Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 12 year old ready for a 20 inch park bike
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > Dirt, Vert, Park, Street & Flatland BMX
Smorrow
We are ready to move up from the 18" hoffman.
I want to build something a little lighter than just going out an buying a $300-$400 bike.

Currently have a 20" DK Six Pack that I can use the chrome-moly frame and additional parts.
or could go with something new.

would swap the 48 spoke wheels out for some 36 spoke wheels, lighter tires, lighter seat.
Any suggestions for a fork? for cranks?

He is a racer, so we have light parts laying around. will they hold up for park use?

he weighs 97 pounds if that makes a difference.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated
thanks,
Scott
dperalta
QUOTE (Smorrow @ Oct 17 2010, 10:40 PM) *
We are ready to move up from the 18" hoffman.
I want to build something a little lighter than just going out an buying a $300-$400 bike.

Currently have a 20" DK Six Pack that I can use the chrome-moly frame and additional parts.
or could go with something new.

would swap the 48 spoke wheels out for some 36 spoke wheels, lighter tires, lighter seat.
Any suggestions for a fork? for cranks?

He is a racer, so we have light parts laying around. will they hold up for park use?

he weighs 97 pounds if that makes a difference.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated
thanks,
Scott

My neighbors kid will turn 12 next month and we just built him a 20". He was on an 18" FIT.
He started looking a little cramped on it but isn't quite big enough to fit my 20.5"TT S&M. We started by building a custom frame with a 19.5" TT and 13" CS. Used 36 hole Sun Envy's laced to Profile hubs with Ti spokes. The bike is 19lbs and fits him perfectly. What a difference it has made in his riding in just the last 2 weeks.

David
Glen
Find a flatland frame with shorter top tube.
My daughter is 8 and riding a Flybikes Micromachine.
Found it on Craigslist.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.