Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mellon Arena.....IGLOO
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > BMX Racing
Roosters
I know this is dreaming....but anyone got some money and/or looking for a NEW INDOOR VENUE.....

Pittsburgh's Mellon Arena has some Groups looking into moving in.......

NBL or ABA..... wouldn't it be nice........

perfect N.E. location for a next Indoor TRACK.....

again I know I'm dreaming but its worth the shot to put it out there!!!!!!!!!!

good3.gif
BRAMER
I was thinking the same thing as I watched the PENS play their last game their.That would be a AWSOME place for racing, and I know their are other places around the burgh to build a indoor facility but who has the founds for that.I'll just keep dreaming to rolleyes.gif
viperpic
The old sams club in west mifflin would be great. Big enough for a track and a rays type indoor park.
toledo
It won't be there (mellon) next winter but it'll be closer for everyone than going to Ray's and hours closer than Dayton.. Both sanctions have expressed interest... can't say anymore for now....
cruzertodd
I though this thread was about the San Antonio state race. laugh.gif
irodetoday
QUOTE (toledo @ Jun 7 2010, 05:25 PM) *
It won't be there (mellon) next winter but it'll be closer for everyone than going to Ray's and hours closer than Dayton.. Both sanctions have expressed interest... can't say anymore for now....

Can't say anymore........better to not just say anything then.
toledo
haha, Mike, I'll fill you in at Akron...
irodetoday
QUOTE (toledo @ Jun 8 2010, 11:46 AM) *
haha, Mike, I'll fill you in at Akron...

c'mon....can't wait till then haha
sjaquay
National next year?
CoachG
I can't get over that I see the Melon as a subject on Vintage!

I thought the Penguins have rights to the development of that land and they are proposing a demo of the building soon?

BTW, I am still not looking forward to seeing a new team raise Lord Stanley...

Anyone know what's going to happen to Gonch? We need a Pronger who can shut down guys and lead the PP...
mwt1722
As a life long pens fan I'll be sad to see the civic arena ( Mellon) go.
SParkOldSchool
the old sams club was just sold for $1.5 million not sure what its gonna be ?? Def. not indoor anything with bikes.........keep drivin to Cleveland Pittsburgher's its not that bad !!!!
irodetoday
QUOTE (SParkOldSchool @ Jun 9 2010, 07:00 PM) *
the old sams club was just sold for $1.5 million not sure what its gonna be ?? Def. not indoor anything with bikes.........keep drivin to Cleveland Pittsburgher's its not that bad !!!!

you mean Dayton. if we're talking about racing that is. and thats twice as far as Cleveland for us. we need an indoor race venue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.