Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone here running a FIT Lurch frame?
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > Dirt, Vert, Park, Street & Flatland BMX
Just JeffB now

How do you have it built? Where do you ride most? Likes/ dislikes?
Just JeffB now
Wow...nobody?

I just built mine yesterday. Nice big free ride frame. 21.5"TT, 14.25 rear end. Brian FOster is my idol, so maybe sponsored riders DO influence peoples` decisions when buying new parts.

I`ll post some pics after I ride it later. You guys know I dial my bikes!
mannequinforce
Pics yet?!
Just JeffB now
A few more days. It`s gonna be the negative of my 38 Special... murdered out matte black instead of gloss white. Still need bars and forks and a front wheel so I can put the S&M back together
bulldog
If the frame has the same geometry as his old street frame, it should kick( well you know). It manuals excellent and jumps even better. I loved both that I have had. I will be honest, I broke them both at the top tube junction to headtube. ohmy.gif Both learning opposite smith stalls. rolleyes.gif Wished I could have got another but at that time they quit making them. So I got a Fit series 2 in 21.25. Like it but wow it took alot to get use to it. When time for new frame the Lurch is the way I'm going. Love the Bf stuff. I also have one of his old race/trails frames built for my trails bike. It also rides amazingly! Have fun!
Just JeffB now
I like it a lot so far and haven`t even really pushed it yet. I like that the rear isn`t mega short (14.25"). I`m not a 145 pound teenager so having a tad more gives me more control. Gonna go wail on it in the next few days and see how it really performs
lumpy
How is it? I must admit, if I was to get a Fit, that would be the one...

Brian
Just JeffB now
QUOTE (lumpy @ Apr 28 2009, 03:21 PM) *
How is it? I must admit, if I was to get a Fit, that would be the one...

Brian

Well, i`ve ridden it more in the last few days than I have my S&M in the last 3 weeks. I`ve got the last few parts on thier way, should be in thursday. It rides awesome, and the built in seat clamp leaves the "made in USA" stamp on the seat tube uncovered.Was gonna take it to the park but it`s rainy and wet so they closed and the indoor park doesn`t have a bike session until thursday.

Been watching a crapload of videos of BF and Corey Martinez...the decision now is to run no pegs, 2 pegs, or blow out with all 4.

mannequinforce
Run none! The cleaner, the simpler the bike, the better.
Terrorabbleone
Ask yourself, are you gonna actually use the pegs? If not, no reason to run them.

Geometry look the same as the S&M TV besides the bb being .1 higher. Should be a great riding frame and I'll actually probably be ordering a lurch soon once our trails get up and running.
Just JeffB now
I ran two on my eastern and was learning different grinds. I`ll probably run 4 on this bike at the park/street and none at trails. Not like it`s gonna take 5 minutes to swap out. I`m jonesing SO hard to go hit the park. I was out playing around on my little launch ramp this evening. If my son can act right in school tomorrow we`re hitting the skatepark after I get off work good2.gif
Just JeffB now
I friggin` LOVE this bike. Rode the skatepark last night and it`s not like it gave me a superhero cape or anything, but jeez what a comfy, natural feeling ride! Pulled two things I`ve never gotten before; a little table/whip/style twist over a spine (relax guys, it`s like 3 feet tall) and grinded (ground?) an entire rail they have (again relax. It`s a foot off the ground...but it is long as heck good2.gif )

LOL my forearms hurt from bunnyhopping onto that darn rail probably 50 times...
Just JeffB now
mannequinforce
Looks sick Jeff. I hope you got some more black in store for it! I think everything needs to be murdered out. And definitely a pivotal seat/post combo is in order! Either way Jeff you build a mean bike! Glad you are enjoying it so much!
mannequinforce
I can't remember where I saw this bike, somewhere here on the forums, but I fell in love with it!

Not taking anything away from your build! I just love blacked out bikes!
BS
Looks good, Jeff.
Just JeffB now
Thanks guys :-)

WOrking on getting a black seat for it, but I gotta have a dash of color with some small parts. The brakes were supposed to be red, but gold is what showed up. I have a sprocket that matches the brakes, and I though about stripping the decals and running black/gold but I also thought about a subtle tie-in with the race bike, but then again I might just sell the race bike, reclassify and race on the jumper once in a while, it`s all of 24 pounds drinks.gif
mannequinforce
Black and a little gold is a sick combo! 24 lbs is legit. I would say that you could sell the race bike, for sure. And you could still drop the weight on that trails bike too, with some folding tires, seat combo and plastic pedals. I know macneil makes a plastic pivotal seatpost/ seat combo. Just some ideas if you are looking to lighten up the bike!

