Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Florida State Championship
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > BMX Racing
Pages: 1, 2
bmxer029
Went to the all day practice today there was a good turn out and the track is in good shape. Next weekend should offer up some good racing, fast straights and tight corners.
Bob
tlcrouch355
Let's get it on! 5 days and counting.
winonflats
it was a great turn out. we are having a open practice today from 11 to 4 today as well. so come on out and get some ride time .
reed
Pics?
reed
I went to the website and there are a lot of recent pics but they are all of a double out of a turn. 1 shot of a triple and, another of some kids sitting on the gate.

I am sure the track is great but lets see a pic of it.
RedStarRacing
This is the one we have been waiting for.
winonflats
the race is going to be live on Go211.com
LACK
QUOTE (winonflats @ May 10 2010, 12:44 PM) *

Cool have fun! Ill watch it on go211..cant believe I cant get there to help..tried to sneak down but it aint happenin.jlack
tapout
QUOTE (winonflats @ May 10 2010, 02:44 PM) *

I talk to rich he said no cause ssa did not have the money
winonflats
no way! how we went out and had to up grade our servises so that they could have the live feed
DARIN HOUSTON
The ssa is pretty sorry glad i don't have to race anymore of there races after the championship. !!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
reed
I only did one race this state season. Can I still race at this race? I am not in any position for the $$$$$ or plate I would just like to ride this weekend.

Didn't Ranall Neave race the Champ last year after not racing at any of the qualifiers?

I cant imagine the SSA would turn down Money.
winonflats
pro's can race with out all of there races in but you need 8 races if your an AM
murrdog
People from the Cape Coral BMX track are trying to find sponsors to help pay Rich at go211. There may still be a chance for the championship race to be broadcasted live this Saturday.

It would have been nice if the SSA had at least planned for the championship race to be broadcasted live.
bmxer029
Can we make donation to fund the go211 broadcast?
Bob
wowsy
QUOTE (bmxer029 @ May 11 2010, 06:26 AM) *
Can we make donation to fund the go211 broadcast?
Bob

I believe CC BMX is looking into setting up a paypal account.
reed
There are some pics on the Cape Coral BMX facebook site.

The track looks good. Looks like they have a Pro Gate too. Whatever kind of gate it is, it looks nice!
arl
Tampa BMX posted something on FaceBook earlier today about donations to get GO211 out this weekend. I believe they needed $1100. But still no word on how to donate money. Waiting for someone to get a Paypal account setup.
JerryW
I'll be racing so I don't need go211 this weekend, but I know how cool it is to watch when you can't be there so I'm in for a few bucks;
spread the word, I also saw $1100 on facebook.
tlcrouch355
I'm in for a 10 spot.
jim graham
I have family in Kansas and Michigan who will watch if this happen's.. I'm in for a few $ as well.
murrdog
Sherrie (CC BMX track treasure) said she's going to try and have a paypal account set up tomorrow for donations. For now they will take them at the track, if you can donate.

Word is GO211 will be there no matter what. I have not heard how much has been collected yet but I do know Rich has sent Sherrie a total amount and let her know that CC BMX actual has about 14 days to collect the money before the track would be invoiced from the video guys for their work.

The starting gate drops very fast. They have mounted speakers under the gate so you can heard the cadence loud and clear.
DARIN HOUSTON
Sounds like it will be a fun track and gate see you folks this weekend !!!!!!
fla_mike
just throw a $2.00 parking charge out there, should cover the cost and evryone will pitch in!

also is there a charge to park for the award show? and is the parking in a garage? what about trailer's and rv's??? just give folk's a heads up so they are not surprised!
bmxer029
Looking forward to the championship, but hope it is run fast and efficient so we can get back to the hotels early enough to celebrate the end of the season with friends and family.
Bob
bmxvideoman
bmxvideoman
I'll be racing so I don't need go211 this weekend,

If we don't webcast it then I won't record every main event and post it online so you won't be able to see your race afterwards.
murrdog
I've only lived here in Cape Coral for two years so I don't know the area that well where the award show is being held. We were talking about it last night and I guess one place is free to park but all the other places you will have to pay to park. Sorry I can't tell you which place is free because I don't even know myself. I have no clue if there is room for trailers and or RV's. I will try to find out some of these answers tonight at the track work party.
JerryW
you won't be able to see your race afterwards.

I always hate watching my race later, It looks slower and I'm pissed for not trying harder, even though I am!

