QUOTE (DHennet @ Aug 4 2010, 11:35 AM) *
Ethan's in for 8X.

Planing on it, 36-40cr and maybe the 20" too
tsmith9233
41+ Inter, maybe open too.....
Candy
14G/cruiser
16X/cruiser
Can't wait!! Track is awesome! We have a nice 8X class too, so your 8X will make a nice addition.
BmXchicofNY
we shouldbe in if we skip the nbl national..12 girls and 11-13 girls cruiser.
GeorgeC
Lots of Rennen/Intense riders will be there cant wait to go it'll be my first time at Rob Vargos track

G
brokebmxer
I will be in for 41 very novice kids 13I Say hello I will most likely be the first person you see on the way in. If anyone is on the fence for this race you will not be disappointed Cedar is a great facility and I am very proud to be a part of it

Tom
ScottBrt
Burrights are in

Scott 36-40 ex and cruiser
Zach 14 Inter

Stoked on this race. I used to race there all the time in the 80s growing up in Binghamton NY

TeamSparkyrad
We were all in until my son won preseason tickets to the Steelers vs Lions game. Hotel room included. Sad to miss the race but couldn't pass it up.
tommydone
QUOTE (TeamSparkyrad @ Aug 4 2010, 07:53 PM) *
We were all in until my son won preseason tickets to the Steelers vs Lions game. Hotel room included. Sad to miss the race but couldn't pass it up.

I LOVE football and if it was the playoffs I might be right with you but th epreseason is the biggest waste of time going.....got to the race
TeamSparkyrad
kind of hard to tell a 9 year old rabid Steelers fan who has never been to a game. We are going to the grands so all is well
bmxchauffer
My 19-27 Expert will be there. I've been a die hard Steelers fan since the age of 4 and I still have my Franco Harris jersey from when I was 10 so I'll take your son's place at the game and he can race the Quaker State National. haha
Candy
Come on now, you know you wouldn't miss this race for a football game Lu! Especially since you might actually get to watch the racing this time!
coletrain
Spencer Cole is in...8 Expert Ohio... I love the Office show, and I heard Scranton has a few gift shops...Can't wait!
Candy
Coletrain, they actually do Office tours, but unfortunately they're at noon on Saturday. There is a nice "Office" gift shop in the SteamTown Mall though.
bmxchauffer
It will be nice to watch a race for a change instead of scoring, but a Steelers game.....I don't know that's a tough call, I just washed my Polamalu jersey, my terrible towel is patiently waiting to be swung through the air......although the 60" flat panel is almost like being there. Yeah, guess you're right Candy, I would still rather watch Jake race. lol
coletrain
QUOTE (Candy @ Aug 5 2010, 12:13 PM) *
Coletrain, they actually do Office tours, but unfortunately they're at noon on Saturday. There is a nice "Office" gift shop in the SteamTown Mall though.

That sucks...Thanks for the info.
bmxchauffer
QUOTE (coletrain @ Aug 5 2010, 02:42 PM) *
That sucks...Thanks for the info.

That's okay coletrain, you'll just have to come to our State Final or one of our regular Saturday races.
TeamSparkyrad
It honestly was a tough choice for Turner. He loves racing at Cedar. Rob, Candy and Luanne have always been good to him. Rob and his family really stepped in to help me out last year. We will be there for the State Finals. Turner is curently #2 and only one point behind. We will also be there for the double points race in October. This is a top notch group and an awesome track!

But we have media passes, a comped hotel and awesome seats. I know it is only preseason, but Turned is thrilled. He went to a Steelers youth football camp and had the fastest time in the 40. That is how he won them. Got to meet a ton of players.

Sorry....got off the thread discussion.....
bmxchauffer
QUOTE (TeamSparkyrad @ Aug 5 2010, 03:45 PM) *
It honestly was a tough choice for Turner. He loves racing at Cedar. Rob, Candy and Luanne have always been good to him. Rob and his family really stepped in to help me out last year. We will be there for the State Finals. Turner is curently #2 and only one point behind. We will also be there for the double points race in October. This is a top notch group and an awesome track!

But we have media passes, a comped hotel and awesome seats. I know it is only preseason, but Turned is thrilled. He went to a Steelers youth football camp and had the fastest time in the 40. That is how he won them. Got to meet a ton of players.

Sorry....got off the thread discussion.....

No problem, we love Turner, I'm just jealous. If he gets to meet Troy Polamalu could he try to get me his autograph? Have a great time..........we will miss you guys!!

Luanne
TeamSparkyrad
Sure will Luanne.
bmxchauffer
Don't forget to check Cedar's forum after the National.........I'm going to try and post a race report to let everyone know how our locals and other riders that frequent Cedar did.
Proctor
How far is it from Erie ?

What would be the closest Airport to this National?

Proctor
tsmith9233
Probably 3 hours from Erie. Wilkes-Barre Scranton International Airport is pretty close..
Proctor
OK Cool.

Thats how long it was from Erie to Horsehead last year, so about the same.

Thanks
tsmith9233
Crap, it's longer than that then. Clarks Summit probably 1.25 hours from Horseheads....sorry
coletrain
QUOTE (bmxchauffer @ Aug 5 2010, 02:06 PM) *
That's okay coletrain, you'll just have to come to our State Final or one of our regular Saturday races.

