Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harbor pro
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Vintage BMX Racing
wicksbusa
I have a frame and was told it was a harbor pro. Any info would help. smile.gif
Racer
I think that was a short lived bike company out of Arizona.
It was a bike shop that made some frame sets.
Around 79-83 era sometime I think.
This is off the top of my head to lazy to research it for you.
Greg_Hanna
Basically a CW with different serial # and decals.
wicksbusa
Would anybody have a pic? Or even what the decals were like. I have a frame and fork the has serial hp02. Chip just powdered for me and now need to get some decals. Thanks for your help guys
Evan
I've got a catalog of theirs from '81 or so --I'll see if I can dig it up tonight.
wicksbusa
Man that would be awesome. I really want to decal it as close to og as I can. Thanks alot guys!
Jason F.
if its the same company I am thinking of they also sold dk stems with stickers on top instead of the dk logo ingraved.

oh and they headsets and titanium frames too...if its who I think it is.
cruzertodd
QUOTE (Racer @ Dec 13 2009, 08:40 PM) *
I think that was a short lived bike company out of Arizona.
It was a bike shop that made some frame sets.
Around 79-83 era sometime I think.
This is off the top of my head to lazy to research it for you.

Bicycle Harbor. I knew a guy who had a Harbor Lite.
wicksbusa
Evan any luck finding that catalog???
wicksbusa
anybody???
wicksbusa
someone please help me with this before I abort project
Racer
lol dont abort. It will be like we all feel about selling our old bikes. I have a unknown bike for over a year now.
I cant post it in the museum since it is unknown. I think its a 77 Sekai but cant confirm that yet.
Still I will never trade it or sell it now lol. Way to many hours digging to try to find out what it is. I even emailed one of the former owners of Sekai but have yet to get a reply.
Onza
There was definately a bike shop out of Arizona called Bicycle Harbor. I agree on the era 79-82. They had a store in New Mexico as well. The store in NM was in middle of the Navajo Reservation and they had some rad stuff! Thats your best lead for sure.
MarkP
Bicycle Harbor was the name of the shop, A freind of mine Matt Bethel here in Ohio was sponsored by them in the early to mid 80's.
About a year ago there was a Harbor Lite on ebay for sale.
Evan
I searched high and low through the archives over the holidays. Alas, no catalog. I know I have it, just have to find the right box! I'll get on it again this weekend ...

*edit: typo
MichBMX
Wans't it a good size shop with a pretty good team back in the day. I seem to recall JD Finney riding for them as a young am.
Jason F.
they sold stuff in the back of magazines all the time, they had DK looking stems with no DK logo, they had lots of mini stuff and some pro stuff, if I get time this weekend I will scan some magazines, but if you go here
http://www.23mag.com/index.htm
you can download some mags and probably find all you need on them.
wicksbusa
Man I have looked all over. I may just sell this and work on my other projects. Its a shame it has fresh c4 powder.
Popeye
They had ads in BMXAction and BMX Plus in '83. I know because I got their number and called looking for a GT pit bike frameset and they had the only one left that could be found.
I was just looking and I found the receipt for it. Was dated 10/29/83
Bicycle Harbor had two adresses on this receipt:
5128 S. Rural Rd. Tempe
1338 S. Country Club, Mesa

I'm guessing those are both in AZ.
cruzertodd
here's a phone number, not sure how good it is

Bicycle Harbor

Is this your company?
Claim This Profile
430 E Draper St
Mesa, AZ 85203-6326
Phone: (480) 827-0492
wicksbusa
Man I have looked through numerous downloaded magazines, no luck. Thanks for all of your help to here. If anybody has any other ideas I would appreciate it.
Paolo
This is from the Aug. 82 BMXA...

wicksbusa
Thanks guys that helps, now I know that I have a pro model and it is serial number hp02. This was probably riden by a factory rider at some point. Anyway, I need a picture of the decals. So trhe search continues. If I can't find a picture of the decals, I may just put it up for sale. It has fresh powder from Chip at C4. It is a really nice frame and fork. Thanks
wicksbusa
for sale
Wayne_McCabe
I use to have a Harbor Lite Cruiser back in 1983, the decals were just simple die-cut as you can sort of see in the pic on the fork. The bike was made by CW for Bicycle Harbor bikeshop. That use to be one of the flagship shops in Az in the mid 80s. Jaydee Finney, Fred Hightower and a few others rode for them.
slyttleton
I remember them, generally some good guys. My dad owned Navajo Racing Products in Tempe and we made some stuff for them. Those were the days.
omartcruisers
Oddly enough, I was just discussing these with one of the local LBS owners who raced for SE BITD. He said it was sort of like Bike Harbor thought they could become the next JMC.
garyg
Scott Welding also was on that team. The last name spelling could be wrong. They raced alot on the east coast in the summer of 83. Justin Roos was traveling with them but don'nt think he was on the team. Think he was always with JMC. JD's mom i think was the team manager at that time. All good riders on that team.
dubplatestyle
here's some of their "ads"

cjbmx/hex
QUOTE (Wayne_McCabe @ Jan 27 2010, 04:11 PM) *
I use to have a Harbor Lite Cruiser back in 1983, the decals were just simple die-cut as you can sort of see in the pic on the fork. The bike was made by CW for Bicycle Harbor bikeshop. That use to be one of the flagship shops in Az in the mid 80s. Jaydee Finney, Fred Hightower and a few others rode for them.

I rode a harbor lite in 83 when on the Gold Line team for Camp Campbell. I have pics, but none that show the decals. Wayne is correct on the di-cuts, I remember that plain as day. I don't remember seeing any painted ones, just chrome.

Cj
dubplatestyle
if you look carefully at the forks in the "ad", you can faintly see the bicycle harbor "die-cut" decals.

zumlin
QUOTE (wicksbusa @ Jan 8 2010, 01:13 PM) *
Thanks guys that helps, now I know that I have a pro model and it is serial number hp02. This was probably riden by a factory rider at some point. Anyway, I need a picture of the decals. So trhe search continues. If I can't find a picture of the decals, I may just put it up for sale. It has fresh powder from Chip at C4. It is a really nice frame and fork. Thanks

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.