Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: chicago bike ride
VintageBMX.com > BMX Events & Gatherings > Member Gatherings
oldbmxdad
I herd on september 25 at 11am. . They are meeting at buckingham fountain downtown chicago for a little ride along the lake . I got this info from another bmx site and I am passing it along to all . It is supposto be a nice day out on saturday so if you have nothing going on stop by . Hope to see some of you their .
Capt. Nemo
From what I understand, this ride will not be a lakefront cruise , but a downtown blitz.

Not for the faint of heart.

Past rides were along the lakefront, but this one seems to be a ride thru downtown dodging cars and pedestrians.

Still fun, but not for everyone.

I would go, the the track beckons. smile.gif
oldbmxdad
QUOTE (Capt. Nemo @ Sep 23 2010, 07:34 AM) *
From what I understand, this ride will not be a lakefront cruise , but a downtown blitz.

Not for the faint of heart.

Past rides were along the lakefront, but this one seems to be a ride thru downtown dodging cars and pedestrians.

Still fun, but not for everyone.

I would go, the the track beckons. smile.gif

Saturdays bike ride was great nice weather great group of people good scenery . A definate must to do it again.
BIRD6961
was it lake front or was it city cruisin?
oldbmxdad
QUOTE (BIRD6961 @ Sep 29 2010, 05:57 PM) *
was it lake front or was it city cruisin?

a little bit of both .down town seen the big landmarks then lake shore thinking about hitting navy pier next time and more lake shore...
BIRD6961
i heard there was going to be another downtown ride in late oct/ early november. can anyone confirm this?
Moosegoose Nick
Check on the museum, that's where a good majority of the guys that do the ride post and hang out on.
Capt. Nemo
QUOTE (BIRD6961 @ Oct 23 2010, 06:18 PM) *
i heard there was going to be another downtown ride in late oct/ early november. can anyone confirm this?

Sunday Nov 14th, meeting at Buckingham Fountain at noon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.