Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slash from Guns N Roses riding a Vintage BMX
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Vintage BMX Racing
Torker_EK
Slash from Guns N Roses riding his bike.

It looks like it has Cook Bros Cranks, Hutch Pedals, and Tuffs. I can't tell what the frame and fork are.

Click Here
TONE
he sucks!

good thing he plays guitar, he cant ride for shi*

QUOTE (Torker_EK @ Dec 5 2008, 12:33 AM) *
Slash from Guns N Roses riding his bike.

It looks like it has Cook Bros Cranks, Hutch Pedals, and Tuffs. I can't tell what the frame and fork are.

Click Here

smokin steve styler
Looks like he started drinking early that day drinks.gif . I guess rock stars can do that. The bike is definately a Redline.
Keep_It_Warm
that was totally embarrassing
mongoosedrummer
Maybe he'll buy Juan's collection one day... wink.gif

http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/index....p;hl=rock+stars
Bob Poffinbarger
definately a Redline, definately.
bkquill
QUOTE (Keep_It_Warm @ Dec 4 2008, 08:09 PM) *

Couldn't agree more!
GetNHarry
That dude was wacked out on weed. wacko.gif
agentheinz
That was before he got sober. And while he was still in GnR.
Jsea73
QUOTE (Keep_It_Warm @ Dec 4 2008, 08:09 PM) *

+1

I laughed my A$$ off..

SAF
Yeah, it was embarrassing - I'm sure many people here can't even do a 180.
tongueforked
I've got his book and there is pics of him when he was around 14 getting some pretty decent air for the day. The pic in the book shows him on Cook Bro.
starchild
i thought it was tinker juarez.
bmx joe
Its all about having fun! 180's look pretty decent expecially the one on the step. Almost a 180 to disaster. Give it sometime I'll think he will be a decent rider. Next thing you know he will be doing some kick turn tricks on stage then he'll step it up with 2 quarterpipes on stage. I sure we all look like that when we started to ride a bmx bike again. We all have to start somewhere. biggrin.gif
Spicoli
Didnt Slash used to race bitd ? I remember hearing that a while ago....somthing about using his BMX winnings to support himself when he was on the streets as a kid.
Torker_EK
QUOTE (Spicoli @ Dec 5 2008, 05:18 AM) *
Didnt Slash used to race bitd ? I remember hearing that a while ago....somthing about using his BMX winnings to support himself when he was on the streets as a kid.

I found this on the Snakepit site... http://www.snakepit.org/bio.html

"In the mid-1970's, his parents separated. SLASH moved in with his beloved grandmother until he could sort out the situation at home. About this time SLASH discovered BMX (bicycle motorcrossing), joined up with a group of kids, and rode with a passion. It's not surprising to hear that SLASH would ride without brakes! SLASH eventually became a professional BMX biker winning awards and money for his great riding."

Pauly
not bad for a guy who just polished off a fifth of Jack.
cheez
"SLASH eventually became a professional BMX biker winning awards and money for his great riding."

blink.gif you have got to be kidding, I'd have to see some proof of that tall tail If he was such a great professional rider where was he in Joe Kid?

looked more like a doofus
dayride
QUOTE (Pauly @ Dec 5 2008, 03:02 PM) *
not bad for a guy who just polished off a fifth of Jack.

Not to mention what he probably shot in his arm that day.

Looks like Hutch pedals too.
SAF
QUOTE (cheez @ Dec 5 2008, 04:09 PM) *
"SLASH eventually became a professional BMX biker winning awards and money for his great riding."

blink.gif you have got to be kidding, I'd have to see some proof of that tall tail If he was such a great professional rider where was he in Joe Kid?

looked more like a doofus

Slash looks pretty awesome in these old pics. Yes, that's really him:

tongueforked
Another book owner I see............. biggrin.gif
mongoosedrummer
Nice SAF! Like I reported in my first thread on this, I think he did pretty well BITD. Plus, he never forgot his BMX roots... Kudos to him.

Let's face it... Slash is pretty cool to still whip out the old 20" BMX bike and ride around in front of his Tour mates etc. Who else whould do that at his level of success? It has nothing to do with money for sure.

KIW, I think you missed the point. Slash could give a rat's azz what people think. The guy is a total Rock Star, has millions of dollars and still likes to mess around on a BMX bike. What's the problem? IMO, anyone in their 40's who has the balls to pull out a 20" BMX in front of their non-BMX co-workers, deserves some respect. He'd probably laugh at you and your opinion of him. Maybe the guys in Tragically Hip would be too cool to ride BMX eh? LOL! I think the lead singer is gay BTW... laugh.gif

Anyhow, don't forget he has to play guitar for a living and can't risk even the slightest injury. Not to mention, hundreds, maybe thousands of people are depending on him for their income from his Tours/albums...

Give old Slash a break... He also makes a Redline look pretty cool just by sitting on it. cool.gif
Chevron Envy
So, is that footage of him tooling around the stage from BITD or more recent?

I can't keep the GNR ramblings straight anymore, they're together, they're apart, there together, etc.

I know Chinese Democracy just came out - but that was recorded over 10 years ago right?
tongueforked
QUOTE (Chevron Envy @ Dec 6 2008, 06:42 AM) *
So, is that footage of him tooling around the stage from BITD or more recent?

I can't keep the GNR ramblings straight anymore, they're together, they're apart, there together, etc.

I know Chinese Democracy just came out - but that was recorded over 10 years ago right?

Axel Rose owns the right to the name Guns and Roses. None of the original members played on the new album. Over a hundred hired guns played on the album and it took Axel 12 years to record. Yes, he started it that long ago and it was just finished last year, that's how lame Axel is. His flakiness cost several bands their record deals because the label had all their money tied up in Chinese Democracy and Axel was to big of a flake to finish it. It's the first time I've ever herd of a record label getting screwed buy an artist. Usually it's the other way around.
JMOORE
Wow! That Redline looks pretty sweet in chrome and red Tuffs! cool.gif I think ole Slash maganged pretty well for a guy half in the bag screwin around on the bike! LOL That footage is old, recorded while g'nr was still together and touring bitd. You can say what you want about axle and the whole Chinese Democracy thing but if you were a GNR fan your probably going to like it. Axle may be an a$$ but he was given the gift of an awesome rockn'roll voice! Alot would compare the new album to SE... A Chinese retro...LOL I bought it last week and like it myself, even had my 8 year old daughter singin it in the backseat now(which really goes over well with the wife I might add)
tongueforked
Just to be clear I like some of the new album, think Axel is flake and might buy Chinese Democracy. Yeah, I know it's confuses me to.
Cook Bros Seeker
Looks like a Redline frame. He looks like a spas on that bike - no coordination.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.