Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boss - L&S Frames
VintageBMX.com > Special Interests > Retro New School
Pages: 1, 2, 3
RodneyR
Didnt check if there is already news of this in "RETRO" But its in the Mid School forum. Brand new frames being welded up again!!! photos in the Mid school forum. I was looking for a 26" cruiser and found out Carlo the founder of Boss had torch in hand again.the Frame is so NICE!! good2.gif cant wait to get started hunting down the Parts to finish it.
BigFlyer
Sounds cool. Any idea what the dimensions are on the 26 inch
RodneyR
the top tube is 23" chainstays are 17 1/2 slammed- 19" maxxed. rider area (from center of BB to center of top of Headtube) is 26 1/2. not sure of the angles HT ST .
mxmug
How much are these selling for?
DarrenC
QUOTE (mxmug @ Jun 9 2010, 05:10 AM) *
How much are these selling for?

400 for a 24 inch frame and fork; 450 for 26 inch frame and fork
mxmug
That's a pretty good deal, are they available in chrome?
DarrenC
They are only available in raw finish.
mxmug
Darren

Can you or Carlo reccomend a local company to chrome plate a frame, fork and bars?

Mx Mug
DarrenC
Carlo is in the Oregon area. I am in the Bay Area. I have had local guys use Superior Chrome in San Jose and West Coast Chrome in Modesto. The chrome plating is likely to run 200-250 in the Bay Area.
cruiser boy
QUOTE (DarrenC @ Jun 12 2010, 05:34 AM) *
They are only available in raw finish.

Any chance of a 26" looptail like the one I owned in the 80's ?It was a Boss or Pro Raider. It was awesome !! It had the Boss gussett behind the bottom bracket. The forks looked just like the Boss ones. The headtube was 5 1/2" and it was a looptail !!!
DarrenC
I hope that he will make looptails. For now, we have a few 24 inch and a few 26 inch cruisers left.
DarrenC

My personal 26 inch cruiser.

My personal 24 inch cruiser - which I have taken to the BMX track

The 20 inch frames that will be available very soon.
cruiser boy
QUOTE (DarrenC @ Jun 30 2010, 08:36 PM) *

My personal 26 inch cruiser.

My personal 24 inch cruiser - which I have taken to the BMX track

The 20 inch frames that will be available very soon.

Those look beautiful !!!!
DarrenC
Here is the small batch I just got from Carlo.

DarrenC
Just brought it out to the Santa Clara BMX track earlier today.

MikeCarruth
Cool to see CL back in the mix. I actually like the raw finish quite a bit (looks proto-ala-moto).

One word of caution on this thread: Please do not post "where to buy" information (email address, phone number, bike shop, web site, etc), as that would run afoul of our Terms of Service (which prohibit offers for sale by non-advertisers), and would require me to either hide the thread or delete the offending post. Since this warning is in advance of the first offer to sell, I consider it fair warning.

That said, I am really glad you posted this.

Best,

M
DarrenC
Thanks for the information Mike.

Here are two items recently made since the last post.

RodneyR
AWESOME!! Is the 3 bar 26"??
DarrenC
Yes. It is a 26 with the extra bar (like the Schwerma Champ or the Panda). I will have a 24 with a smaller diameter extra bar soon.
COASTY
One of our boys down here has got his 20" and it's going to be a killer bike.
Love the cruisers too. You got me thinkin now..
DarrenC

This is a prototype 24. Production ones will have 5/8" diameter extra bar instead of the 7/8" one.
RodneyR
How big is the 3rd bar on the 26 ??
DarrenC
7/8 inch diameter on the third bar of the 26 inch frame.
RodneyR
thanks for the info darren,
DarrenC

Team Rider Bike.
jakobgee
Darren, is the extra bar standard on the 20s? Are those Livermore-era cranks? Thanks for posting!
jipster43
Those bikes are so sweet Darren! You have no idea!

I've been on a month long obsession of Pattersons & Champs. I mean, I've always pined for one of each, but for the past month I have been crazed in my plotting to get an Avalanche retro build done, and I re-stickered my Supercross with Schwerma Champion decals (I think it looks rad even though it's super dorky). Do you think they'd do anything like a retro Avalanche (1 1/8" headtube, canti mounts, 20.5" toptube)? Man. My wife would kill me.

JP smile.gif
RodneyR
@jacobgee i think he has the 20 with and without the 3rd. bar. jipster I'll tell DC about your question....
DarrenC
There are frames without the extra braces. I will be sending him a newschool frame and fork for him to look over. Anyone got a source for cantilever mounts?
jakobgee
Pretty sure you can get canti mounts from a few parts distributors. QBP has them based on this:

http://www.bikeman.com/FS1552.html
DarrenC
Thanks for information. I am going to try my best to get Carlo to update the technology.
COASTY
Heres an Aussie version.
RodneyR
Coasty ,That Looks Great. drinks.gif
COASTY
I should add, the bike belongs to John Kates from downunder. I believe he races it every meeting.
DarrenC
Great to have a L+S Creation complete in Australia. These have a longer front end and slightly shorter rear end than the 80s Boss frames.
RodneyR
world wide!! Very Kool... Great job bringin em back DC. good2.gif
DarrenC
We need to see the Rodney 26 build.... even I got mine powdercoated.
RodneyR
the 26 is Still on the shelf!! Im gettin it together though.... I never could just do one project from start to finish biggrin.gif Im all over the place with 20 things at once! New Years Resolution was to get my focus / procrastination under control, but I put it off. laugh.gif you got pics of your powdered 26 DC.??
DarrenC

26 inch tri-bar cruiser

24 inch freestyler
DarrenC

Here is how they look in white powdercoat.
DarrenC

Decals powder and pads on 20xl tribar
DarrenC

black pads with blue lettering.
RodneyR
lookin good DC!
DarrenC

prototype photo of pit bike
larryS
How's that pit ride? Sticker it up! smile.gif
RodneyR
DC thats KOOL!!! Bring it to the track!!
DarrenC
I should be getting a box from Carlo tomorrow. You going to be at the track Rodney? Can show you the frame before I put it together. The complete one in the photo is Carlo's bike.
DarrenC

RodneyR
yeah buddy!!
EasyCheeseBMX
QUOTE (RodneyR @ Aug 9 2011, 12:53 PM) *
yeah buddy!!

Darren, how can I get a set of Creation pads made for my 20". Man, you might have me on a 26er soon too with that tri-bar. I run the BMX track up in Madison, WI. & would love to ride both on the track. Retro rules! Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.