Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: local trail rider killed
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > Dirt, Vert, Park, Street & Flatland BMX
bmxmom
i didn't know this kid but i know some of the people he rides with. my heart stops just hearing this kind of stuff knowing it could be my boy. my heart goes out to his family and friends

http://www.katu.com/news/local/105214934.html
Bill Hayden
Sad to hear, kid had skills RIP
mattybmx
wow. as a fellow nw trail rider/builder, this is very, very sad news. my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and crew.
BS
Oh my goodness, this sucks. Maybe we're actually lucky that things like this don't happen more often but still a tragic loss of a young life.

My heart goes out to his friends and family.
bmxmom
they are saying he over shot and landed wrong. it is interesting to see how albany is dealing with this. i kind of thought there would be an outcry from people who don't know bmx to shut the trails down right away. the parks director was just on the news saying that ordinances were violated when the trails were built but he also said that it is a good healthy activity for kids and they want to find a way to keep it open but they don't know what is going to happen yet. it's area 51 btw.

you know bs i loved watching my son ride trails. i worried a lot at first when he would leave to go ride but he said that knowing i worried messed with his head and might make him make a mistake. i can see that. so we made an agreement that he would not ride alone and that when i said have fun instead of be careful, i meant to have fun but also to ride smart. i actually did get to where i didn't worry the whole time he was gone. now i worry every time he heads out on the boat. guess that is just part of having a son.
BS
QUOTE (bmxmom @ Oct 19 2010, 05:37 PM) *
shut the trails down right away.

That's the first thing I thought when I saw this. I figured they'd be gone overnight. It's cool that they actually made that statement.

QUOTE (bmxmom @ Oct 19 2010, 05:37 PM) *
i worried a lot at first

I guess that's natural. It probably is part of being a mom. Maybe that's how my wife felt the first time she saw me ride. I guess now she's seen it for so long it's not that big of a deal anymore.
Lonewolf
QUOTE (bmxmom @ Oct 19 2010, 07:37 PM) *
when i said have fun instead of be careful, i meant to have fun but also to ride smart.

This is motorcycle lingo.

When you tell a motorcyclist to be careful, it's considered a curse. So if a motorcyclist hears someone tell them this, they know that person doesn't ride motorcycles.

I find it interesting you guys came up with the same juju rule.

I would like to express my sincere apologies and condolences to the family. This kid was extremely gifted and it's a horrible loss.
C Panzera
Prayers go out to his family...
jumpinjim
I try to pray for families and friends who lose loved ones everyday. Its a terrible feeling and he will be greatly missed. RIP Ride in Peace Bro!
Glen
sad news
godspeed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.