Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L-VILLE TRACK CHANGES?...
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > BMX Racing
longere
So,.............did it happen?

If so, any pictures?

Anyone care to spill the beans....................

Longere
Elvis
They're adding a grape vine?

I don't see that working out so well....
Barney Goodwin
QUOTE (Elvis @ Jun 1 2010, 04:45 PM) *
They're adding a grape vine?

I don't see that working out so well....

And an iron maiden for the last place finishers
shredder450
We went Saturday...3rd straight is BIG and I'm talking the am side...don't know whats in store for the pro side???? Maybe they're switching???? Looked like my son was riding 20 foot waves as he would disappear and then come up...and then disappear and then come up...lol
irodetoday
hhmmm!
MikeCarruth
QUOTE (Barney Goodwin @ Jun 1 2010, 04:18 PM) *
And an iron maiden for the last place finishers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agaHP0eQHmU
headsnap
QUOTE (shredder450 @ Jun 1 2010, 05:58 PM) *
We went Saturday...3rd straight is BIG and I'm talking the am side...don't know whats in store for the pro side???? Maybe they're switching???? Looked like my son was riding 20 foot waves as he would disappear and then come up...and then disappear and then come up...lol

that's about it...

3rd straight needs just a little love and it will be dialed for everyone, not just the dirt jumpers. I was hitting it at speed yesterday and exiting into the last turn with more speed than with the previous build. Dare and Eva love the 3rd straight. We have changed the table in the 2nd straight, adding about 2ft to the top(higher). That's all we are doing for now, we might get some more dirt in a few weeks or so and change up the first straight.

in this pic you can see the new table, and also the big step in the 3rd straight:
protour77
Looks good. We are going to stop and check it out on our way home from Nashville in July and ride. Keep the pics coming!!
headsnap
QUOTE (protour77 @ Jun 1 2010, 08:40 PM) *
Looks good. We are going to stop and check it out on our way home from Nashville in July and ride. Keep the pics coming!!

I'll get a bunch of pics & video at gate practice tomorrow night...
mannequinforce
I guess I need to go up and ride before Grands. Sounds intense!
itajoke
Gate?
headsnap
QUOTE (itajoke @ Jun 2 2010, 09:28 AM) *
Gate?

yeah, we have a gate... why don't you come out tonight and snap a few... biggrin.gif
itajoke
a new gate? Trying to make plans.
DARIN HOUSTON
No they won't have a new gate anyone wanna bet on it !!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
johnnyculbrethdotcom
The Tank said they had some BIG stuff in store for the Pro Side. Can't wait 'til September!
headsnap
QUOTE (johnnyculbrethdotcom @ Jun 2 2010, 11:46 AM) *
The Tank said they had some BIG stuff in store for the Pro Side. Can't wait 'til September!

the Pro Set is gonna' be SAHWEET!!!!

QUOTE (DARIN HOUSTON @ Jun 2 2010, 11:32 AM) *
No they won't have a new gate anyone wanna bet on it !!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

As has been stated many times in the past few weeks, the Gate will be addressed before the Grands. We are currently mulling over all our options.

Keith Bohne'
Derby City BMX

nickdawghaters
Didnt we all sign a contract agreeing to never mention the gate situation there ever again? lol
headsnap
QUOTE (nickdawghaters @ Jun 2 2010, 12:38 PM) *
Didnt we all sign a contract agreeing to never mention the gate situation there ever again? lol

biggrin.gif
tlcrouch355
Any updated photos?
tommy2x4
i forgot my camera for this morning 3rd straight sesh... all i will say is that it's big, not impossible. 13 x to about 35 x will have no problems. that's all i'm saying and will not discuss anymore....
DoranB
13 x to about 35 x will have no problems. that's all i'm saying and will not discuss anymore....

Damn....I just turned 36....Im screwed! laugh.gif

I take it that means that if you can't jump, then the 3rd straight isn't too cool?
crazyalcayne
Looks good!
Chris C.
QUOTE (DoranB @ Jun 2 2010, 03:44 PM) *

I take it that means that if you can't jump, then the 3rd straight isn't too cool?

Heck, I'll be 40 for the Grands this year. LOL

I took it the same way Doran.

Can't wait to check it out though.
protour77
QUOTE (DoranB @ Jun 2 2010, 03:44 PM) *

Woo Hoo!!!! I will still only be 34!!!!!
tommy2x4
look fellas...it's not meant to be a blanket statement. i'm 39 and jump it just fine...it's just a gestimate on my part...sheesh...
headsnap
at 43 I'm not even going to entertain the idea... sarcastic_blum.gif
Chad750
My son is just in the window at 13 and cased it on the first attempt and on the second one bounced the step, and crashed on the double. He will have it at the next practice session for sure though.
winonflats
any one going to do a helmet cam on this?
TomTruxell
1st straight change might be nice since it hasn't changed in so long. At least put some dirt on the back side of the asphalt roller so it flows better. Of course the new pro gate would be awesome!
Chris C.
My favorite tracks give riders option. The video looks cool, other than his crash. Even if a rider can't jump through the straight, how does it look for a manualler?

To me, it looks like a straight that would a blast to session.
90262LeeBMXs
Dang I'm double whammied. Not a EX yet and definitely don't fit into that age bracket. tongue.gif
jcarnes
QUOTE (Chris C. @ Jun 4 2010, 05:12 AM) *
My favorite tracks give riders option. The video looks cool, other than his crash. Even if a rider can't jump through the straight, how does it look for a manualler?

Chris it's alot bigger then last year. I jumped it last year but don't know if i could now.
DJBBMX
Doesn’t everybody got to come out of the same gate? Until you see a new gate there you know what is go ‘a be when you get there.
DoranB
Doesn’t everybody got to come out of the same gate?

Thats all fine and dandy when you are at a local race but when you are hosting the GRANDS, everything about the track and its surroundings are expected to be top calibur. And everything about that track is great....except for the gate.
harper
I went out to the track this past week for a look as I was in town for a bit. Better get your jumping shoes on for the step coming out of turn two! Looks fun! The table out of turn one looks too tall for the speed you may carry with a steep backside, but I'm sure the track folks will tweak and tune it up just right!
TomTruxell
QUOTE (Chris C. @ Jun 4 2010, 04:12 AM) *

What video?
TomTruxell
Anything else get changed or tweaked during the rebuild besides for the 3rd straight? pics? thanks
headsnap
QUOTE (TomTruxell @ Jun 16 2010, 12:02 PM) *
Anything else get changed or tweaked during the rebuild besides for the 3rd straight? pics? thanks

the 2nd straight changed a bit but it is still a work in progress... I'll wait til it's done before I post anything.

As soon as I can get off my lazy butt and plug in the video camera to the computer I will get some vid of the 3rd posted.

We might do something to the 1st but we are going to wait until we get the 2nd and 3rd totally dialed before we do anything there.

winonflats
looking forword to it headsnap
HDC
The thing that is cool about Derby City is the First turn and the ability to pass and gain speed . With the changes now when you come out of the first turn it is like running into a brick wall . They raised the existing table top several feet and it is not as wide . Hopefully they make some changes to improve this situation.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.