Hey Rich, don't misunderstand, you guys do a great job, I was just saying that I'm also willing to donate to the cause! biggrin.gif

Back at J-town when I couldn't get to the race it was great being able to watch the rest of my family & friends race!
murrdog
Cape coral Bmx has a paypal account set up for donations to help pay for the go211 live broad cast. capecoralbmx@embarqmail.com

TLack
Mike, my knowledge is that there is no hidden fees. The Harborside is very nice with lots of parking....RV's and team trailers will be parked at the marina..This will be the best Championship/Awards ceremony that I can remember. I will never ask people to pay for parking and RV camping is only $20. I want everyone to come out and have fun and spend their extra money at the concession stand. Profile, MCS and Intense have donated $100 to the GO211 fund. Other teams and individuals are donating at this time so everyone (Even AL Roybal)can watch our state championship race.

Good luck racers,

TLACK
TLack
All of the factory teams are here. We just got Rich and Go211 at the track (funny stuff....great memories Rich) The track is super hard and fast......This is going to be a weekend to remember.....Oh 26 port o potties and two 40 yd dumpsters to handle all of the crap.... laugh.gif

bring it!
harper
Live on GO211 now!
Moose001
I heard 175 motos. Any word on rider count???

harper
Moto 1

Rack 1-CJ Mcguire, Jimenez
Rack 2-Faoro, Britt
Rack 3-Dardini, Justin Joy
Rack 4-Riddell
LACK
QUOTE (harper @ May 15 2010, 07:15 AM) *
Moto 1

Rack 1-CJ Mcguire, Jimenez
Rack 2-Faoro, Britt
Rack 3-Dardini, Justin Joy
Rack 4-Riddell

Thanks I just got back to house.. Missed the 1st round Go CJ and Riddell..."team"

go211..ooks good today thanks Rich! jlack
LACK
Hey PDF of motos..can look see what kids what classes when and where..
Great Job Rich and NBL!...
Gary Mason WWR
Congrats CJ on the huge win today. Awesome
winonflats
Cj is the man
Gary Mason WWR
I have heard Murillo Filho is in the hospial with a seperated shoulder from the 40-44 cr crash. Get well soon Filho.
winonflats
i heard the same thing. he got loose and took houston with him
bmxerpete
If anyone happens to have video of Moto 2 of 45-49 Cruiser could you please let me know? I ate it hard and I'm still trying to figure out what I did wrong.

Thanks- Pete Bruno
Gary Mason WWR
QUOTE (bmxerpete @ May 16 2010, 10:36 PM) *
If anyone happens to have video of Moto 2 of 45-49 Cruiser could you please let me know? I ate it hard and I'm still trying to figure out what I did wrong.

Thanks- Pete Bruno

Glad your ok Pete, I'll keep an eye out for the vid.
tlcrouch355
Todd and the crew at Cape Coral put on a great job. The track conditions were perfect. Thanks.
bmxvideoman
We just got Rich and Go211 at the track (funny stuff....great memories Rich)

Oh Todd, that was the most interesting trailer dance I've seen yet. If it wasn't for that little gator i think I'd still be stuck at the finish line with the truck and trailer.
Thanks for taking care of us Todd and the Cape Coral crew.

And btw, you can check out the Go211 Pre show, track walk and highlights from the day at: http://www.go211.com/u/2010floridabmxchampionships
bmxkidfromfla332
wow!! all i have to say is wow ! the race was ran well the track was different made you ride with your head and skill, cant get over how nice a track cc is , loved i would love them to run a pro am or something , need something to bring me the 148 miles , great racing to all ! awesome!
bmxerpete
Thanks Gary. EVERYTHING hurts today, from my outermost extremities all the way in to my spleen! It feels like I did a belly flop from a third story window. I'm getting too old for this crashing stuff... biggrin.gif

Considering how torn up the track was from the rain only a couple of weeks prior, I'd say the CC crew did an outstanding job. I can personally vouch for how solid the surface was!
Gary Mason WWR
QUOTE (bmxerpete @ May 17 2010, 01:50 PM) *
Thanks Gary. EVERYTHING hurts today, from my outermost extremities all the way in to my spleen! It feels like I did a belly flop from a third story window. I'm getting too old for this crashing stuff... biggrin.gif

Considering how torn up the track was from the rain only a couple of weeks prior, I'd say the CC crew did an outstanding job. I can personally vouch for how solid the surface was!

Glad your ok Pete. Your welcome. Getting old sucks but we all gotta do it. Hope you still got #2 you deserve it.
TLack
Thanks to all for the mad props of the track and the whole race itself! Rich it was definately interesting moving your rig around....LOL.....Tired but had a great time racing with my boys and an awesome day for my riders and the team......
bmxerpete
Yup, got #2 again...dang that Pat Deats kid is fast. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.