Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: North East Regional April 17 - 18 Howell N.J. Sneak Peek
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > BMX Racing
Pages: 1, 2
crazyalcayne
For everybody that's coming to the Regional at Howell in a few weeks, I took some pictures of the track when I went to last weeks opening. I'll be taking some more pics and video at the track this weekend too, it's gonna be a perfect weekend to ride.

http://www.cac-tv.com/2010/04/howell-opening-day/

So who's coming up for the regional?
ac463
ill most likely be there hopefully we can get a pro open going with at least a few guys...spread the word.....worse comes to worse ill go get some practice laps in and hang out for the weekend.
s4lnj
they are having a pro open-- big payout
johngill
CJBMX will host the eFinWear.com Pro Am with a $1500 in the purse. CJBMX has produced some big days and April 17 will be among the biggest. Hell on Wheels, GT PRO Clinic, racing, raffles, a band..... This may be the biggest BMX party ever.

CJBMX.ORG
facebook.com/cjbmx
BmXchicofNY
We should be there BUT i wont be able 2 ride sad.gif, i am starting phsyical therapy for my knee and I will be doing it for atleast a month. Still looking foward to the race tho, wish i could ride! sad.gif
johngill
Here is the event T,

Has anyone here seen Hell-On-Wheels?

crazyalcayne
QUOTE (johngill @ Apr 5 2010, 08:40 PM) *
Here is the event T,

Has anyone here seen Hell-On-Wheels?

Cool!!
johngill
Brett Middaugh
Dude, Lapusnak will be stoked! You used the logo!
johngill
That logo is everywhere this year, on the starting hill marking lanes and gates, shirts, maybe our inspection stickers.

He did a great job, and I love the thing.

We found the winged rider, and will be rolling him out in some places for our 30th year in 2011.
johngill
On top of the racing, and $1000 to first place in the eFinwear.com pro-am CJBMX has arranged for Hell on Wheels, GT Pro, Mike Day, Scotty Cranmer and and old school show and shine.

Hell On Wheels.
bmx668
CJBMX really understands how to promote a race with Hell on Wheels and Scotty Cranmer putting on a big show saturday afternoon and right after the show you will get a chance to meet Mikey "Silver Medalist" Day who will be participating in a GT clinic with Joey Albright Vet Pro and Alaina Henderson Elite Women. Great track, fantastic Vollies and a good time had by all.
ANT DOG 3:16
I am so counting down the days. I am off for that friday and will be there all weekend. I might enter the pro am too might as well make a weekend of it.
johngill
We are practicing this Friday, April 9, 2010 and racing on Sunday April 11.

April 11 will benefit the Bob Warnicke Scholarship Fund. All riders receive awards, racing is $15.

We will feature a parade of champions with call out for all CJBMX LEAP, State, Region, National and UCI award winners.

At the conclusion of racing there will be the HYPER NJ State Team trophy dash for class winners. Athletes will compete for prizes provided by KENDA, AM'E and CRIT Plate.

facebook.com/cjbmx
cjbmx.org
crazyalcayne
Wow CJBMX is doing their thing this year, it's gonna be a fun two weeks i can't wait!
AirportFF
We're heading down around 10 on Friday. Hope to get to the campground (Pine Cone Campground) early and get stuff set up. It's just me, Matt, John McDowell and Nick Stodolski this trip. Hoping for a dry weekend. These April races in NJ seem to be bad luck as far as weather goes for us.
johngill
QUOTE (crazyalcayne @ Apr 8 2010, 02:29 PM) *
Wow CJBMX is doing their thing this year, it's gonna be a fun two weeks i can't wait!

I hope this is the tip of the iceberg. CJBMX is committed to participating in some events this year. There is more to come.
7 days and counting. I am going to have so much footage from this. I am going to try and get a mike day interview.
John my press pass is at the desk right. biggrin.gif
johngill
crazyalcayne
QUOTE (ANT DOG 3:16 @ Apr 9 2010, 03:51 PM) *
7 days and counting. I am going to have so much footage from this. I am going to try and get a mike day interview.
John my press pass is at the desk right. biggrin.gif

Oh yeah press passes I forgot that I need to get one lol! Who do I contact to get one Ant?
bmxmom156
we are at the pinecone camping also i heard its almost full of bmxers!

should be a great weekend for sure...
Was at the track yesterday. I am sure no one will be dissapointed.

Bill Hayden
Thought I was gonna make it, but it is the only weekend the guy can bring the dirt, and machine to re build the trails in the back, and put the pump track in.
Bill I will have plenty of pictures and video for ya

BTW it feels so good having a regional in my own backyard. biggrin.gif No hotel expenses
johngill
Those dudes at efinwear.com just threw a SE OM Flyer into a raffle for the weekend.

DC4416
Yes! Great day there yesterday, my first time to CJBMX and I thought it was great. First straight is hauling, loved it!

Can't wait to be there again next weekend and light it up. A great track and seriously good peoples!
MeredithJL
QUOTE (AirportFF @ Apr 8 2010, 04:09 PM) *
We're heading down around 10 on Friday. Hope to get to the campground (Pine Cone Campground) early and get stuff set up. It's just me, Matt, John McDowell and Nick Stodolski this trip. Hoping for a dry weekend. These April races in NJ seem to be bad luck as far as weather goes for us.

'Rain' is a four letter word...Wait a second, so is 'race.'

