Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milwaukee BMX Old School Show/Race
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Vintage BMX Racing
tomanybikes
Milwaukee BMX will host the First Annual "I Raced The Ranch" Old School Reunion. August 22 2009 Double Point ABA Race
Awards for many different classes. For more info watch MilwaukeeBMX.com for updates or call 414.429.3485 This should be a blast from the past!
John De Bruin
I raced the Ranch double-points race on Septemeber 16th, 1984...25 days short of 25 years later to the reunion.
tomanybikes
John
Will we see you at the Milwaukee race? Any old photos would be great. Thanks John
rick kast
i was at a race there when scott urban started backwards in the gate and still won.
i have some old photos and my card from 81 or 82.
i will be there.
tomanybikes
I think this reunion will be great! Lots of BMX love has been laying low in the area since the closing of the Ranch. Farmer Vic will be smiling from above.
John De Bruin
I'd love to, but the last time I was on a track was when a broke my ribs and pelvis at the Elkhorn opener a few years back.

So what's the plan? People racing their old-school bikes? Or is just a parade lap of sorts? Can you post some pics of the track?

The nearest photo of me racing would have been at Sheboygan. I don't have any from The Ranch.
tomanybikes
John Our schedule for the day is not complete yet. It may have some old school bike races flats only ect. Bike show for sure. One thing for sure will be lots of BS and bench racing. Kevin O is from the Sheboygan area and raced bitd. He will be at the race . He always has plenty of Sheboygan race stories. Start looking for photos.
Moto111
The Ranch was so much a part of my BMX life back in the day. Raced my first race there in 1980, probably did my last race there of my BMX days late summer of 1986 just before going off to college. For those of you reading this I don't know many of you, I am Dave Ignatew. Very new to this site and super stoked on all the old stories and photos. I was part of the rebuild of the Ranch track around 1985 or so, spent many days moving dirt, raking and of course riding it in. Live in Colorado now and don't get back to Wisconsin much anymore. What are more of the details of this event, location etc? I will have my family start looking for old race photos and send to me if they can find them, so it may be a while till I can post photos.
tomanybikes
Post those photos! The response has been great. We look forward to a huge turn out. Rumor has it that Mr.Coasterbrake will bring out the good stuff.
Capt. Nemo
Hey John,

I never raced the ranch, am I still invited? smile.gif

Will the bike show be open to just "reunion" members?

The Milwaukee area has quite a few OS BMX/freestyle collectors that may not neccearlily be "vets" of the sport.

Can I bring out my retro collection?

tomanybikes
Capt Nemo It would not be a old school reunion without you. I hope to see your collection and a whole bunch more. This show/reunion is open to anyone. We will have double point ABA race and a show and shine. With possible flats only races if enough people are interested.Start getting your bikes ready.
mr coasterbrake
hmmm...could be. smile.gif
gatemangus
QUOTE (Moto111 @ Apr 14 2009, 01:51 PM) *
The Ranch was so much a part of my BMX life back in the day. Raced my first race there in 1980, probably did my last race there of my BMX days late summer of 1986 just before going off to college. For those of you reading this I don't know many of you, I am Dave Ignatew. Very new to this site and super stoked on all the old stories and photos. I was part of the rebuild of the Ranch track around 1985 or so, spent many days moving dirt, raking and of course riding it in. Live in Colorado now and don't get back to Wisconsin much anymore. What are more of the details of this event, location etc? I will have my family start looking for old race photos and send to me if they can find them, so it may be a while till I can post photos.

Hi Dave this is gus helling I work at Janesville track and Elkhorn and rockford my son was dave he raced for TNT.I am retired life is good. how things going with you. Are you going to the ranch reunion. my email is de3bf4@yahoo.com It would be great to hear from you.
Brian Boyle
If you guys can get the BoDeans to play an after party, I'll make the trip.
Capt. Nemo
QUOTE (Brian Boyle @ May 5 2009, 01:14 PM) *
If you guys can get the BoDeans to play an after party, I'll make the trip.

Better yet, get The Violent Femmes.

Still local and more 80's.
80sracer
QUOTE (gatemangus @ May 4 2009, 10:13 PM) *
Hi Dave this is gus helling I work at Janesville track and Elkhorn and rockford my son was dave he raced for TNT.I am retired life is good. how things going with you. Are you going to the ranch reunion. my email is de3bf4@yahoo.com It would be great to hear from you.

Hey Dave,
Shot ya a e-mail....Gus how's it been going! I might have to make it to this one..Shooting to Rockford this weekend with my dad and daughter, havent been to a race in 20+ years..which is sad!
Jason_L
Dave Ignatew... How are you? Jason Leikam here.... So manys blasts from the past. I've got some pics somewhere of you and I racing... Can't really see much of me though since you were always in front. Good to see you here.
Moto111
QUOTE (Jason_L @ Jun 17 2009, 11:03 AM) *
Dave Ignatew... How are you? Jason Leikam here.... So manys blasts from the past. I've got some pics somewhere of you and I racing... Can't really see much of me though since you were always in front. Good to see you here.

Jason, good to hear from you. What an awesome site, we find our old race buddies 25 yrs later. I am really good, live in Colorado for the past 16 yrs and life is great! I keep trying to get my mom to look for and send me old pictures but she has never found them. If I do I will post as well but it may be a while. If you want to chat more, my email is dignatew@dtjdesign.com It would be good to catch up!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.