Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Redline and Intense the only 2 bikes left?
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > BMX Racing
Shiloh666
I went to Orange on sunday and Im not exaggerating when I say I saw maybe 7 other bikes out of all of them besides Redline or Intense.

Im not a big hater of big companies, but really??

It pretty much cemented my decision for an S&M cruiser just because haha.
DaygoVR6
Avent Cycles is still around and going strong - as one, if not the only US brand company that actually manufactuers their products in the US ....

check them out online www.aventcycles.com

wink.gif

alot of people could have been at Guthrie this past weekend as well
crzmky
I love my AVENT, and look forward to my new Neo custom built cruiser!! biggrin.gif R
Eldiablo
Thats odd The last nascar race i went to I only saw chevys, fords,dodges and some toyotas. No other makes on the track.

We have a Formula mixed in with the fleet of Intenses.
kidagain
You guys make me feel bad our family has 3 Redlines and 3 Intense Bikes......Allen Godfrey
TuRBo Todd Britton
Marketing.
MuchoJ
I love my Avent TR-7 20 & 24. My track used to be only Haro & Free Agents, but now the intense bike are coming on strong.
Paul Springer
Supercross good3.gif
Stoneking522
[quote name='DaygoVR6' date='Jan 27 2009, 09:16 PM' post='706707']
Avent Cycles is still around and going strong - as one, if not the only US brand company that actually manufactuers their products in the US ....

Standard makes EVERYTHING in house in Davenport, Iowa. There are several AMERICAN companies still around as well, there's a thread somewhere on this site about it though.

DaWump
It is not that they are the only 2 brands left just the most popular at the moment. Flavor of the month kind of thing. LOL Plus the LBS's are carrying them in stock least around here they are. Our 3 local shops have Haro, Redline, Felt, Intense, and FMF last years model LOL.
SFGuy
GHP seems to be coming on strong...
Lonny Lierley
Gunslinger Bicycles!! 100% made in the USA. I am a part owner and will be more than willing to answer any questions regarding frames. PM me if you have any questions.
Lonny Lierley

http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/index....ost&id=6161

http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/index....ost&id=6162

http://peterpaulpics.smugmug.com./gallery/...457890091_JMgS7
Shiloh666
i have been gone for about 15 years at least. I have no idea what Advents are but will look.

I actually like Redline and Intense. I guess. lol man i dont know. Just seems weird with only 2 kinds of bikes on the track.
Shiloh666
I just looked at the gunslinger bike. I dig that. You have a website?
Troy K
how about standard and cyclecraft
Shiloh666
i saw a few GHP's. when i was little i would have killed someone for one haha.

Im actually thinking about buying a complete 24 online somewhere and then just adding better parts.

What about MCS? how are those? How do they ride? anybody know? I figure im going to beat my bike for a few months until i remember how to speedjump again lol so until then I can have some whack cranks and bars lol.
headsnap
QUOTE (kidagain @ Jan 27 2009, 05:00 PM) *
You guys make me feel bad our family has 3 Redlines and 3 Intense Bikes......Allen Godfrey

We've got 7 Avents... biggrin.gif
headsnap
QUOTE (headsnap @ Jan 27 2009, 06:39 PM) *
We've got 7 Avents... biggrin.gif

and soon to be 8... I will be building up a Neo Cruiser...
wagonguy
QUOTE (Shiloh666 @ Jan 27 2009, 03:37 PM) *
i saw a few GHP's. when i was little i would have killed someone for one haha.

Im actually thinking about buying a complete 24 online somewhere and then just adding better parts.

What about MCS? how are those? How do they ride? anybody know? I figure im going to beat my bike for a few months until i remember how to speedjump again lol so until then I can have some whack cranks and bars lol.

GHP makes a complete cruiser also. Check the website over there----------->

Doug
workman
Hyper sun_bespectacled.gif
Thumperpilot
Those HARO cats have some pretty fast PRO's as well.
desertrat
Nothing wrong with GT or SE either.
omartcruisers
I see a lot of Intense and Redline bikes, but I also see a fair amount of DK, Haro, and a few Eastern's. I also see alot of frames with custom paint that I have no idea what they are because so many of the newer aluminum framesare just clones of each other.
Titanium Tim
All depends on where you are and who sponsors your local teams. My local track is loaded with Staats bikes.
tgap38
i have a redline, the wife has an SE and my daughter has an intense. No matter the bike, it comes down to the rider. Just find a bike in your price range, ride it like you stole it...and then decide what direction you want to go...ie- new wheels, cranks, etc. wink.gif
geharrison
REDMAN Awesome bikes made by a great guy good2.gif
protour77
We have 3 Intenses, 1 Redline, 1 GT, and 1 Felt between all of us in my family.
dixiebmxer
i love the intense podium!!! i have not found a frame yet that can manual so easy.
Tom Erickson
We have 4 Felts, a Redline, and a Staats. It is amazing when you look at the geometry. I have heard that everyone copies redline. Avent, Intense, Felt are all close in geometry. When looking to the future I like Avent and Redline. I just assemble my daughters new Redline. The accuracy of the drop out was something that I am not used to. I love my felts for the light weight and stiffness.
tommydone
QUOTE (Tom Erickson @ Jan 28 2009, 01:59 AM) *
We have 4 Felts, a Redline, and a Staats. It is amazing when you look at the geometry. I have heard that everyone copies redline. Avent, Intense, Felt are all close in geometry. When looking to the future I like Avent and Redline. I just assemble my daughters new Redline. The accuracy of the drop out was something that I am not used to. I love my felts for the light weight and stiffness.