Never mind.....
AirportFF
Calling for showers on Friday and Saturday. I'll never understand why they always schedule something in the northeast in April. scratch_one-s_head.gif
DC4416
Last weekend was borderline tropical! April has its highs and lows, you're as likely to get rained off just about anywhere, just about anytime of the year. It'll be fine.
AirportFF
Ehhh Either way we're comitted happy.gif
johngill
QUOTE (AirportFF @ Apr 13 2010, 10:50 AM) *

CJBMX hosts an all weather race in December every year, the Ironman. We have raced that one with snow on the track. We too, are committed.
AirportFF
QUOTE (johngill @ Apr 13 2010, 03:59 PM) *
CJBMX hosts an all weather race in December every year, the Ironman. We have raced that one with snow on the track. We too, are committed.

John don't take it the wrong way. I meant that we are commited to racing whatever the weather. CJBMX is one of the nicest facilities in the northeast. You guys should be proud.

PS We've been to the past 3 Ironman races. And I also raced one in the early 80's there. Good times.
johngill
QUOTE (AirportFF @ Apr 13 2010, 04:21 PM) *
John don't take it the wrong way. I meant that we are commited to racing whatever the weather. CJBMX is one of the nicest facilities in the northeast. You guys should be proud.

PS We've been to the past 3 Ironman races. And I also raced one in the early 80's there. Good times.

Want to talk about committed. The US Marines Color Guard will start the day on Saturday. We will have a great day.

I did not take it the wrong way. CJBMX is having a party and the only thing the rain can do is get us wet, not ruin the fun.

NB. weather.com has improved the weekend forecast.

MeredithJL
USMC Color Guard? COOL! My brother was a Marine and is now in the Army and over in Afghanistan as a sniper. I need to get an Army sticker on my numberplate...

Also, for those of you old enough to remember when Howell was still a 'young' track, a former multiple world champion/national #1 rider (and my biggest, toughest competition for five years) will be dropping by for a visit on Friday. Kathy Schachel is going to come by. I hope she doesn't bring her bike.... tongue.gif
AirportFF
QUOTE (MeredithJL @ Apr 13 2010, 07:25 PM) *
USMC Color Guard? COOL! My brother was a Marine and is now in the Army and over in Afghanistan as a sniper. I need to get an Army sticker on my numberplate...

Also, for those of you old enough to remember when Howell was still a 'young' track, a former multiple world champion/national #1 rider (and my biggest, toughest competition for five years) will be dropping by for a visit on Friday. Kathy Schachel is going to come by. I hope she doesn't bring her bike.... tongue.gif

Cool. Don't forget the introductions. What time you planning on heading down Mer?
MeredithJL
QUOTE (AirportFF @ Apr 13 2010, 05:32 PM) *
Cool. Don't forget the introductions. What time you planning on heading down Mer?

I want to be there by 1pm or so. Gotta swing down to the lower east side in NYC to pick up Wacky Wave. So I should be leaving my house around 10:30. Let's try to pit next to each other.
AirportFF
I'm hoping to be on the road by 9:30. But I'm pulling the camper. If you get there before us. Claim a spot for the ezup. We're going to swing by the track first. Drop off the bikes, Matt, John and Nick. I'm going to head to the campground and drop the trailer then come back.
Since my van took a crap, I will have my dad's tahoe, I plan on doing all 3 days. And I just built a sweeeeet new ride.
Bill Hayden
QUOTE (AirportFF @ Apr 13 2010, 10:50 AM) *

Clint, you should have been committed along time ago buddy!!!
johngill
Who is coming tomorrow?
Me and the wife & rob wanless and rob Jr
AirportFF
QUOTE (Bill Hayden @ Apr 14 2010, 08:27 AM) *
Clint, you should have been committed along time ago buddy!!!

My wife says that quite a bit too laugh.gif

When school gets out. Matt's gonna stay with me for part of the summer. We're going to have to take the 20 minute drive to your house and check it out.
johngill
For all our guests, friends and riders.

Please subscribe to receive mobile alerts about track status, events and order for the regional weekend and 2010 season. This, along with the PA will be our communication tool for the weekend.

Text alerts from CJBMX
bmx668
81 moto's

4 racks in the Pro Am

Mikey Day in attendance signing autographs and taking pictures.

GT / SC Actionsports Clinic draws 65 riders!

Hell On Wheels and Scotty Cranmer put on a freestyle show.

The Northeast BMX season has officially started with a bang!
crazyalcayne
I just posted the pictures from this weekend...that's a record for me LOL!
Enjoy!

http://www.cac-tv.com/2010/04/ne-regional-at-howell-bmx/
AirportFF
Working on getting he pictures uploaded now. But here's a quick couple samples.

Pro/Am Main on Saturday. Kelty, Albright and Delizia out front

Phil ran out of pavement

Don't know if he made any money or not...probably not
Wow good pic, I got it on video.
crazyalcayne
QUOTE (AirportFF @ Apr 19 2010, 09:25 AM) *

He Ant can you send me those pictures you took of me riding a weeks ago, I wanna put them on my Facebook.
MeredithJL
QUOTE (crazyalcayne @ Apr 19 2010, 10:11 AM) *
He Ant can you send me those pictures you took of me riding a weeks ago, I wanna put them on my Facebook.

Al,
My doctor is going to want to see the video of my crash so he can have me forcibly committed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.