Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today's educational video
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > BMX Racing
bmxcommentator
Get yer snap on!

Jared Graves shows you how to get your snap on, its always worth a reminder.....
tsmith9233
Damn, he is one gate snapping sonofagun..... Thank you
Uncle_Todd
QUOTE (tsmith9233 @ Nov 13 2009, 09:44 PM) *
Damn, he is one gate snapping sonofagun..... Thank you

+1 thanks for sharing.
The Riddler Al-F
I wish we had more Slalom/4X here in the Southeast...But yeah man, He can def snap a gate! He's very consistent to, his wheel follows it down EVERYTIME in that vid...like a machine and that's a random gate too.

Thanks for the link! Lotsa cool DH/4x/Slalom vids to drool over tonight.
race_inc
Yeah man, Jared Graves kills it!
eurohero
good link
harper
I still love Coach G's flat pedal gate in slowmo in the vid "I Ain't Mad Atcha"

Thomas
The Riddler Al-F
QUOTE (harper @ Nov 14 2009, 08:30 AM) *

Thomas

Tom, I have all kinds of mental flat pedal performance video in my memory bank of you killing it on flats. We all wish we could rock the flats like you do Brah!
headsnap
QUOTE (The Riddler Al-F @ Nov 13 2009, 09:39 PM) *
I wish we had more Slalom/4X here in the Southeast...But yeah man, He can def snap a gate! He's very consistent to, his wheel follows it down EVERYTIME in that vid...like a machine and that's a random gate too.

Thanks for the link! Lotsa cool DH/4x/Slalom vids to drool over tonight.

If you got an iPod, check out the Yeti video podcast in the iTunes store... that's where this vid is from... TONS of great stuff!!!!
90262LeeBMXs
Woohoo! Now I know what I've been doing wrong...

EVERYTHING!!!
bmxnews123452
not to be a hater but the video isnt that good almost all know to put the bike in straight and have the pedals level. no instruction on how to do the snap means its not a good how to do a gate video. how to set up in the gate it shows how to snap not shown.
The Riddler Al-F
Interesting point Ritchie. Although non BMX racers entering "Gated" MTB racing usually have a harder time doing a snap and really miss the basics. So for them, pedal position, etc is gold, but I agree after hndsight something is missing.

I guess we take it for granted since we see the body motion and know what needs to be done.
CWracer
I just like to see the slomo. That really helps. In fact I wish they could slow it down more and show more starts. Same with stuff like manualing.

QUOTE (harper @ Nov 14 2009, 07:30 AM) *

Thomas

What? No link? Yer hold'n out on us, man!
Bob D
Try this for slo-mo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzahK-uIrrI...feature=related
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.