By the way, how is that half link chain treating ya? I was thinking about switching over for my new build.
Just JeffB now
No plastic pedals for me. It`s 23lbs 12oz to be exact, and I`m not really interested in setting out to make it lighter. My race bike 20 years ago was probably more than that, it`s plenty light for a FS bike.

I`ve been running half link chains since the shadow conspiracy chain came out (about 3 years ago). Worth every penny.
mannequinforce
Thanks Jeff. I have heard really good things about the Shadow chains. I hear ya on plastic pedals. I only run em cause I am a dinky 145 lbs on a good day. And they are cheap way to lighten up my 27 pound racer! Ha. I only wish my ride was 23 lbs.
Just JeffB now
Almost done. Looking for some black cranks. Still haven`t decided on red brakes or a gold sprocket. I have a burnt orange sprocket that goes well.

And all of my bikes have one piece that just rocks, and on this one it`s the front wheel. KHE Astral wheel. The hub is designed so the spokes never make contact with any grinding surface, so no real need for a guard.

Just JeffB now
The decision was made for me when I switched to the Primo cranks. The red sprocket has a 19mm spindle hole and the Primos have a 22, which the orange is cut for. Can`t say I`m disappointed:
mannequinforce
Looking smooth brah!
joelwitte
looks good man..
i too went w/ those primo cranks after finding out that BF used them
their my first set of alum cranks and actually i'm not dissapointed, haven't really got a chance to see how much they flex out on me yet but then again i'm using them on the race build
Just JeffB now
Almost 100% done. I said I wouldn`t get a gyro until I earned it, and I`ve just about got bunnyhop barspins wired so it`s on it`s way (I`ll be damned if I`m gonna run brakeless.)

Close up of some SNAP goodness:
joelwitte
what do you think so far of that half link chain??
what brand is that one

bike looks good
Just JeffB now
It`s a Shadow Conspiracy, and I love it. I ran one for over a year on my race bike without fail. The micro gearing puts more stress on it so I`m getting about 6 months out of them before they stretch to the point of replacement (had one on my eastern as well).

60% of the bikes at the park saturday were blacked out so I will probably change a thing or two, just for a dash of color. Probably some purple.
BS
QUOTE (Just JeffB now @ Jun 9 2009, 03:23 PM) *
I said I wouldn`t get a gyro until I earned it, and blah, blah, blah, blah...

You don't really need a gyro to do a single barspin or tailwhip.

and...

...if you put a gyro on that thing I'll drive all the way to Texas to punch you in the face!!! (not really) smile.gif

The bike is looking good, Jeff.
Just JeffB now
You don't really need a gyro to do a single barspin or tailwhip.

I know. But having to bust out a downside whip just to unwind my cable sucks (umm...yeah.)

and...

...if you put a gyro on that thing I'll drive all the way to Texas to punch you in the face!!! (not really) smile.gif

Bring it on. I`ll hand you a shovel when you get here.

The bike is looking good, Jeff.

Thanks man, the Zen I remember from 20 years ago is returning. This bike is bringing me to a point in my riding that I should have been in 4 years ago.
BS
I am, as you may have been able to guess, a fan of race-inspired bikes with clean smooth lines (and straight brake cables). Like Stricker's bike when it still had chainstay brake mounts. I always thought it would be rad to ride a bike like that but still do all the circus tricks but instead of doing double barspins do a single one way, catch and then do it back to unwind the cable. Tailwhip to barspin out, flair-whip to barspin out, you get the idea.

Of course the only tricks I really think need to be done are as follows:

table top
turndown
cross-up
toboggan

I'm kind of a grumpy old man and averse to change so feel free to ignore me.

but yeah, punch you in the face!

QUOTE (Just JeffB now @ Jun 10 2009, 07:26 AM) *
60% of the bikes at the park saturday were blacked out so...

That just means they're doing it right. wink.gif
Just JeffB now
QUOTE (BS @ Jun 11 2009, 05:34 PM) *
but yeah, punch you in the face!

OK, so what`s the consequence of running brakeless? I have absolutely no interest in the "cool" factor, but I did ride another bike brakeless at the park and it was scary, but invigorating. I`m considering it for a while as I know a few VERY good riders who say doing it for even a few weeks will improve your flow tremendously.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.