Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [pics] New Hutch Zap Pads!
VintageBMX.com > Special Interests > Retro New School
SAF
New Hutch Zap Pads - and the quality is incredible. The stitching is beautiful, and the foam is very high quality. Very well done, John!

Here are some quick pics from my little point and shoot camera, I can take better ones if you all want.

chase2wheels
they do look slick. well done.
oldschoolrider88
WOW.. those things look GREAT!!
281cammer
They look great!!
Eddie11
They look great. I just bought a set biggrin.gif
trickstar
Look fantastic. Is the lettering on the handlebar pad on an angle or is the fabric just twisted a little? It looks like it is off slighlty.
raybeard
Who owns the rights to the name "ZAP PADS"?
race_inc
I was thinking the same thing raybeard!
3rd gear
I asked the same thing to no Avail, I guess he can infringe but will sue if anyone else tries...
Keep_It_Warm
I believe that John owns the name. I seem to remember reading it in one of these threads....
GFR Industries
QUOTE (trickstar @ Mar 31 2009, 12:06 PM) *
Look fantastic. Is the lettering on the handlebar pad on an angle or is the fabric just twisted a little? It looks like it is off slighlty.

It looks off to me too.
race_inc
Look at each end of the pad where it comes to a point. You will be able to see that it (the pad) is twisted a bit.
GFR Industries
I see that now, thanks!
Spicoli
Look Killer !!!

Are we going to see a lightning bolt "non hutch" version ?

I'd take a set of chromeys with the blue bolt....
Kerry
i think they look awful, the sewing is all crooked...you get someone in a nursing home to stitch those up?
John De Bruin
QUOTE (Spicoli @ Apr 3 2009, 12:05 AM) *
Are we going to see a lightning bolt "non hutch" version ?

I'd take a set of chromeys with the blue bolt....

Yes...if I can get more material.
BIRD6961
im with spicoli i need some chrome zaps with the blue lightning bolt john pleas ehurry on them and everything else u got gonna on we need parts biggrin.gif
John De Bruin
Black, Blue, and Red stem pads came in today, so all pad sets are in-stock right now.
AndyDiamond
Here are the blue pads I just got in the mail - nice!
The logos are screen printed in decent ink.

AndyDiamond
here's a pic of JDB's pads (blue) vs some other that were made a few years back...

scott84
Looks great! good2.gif
JiveHandle
MADE IN USA.....RIGHT ON!
pmjarvisvt2011
Would it be possible to get a blue padset with a white lightning bolt for straight crossbar handlebars? Thanks, Matt ...
John De Bruin
I'd really prefer to do the Zap Pads lightning bolt on chrome material, but it's just insanely difficult to get more of that material. If I can't get it, I'll make some red and blue pads with the bolt.
BIRD6961
john........when u get more material. chrome pads with blue lightning bolt please
pmjarvisvt2011
Hello John

That would be great. I'm really envious of the replica pads that were created for CW Racing and Hutch, which I believe you are the mastermind behind their development.

I have a 1980 Schwinn Sting in chrome and blue that I'm rebuilding. And, those pads would look great!!!

I see that the lightning bolt sets were once done in blue pads, red lightning bolts with white outlines. I would prefer those, but if it's easier to do just the blue with white lightning bolts, I would be real happy with those, as well. If you ever get to doing them, put me down for 2 sets.

Thanks,

Matt Jarvis - Windsor, VT 05089
hemidart1
Any word on lightning bolt Zaps?
monkeybiscuits
Can anybody clarify if there are any new Hutch products on the horizon?

Grips
Tyres
Hubs
etc.....................???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.