We might have to work that out....I heard it is a awesome track.
Candy
Wilkes Barre-Scranton airport is only about 20 minutes away from the track, but Philadelphia airport is usually much cheaper, but that's about 2 hours away.
bmxchauffer
When I mapped out the trip from Clarks Summit to Erie, because we are going to try to get out there for the State Qualifier, it came out to a 5 1/2 hour drive - which isn't bad if you are staying overnight. Hoping to get to Lake Shore for the Qualifier - it all depends on my son's work schedule since he just got a second job! While I'm here..............how about the Yer Just Jealous team and the Hyper Force Team are you guys coming down for the National?
deluxx bmx
Deluxx will be there...of course......
Candy
Also, Albany, NY. airport is about 2 hours or so away, and that might be cheaper.
bmxchauffer
Awesome John, are the Wary's coming? How is Cale? I know Larry is still rehabbing but I figured they would still come up.

Thanks, Luanne
deluxx bmx
QUOTE (bmxchauffer @ Aug 7 2010, 03:41 AM) *
Awesome John, are the Wary's coming? How is Cale? I know Larry is still rehabbing but I figured they would still come up.

Thanks, Luanne

Larry and Ryan will be there...maybe Cale too...no racing for Cale for a while....Larrys still broke.....should see them tonite.....
obsessive
I'm in for mic duties for the ABA. Bringing a couple of the Young Guns with me. Junior is still out with a broken collar bone from Mass so he's sitting this one out.

Should be fun.
Mr Rosh
im in 19-27 both days. cant wait to come back to cedar. rob and candy run a quality program. wish they still had the pink EXCITE ME sign coming out of the first turn....circa '88! i know burright remembers that
bmxchauffer
I'm really excited that there will be 19-27 Experts from outside of PA coming to Cedar. My son is looking forward to the challenge of racing riders that he's never raced before. We don't usually do Nationals (single mom paycheck), this will be his 3rd. He went to Grands 2 or 3 years ago with the Teels, he didn't qualify but he had a great time!
Proctor
Was sending jr there till he took a spill in Tucson.
My family is pissed now he is not making the trip to Pennsylvania.
What to do, what to do????? wink.gif
His head is more important than this silly sport.

Proctor
brokebmxer
Last night Cedar looked like we were having a national Opps I forgot Cedar is always in national condition
Bill Hayden
QUOTE (Mr Rosh @ Aug 7 2010, 10:16 AM) *
im in 19-27 both days. cant wait to come back to cedar. rob and candy run a quality program. wish they still had the pink EXCITE ME sign coming out of the first turn....circa '88! i know burright remembers that

Man, I have pics of that sign somewhere. Track look great last nite Broke. Rob, Candy, Mark, Luanne, Dan, and the rest of the crew, you too Tom, have made that place more awesome than it had ever been. Thanks All

The Handlebar and Grill will be rocking this weekend up the track for sure
brokebmxer
QUOTE (Bill Hayden @ Aug 8 2010, 09:59 AM) *
Man, I have pics of that sign somewhere. Track look great last nite Broke. Rob, Candy, Mark, Luanne, Dan, and the rest of the crew, you too Tom, have made that place more awesome than it had ever been. Thanks All

The Handlebar and Grill will be rocking this weekend up the track for sure

I cant take any credit for the condition as I have been more a a blister lately
CedarBMX
QUOTE (Mr Rosh @ Aug 7 2010, 10:16 AM) *

It might not be pink, but I think I can hook you up with a sign.

Proctor, I hope your son is feeling better.
DHennet
Bump.
ScottBrt
QUOTE (Mr Rosh @ Aug 7 2010, 09:16 AM) *
wish they still had the pink EXCITE ME sign coming out of the first turn....circa '88! i know burright remembers that

Haha sure do, I used to wear pink AXO gear then too lol

Scott Burright
logcam21
Looks like a fun track, will be there.
brokebmxer
ABA rig rolled in today People at practice night from as far as Texas it is going to be a good weekend
bmxchauffer
Four fun-filled, fantastic, fast and furious days of racing action, starting tonight with our regular single point Thursday race and the rest of the weekend is National races. This is going to be great! Can't wait to see all our friends. I'm rootin' for ya'all!!!
Bill Hayden
QUOTE (bmxchauffer @ Aug 12 2010, 09:28 AM) *
Four fun-filled, fantastic, fast and furious days of racing action, starting tonight with our regular single point Thursday race and the rest of the weekend is National races. This is going to be great! Can't wait to see all our friends. I'm rootin' for ya'all!!!

Luanne, we're gonna do something for Krystals B-Day on Saturday
bmxchauffer
Sounds good to me Bill, just let me know. Oh, let Kathy know I just got word that my beautiful little granddaughter will be there on Saturday, so she will get to meet her.
Bill Hayden
Cool, was up there tonight and got our tents set up.
DHennet
QUOTE (Bill Hayden @ Aug 12 2010, 08:59 PM) *
Cool, was up there tonight and got our tents set up.

We have not been there before. Is there plenty of EZ-Up space? We'll be there around 2:00 tomorrow. Where is a good place to set up the pit?

-Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.