Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boss - L&S Frames
VintageBMX.com > Special Interests > Retro New School
Pages: 1, 2, 3
DarrenC
RodneyR
LarryS , that looks awesome!! great job!! i bet its a blast to ride and it stops on a dime!! DC the new School stuff is Killer!!! tri bar vbrake 26" next on the list!! cool.gif
cowboy
QUOTE (larryS @ Feb 6 2012, 09:26 PM) *
Not quite done, but here's my 26 with front and rear v-brakes. smile.gif

Very cool! Who did your chrome?
larryS
Thanks for the comments. Chrome was done by Courtesy Metal Polishing in Valla Park Illinois. Their number is 630-832-1862. They are on Addison Road just south of North Avenue.
smile.gif
larryS
QUOTE (RodneyR @ Feb 14 2012, 02:28 AM) *
LarryS , that looks awesome!! great job!! i bet its a blast to ride and it stops on a dime!! DC the new School stuff is Killer!!! tri bar vbrake 26" next on the list!! cool.gif

I replaced the stock Tektro brake pads with some that were designed for Trials Bikes. They are extremely grippy. smile.gif
RodneyR
LarryS , I did notice the Clear pads. I havent tried them yet , but hear they are softer than other brake pads. I hear they have tons of grip but can be kinda Squeal happy if not set up right. either way Great job on it !!
Code4130
QUOTE (larryS @ Feb 14 2012, 12:11 PM) *
Thanks for the comments. Chrome was done by Courtesy Metal Polishing in Valla Park Illinois. Their number is 630-832-1862. They are on Addison Road just south of North Avenue.
smile.gif

They do great work over there with very reasonable prices also. I used to live near there and have used them before
DarrenC
RodneyR
lookin good DC!! Have you taken it to the track??
DarrenC
Hopefully this coming Friday or Sunday. Have you gone to the track lately?
RodneyR
DC , I was there friday. not riding just picking up parts. this friday is the next time I can go.
DarrenC
jipster43
Wow Darren! Those are sweet. Is that a euro bottom bracket on that 20"? Mang!

JP smile.gif
RodneyR
jipster ,yes it is . 1 1/8 headtube and euro BB.
jipster43
Dang. I want one of those!

JP smile.gif
jipster43
Hey Darren,

I was wondering what these buggers are being built with - true temper, reynolds, columbus, etc. & how much the modern 20" frames are weighing. Oh! And what size of seattube is it? Is it going to accept a modern pivotal post?

It's really cool to see these frame & forks being made!

Thanks!

JP smile.gif
DarrenC
Carlo is using 4130 Chromoly like back in the day when he was welding Panda Pro Ams, Pattersons and Oakland Boss. I will need to find a good scale to be able to weigh the frames to the ounce. It takes a 7/8 inch seatpost.
jipster43
Thanks Darren!

JP smile.gif
DarrenC
RodneyR
DC , You guys are doing it man!!
DarrenC

two recently powdered framesets!
DarrenC

RodneyR
Thats soooo Nice DC!!
DarrenC
RodneyR
Gold looks good DC.
DarrenC

larryS
2012 L&S 26" cruiser smile.gif

RodneyR
sooo NICE!! Another homerun larryS.!! drinks.gif
MikeCarruth
Is this new production or an NOS stem?

Lookin good, in either case.

Best,

M

QUOTE (DarrenC @ Aug 29 2012, 11:27 AM) *

DarrenC
It is a new production stem. There have been different sizes in upright and inverted styles for newschool and oldschool styles.
DarrenC
RodneyR
Looks Great D.C., I still think you should hook up with Johnny O.!! Grands are comin up , L&S In The Main/ on the podium at the Grands!!?? cool.gif
ahighto
I apologize for he late chime in. I recently found this site while doing some research on restoring my old school Hutch Hollywood bike. My father owned two bike shops in the San Francisco Bay Area back in the 80's. He sponsored a bunch of rag tag kids from the neighborhood to basically keep them out of trouble. We were known as the "Bad News Bears" of BMX. Bike parts held together with duck tape, paper plates as race plates. Hell, we even had guys that didn't have bikes so they had to swap between motos. My father even joined in on the fun and built a boss cruiser to participate in the Father's Day race. I think he placed 8th out of 8 (skills on the BMX not so great). Needless to say, he had a great time trying and we all thoroughly enjoyed cheering him on. The bike and my father soon retired from the racing scene. The bike was prominently displayed in the shop window along with the trophy (a.k.a. participation award) and remained there until the doors closed back in 1990. Fast forward 30 years and I'm restoring my old hutch and looking for his old Boss cruiser.

Long story short...are the L&S cruiser frames still available and where can I get one. I would like to build a replica of his old Boss and present it to him for his 70th birthday. He asks me every time we talk how the pink Hutch is coming along? I'm sure he'll get a kick out of seeing his old Boss (wink wink). He's old, he won't know. I just wish I could find the "Bad News Bears" from be old R&P / Bikeworld racing days. He would love to see how these guys turned out.
larryS
They are still available. Contact DCBMX1@scbglobal.net.
RodneyR
Larry S. Looking back over your builds, you do great work!! When's the next one??
larryS
QUOTE (RodneyR @ Nov 9 2013, 06:14 PM) *
Larry S. Looking back over your builds, you do great work!! When's the next one??

I don't know if Carlo has built anything new recently. I have to see what he comes up with.

Sad things is a few of the 26" frames are posted on the museum as original 80's Boss frames.
I know this because one of mine is listed that way by the current owner. sad.gif
RodneyR
Larry , I saw Darren C. At bike expo s.f. , I should've asked him! I admit I like the Boss decals better than Creation, but I also have the integrity to tell the truth, if I were to sell.
DarrenC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.