Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick hits
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > Dirt, Vert, Park, Street & Flatland BMX
BUB
Rode this bowl for 15 minutes on my lunch break today. It's got a funny transition that doesn't really flow together - too tight in the back, and too mellow in the front. Aired a few spots and 180'ed out of the roll in. Forgot the footplant line I told myself I was gonna try.

So, it kind of sucks. It's never as fun as I think it's gonna be. It's not big enough to ride like a real bowl, but too big to be a curb spot, like this stupidly fun thing to ride on the right. The pond next to it is full of stagnant water and smells like a dead animal. But it's there, and it was a warm sunny day. A few minutes of BMX is better than none. I still get out for a good long session now and again, but I find that anymore, I need to get my riding in small doses.

Post up some of your quick hits.
BS
There's a little dirt-jump park in the town where I work. It has an 8 pack that doesn't really flow that well but I'll go hit it up when I want to jump and don't want to pedal too much. Don't have any pics right now. I'll work on that.
yammadog
I'm lucky to be the one that builds the bmx jumps in our town in space dedicated by the city. Although this is the second time I had to build it since the first set got turned in to soccer fields, I'm pretty sure this will stay. I keep a race line to practice on and it also gives the ability to let little kids and developing riders have a go at it. Then several lines of jumps that are growing as the city brings us more dirt to work with...I spent all summer going around the puget sound to all the trails I could find to get ideas for this winters building.

yammadog
I'll be taking pictures of all the spots I've found this summer..who else has city or gov't sactioned ride areas...we don't have many, mostly bootleg....
jumpinjim
We have a city owned Park, no dirt. A couple spots are private Dirt have not hit yet. Thanks for the posts guy's.
woodybmx86
now that's a pretty cool set up... I can see a city going for it... its not huge piles of dust/dirt sitting around...
yammadog
QUOTE (woodybmx86 @ Sep 1 2010, 10:20 PM) *
now that's a pretty cool set up... I can see a city going for it... its not huge piles of dust/dirt sitting around...

Yeah, that's the goal is keep it park like so we get plenty of support for whatever we want to do/need. I got to say that bmxers are some of the worst when we it comes to litter/trash. the can is only 40ft from the hang/rest spot and they leave their cans and bottles just sitting...I want to hang a sign that says, litter and die, which is what will happen to the jumps if we don't keep it clean..and most of the trails we hit this summer had too much trash...
BUB
QUOTE (yammadog @ Aug 31 2010, 11:14 PM) *
I'm lucky to be the one that builds the bmx jumps in our town in space dedicated by the city. Although this is the second time I had to build it since the first set got turned in to soccer fields, I'm pretty sure this will stay. I keep a race line to practice on and it also gives the ability to let little kids and developing riders have a go at it. Then several lines of jumps that are growing as the city brings us more dirt to work with...I spent all summer going around the puget sound to all the trails I could find to get ideas for this winters building.

That place looks so fun. There's a pump track not far from here, but it's more mountain bike-y. There's a new one that looks more fun, but it's way north of here.

I never did post up my basement ramp setup. Truth be told, they're more fun to skate than ride. I might do some improvements as the weather gets cooler.
yammadog
Remember when the quick hits would last for hours and we didn't need some place to do it? We just have to find a way to get back to that age to enjoy a couple pieces of wood...my 8yo on his 1980/81 gt mini...and his 10yo brother in the back ground on his 93 gt mini...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.