IN PERSON. HAS SOME PRETTY COOL AUTOGRAPHS. SHOULD HAVE A TUFF MAG AND TIRE INSTALLED HERE SOON

bmx-dad
Willinois is doating some retro goodys ! and i have a photo album started of some of the donations.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2649...id=500712943796
picklemic
We are getting close. I just about got my red, white, and blue 88 Robi all done for the show. It looks like the deep freeze will be over and no blizzard biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.