just picked and put my hyper together today,very nice and the service is great,give Jud a call over at HYPER
HBPUNK
I finally checked out a Supercross Icon complete yesterday at the track, the only upgrade the guy did was Profile cranks. I didnt ride it but was impressed with what I saw, looked sick too.

it looked on par with Redline flights and Supercoss are around $500

Why are you getting a cruiser? You're 5'8, dont be scared, get a 20

and the MCS Team bikes are every bit as good as $1300 Intense Podium Team completes, component wise and I think are under 800. Cromo frame, Odessey fork, profile cranks, nothing to upgrade really and I've never seen one of the west coast, so you'll have something different out here. If they made a 21.5 top tube or bigger I would have already got one, their biggest is 21.25
NVBMX
Here are a few examples of some Avents.

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/avent/

TLack
QUOTE (tommydone @ Jan 27 2009, 09:06 PM) *

just picked and put my hyper together today,very nice and the service is great,give Jud a call over at HYPER

I will take the two 12 packs of coors light off your hands laugh.gif
bmxgal50
We Love our formula frames! I still see more bikes out there other than intense and redline. smile.gif
Proctorjr
REDMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 100% AMERCAN MADE bikes

I love mine i will only ride a redman frame EVER!!!!!!!!!!

proctors kid
Shiloh666
QUOTE (HBPUNK @ Jan 27 2009, 06:24 PM) *
I finally checked out a Supercross Icon complete yesterday at the track, the only upgrade the guy did was Profile cranks. I didnt ride it but was impressed with what I saw, looked sick too.

it looked on par with Redline flights and Supercoss are around $500

Why are you getting a cruiser? You're 5'8, dont be scared, get a 20

and the MCS Team bikes are every bit as good as $1300 Intense Podium Team completes, component wise and I think are under 800. Cromo frame, Odessey fork, profile cranks, nothing to upgrade really and I've never seen one of the west coast, so you'll have something different out here. If they made a 21.5 top tube or bigger I would have already got one, their biggest is 21.25

HAHAH screw that. im not racing a 20 with a bunch of young dudes hahah. i can hang in the 36-40 class.
lukedogg
I think it's all about distribution and which distributors are doing a bang up job partnering with these bike shops in the areas where you see a concentration of a particular bike.

Bottom line is that there are many BMX manufacturers competing in the same price/quality category but the rep who does his/her job effectively will have the most success.
Oldschoolfreak
There is a large selection of brands at my local track, and in my garage. Here are our race bikes. I hope you like them.

ihailfromohio
there is a new dk race frame in the works right now. it feels better than any bike i have ridden in the past. keep your eyes peeled for this one. very clean look to it as well.
Steve Bourke
don't forget diamonback

http://www.diamondback.com/
mwt1722
QUOTE (workman @ Jan 27 2009, 06:49 PM) *
Hyper sun_bespectacled.gif

+1
Tobylicious
My local track is Orange Y and i used to ride a Redline just for the fact that they are a old school bike and have alot of history behind them. I recently changed to a GHP and this is also a bike with alot of history. The bike is awesome
MuchoJ
QUOTE (NVBMX @ Jan 27 2009, 06:44 PM) *
Here are a few examples of some Avents.

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/avent/
Love that orange push up.... cool.gif
jetman
We have 2 redlines, just because they seem to be a best bet for mini completes, and they are an old school supporter of the sport. My cruiser is a supercross, frame is u.s. built and it ROCKS! Superlight ,21 LBS race ready, with no carbon parts on it I might add.I made note at the nbl christmas race that there were very few supercross bikes, so went on an unscientific walk around to check and found only 3 or 4 supercross .
Schmick
A lot of it is pretty regional, Orange Why happens to be about 10 miles from VSI and its just super easy for the folks there to get a "Bro Deal" on an Intense frame.
Go out to Perris and you will see a good number of Intenses but also a lot of Redmans, Supercrosses, Answers, Formulas...
Lonny Lierley
As a rider since 1981 I have riden many production bikes. I also had the priveledge of riding the bikes my brother built for me starting in 1982/1983. There are many different builders and styles of bikes designed by many different people. Each person has a different style that is suited for certain bikes. We have developed 3 bikes in 1! This allows a person to adjust dimensions to their liking. It is all a matter of your own personal preference. Whatever you buy, just be sure you are buying what is comfortable for you!
Good luck with whatever you ride,
Lonny Lierley
Wiggy
QUOTE (Shiloh666 @ Jan 27 2009, 04:12 PM) *
I went to Orange on sunday and Im not exaggerating when I say I saw maybe 7 other bikes out of all of them besides Redline or Intense.

Im not a big hater of big companies, but really??

It pretty much cemented my decision for an S&M cruiser just because haha.

I suggest you cease being a ROMO. biggrin.gif
Shiloh666
QUOTE (Wiggy @ Jan 28 2009, 08:50 PM) *
I suggest you cease being a ROMO. biggrin.gif

LOL!! whats up Wiggy!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.