Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amatuer #1 Orange Y
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > BMX Racing
Pages: 1, 2
MOJOLATER
Hey Ruben to all the doubters of the power of the Y. thats Two amatuer #1 title holders that have the Y as home track. Must be the dirt.... Orange Y where champions train.
SandyM
I would like to give a HUGE SHOUT OUT to Jordan Nopens for winning the Amateur #1 Girl title. You set a goal and worked hard and took it home. Way to go Girl!

Sandy and Drew Mechielsen
HBPUNK
many great riders have come from that track
BmXchicofNY
Sandy,
Who won 11girls? How did Drew do?
workman
Did Long not have the rider count?
Schmick
The Y nearly got a third title but come on.... Not so sure you can claim Nopens, she's a Nor Cal girl who just happened to move to the OC.
That'd be like Perris claiming Khalen Young's AA title
BmXchicofNY
Congratz to Jordan! Shes my sisters age but is extremely fast and skilled. I wish I could move to south CA like she did. ahaha
workman
QUOTE (workman @ Nov 30 2008, 07:35 PM) *
Did Long not have the rider count?

Nevermind blush.gif
sanjosebmx
Way to go Jordan!

yes she is still Nor Cal no matter where she lives now.

Congrats from the Hall's we were rooting for you all the way.

Efrem you must be so happy!
bmx14yrs
She has really upped her game this year. Yeah, Roseville local before and now So-cal and national champion. Whatever place she claims- a Californian for sure. Good job and keep up the hard work. Glad to hear her thank Efriam and her parents.

Ybmx
Are you guys kidding,
National 1 Girls Jordan Nopens
National 1 Pro Cruiser Danny Calluag
National 1 Boys Cruiser Kory Cook
Hall of Fame Brain Lopes
Hall of Fame Track Operator Ray Rohmn
National 2 Bike Shop VRP/Bike ALLEY

And all the kids that came across the Fininsh line at the Grands that race and Practice all the time at the WORLD Famous Orange Y BMX track.

CONGRATULATIONS, to all the riders that raced at the grands.Sometimes we forget the fun we have getting the track ready for everyone to meet the next big race, this race says thank you for all your hard work and fun we have at your track.

Doubters is the evel of competition ORANGE Y BMX is always Number 1 still.....
Ybmx
Are you guys kidding,
National 1 Girls Jordan Nopens
National 1 Pro Cruiser Danny Calluag
National 1 Boys Cruiser Kory Cook
Hall of Fame Brian Lopes
Hall of Fame Track Operator Ray Rohmn
National 2 Bike Shop VRP/Bike ALLEY

And all the kids that came across the Fininsh line at the Grands that race and Practice all the time at the WORLD Famous Orange Y BMX track.

CONGRATULATIONS, to all the riders that raced at the grands.Sometimes we forget the fun we have getting the track ready for everyone to meet the next big race, this race says thank you for all your hard work and fun we have at your track.

Doubters is the evel of competition ORANGE Y BMX is always Number 1 still.....

Sorry Brian damn spell check
DCRBMX
CONGRATULATIONS!

To National #1 Cruiser, Kory Cook, an excellent example of hard work and dedication. Also a great Redman Team Mate!

To National #1 Girl, Jordan Nopens. She saw the prize early in the year and never lost focus.

To National #1 Pro Cruiser, Danny Caluag. You are a true champion that everyone can look up to and a mentor to my daughter.

Jeff and Shayona Glynn
Ybmx
DCRBMX you forgot Brian Lopes and Ray Rohmn Hall of famers,

I also forgot all the great parents that make up BMX and support us on a monthly basis,THANK YOU for all your dreams and support bringing your racer to the local tracks.

Ruben Sanchez T.O
ORANGE Y BMX
parks bmx track
Ruben, I need a tisue... OY has been doing this for years. come on it is not anything new is it..? Lets ask the real question how many # 1 has the Y produced??

FYI how about Big Foot Rickey Grifins nat #2..... great kid...
Ybmx
Yes Mike its been years that the track has produced countless amounts of winners .Every new or old rider that comes out to race any track is a winner but as we speak my research man and I are tracking down all the Famous names that came from the Orange Y track for a small project.

Project called keep the track OPEN.......

Help us out with names anyone ?

Again Thanks Mike and Fullerton Bikes for local track Support. If you can make it Sunday for the double points race very important announcement for everyone.

Ruben Sanchez TO
parks bmx track
QUOTE (Ybmx @ Dec 4 2008, 08:33 AM) *
Yes Mike its been years that the track has produced countless amounts of winners .Every new or old rider that comes out to race any track is a winner but as we speak my research man and I are tracking down all the Famous names that came from the Orange Y track for a small project.

Project called keep the track OPEN.......

Help us out with names anyone ?

Again Thanks Mike and Fullerton Bikes for local track Support. If you can make it Sunday for the double points race very important announcement for everyone.

Ruben Sanchez TO
wow ruben. I would have to dig deep in the memory banks to recall all the old champs.. we need to have a pow wow with a few guys like Buckle, Moller, Harlow who have been going to the Y since day one..

Guys that have been number one

short list
Craig Bark
Doug Davis
Pete L
Andy Z
Eric Carter
Matt Hadden
jason and Jeff Donell
the list goes on and on and on!

HinkDog411
Now wait a minute there Mike, you guys can't claim Doug Davis, he was a KMP local when he won that AM title, I can remember him bringing the trophy to school for a photo for the annual, and we were nowhere near Orange bro.
parks bmx track
QUOTE (HinkDog411 @ Dec 4 2008, 04:47 PM) *
Now wait a minute there Mike, you guys can't claim Doug Davis, he was a KMP local when he won that AM title, I can remember him bringing the trophy to school for a photo for the annual, and we were nowhere near Orange bro.
that is funny because I recall him racing Griggs, Gas, Morris, almost every Wed night.. I'm sure since he lived in SD he was a kerney local but he spent a lot of time at the Y. so let it go.. and get on your bike and come ride with all of us old washed up farts
nwpbmxer17
im not a hater of orange y but there are really good riders from other tracks its not the track you ride its ur determination and dedication Nic Long claims Kearny as his home track (in the interview in the BMXer) 17-18 expert one of the hardest classes in the ABA was won by one of the locals up here Josh Klatman... you know what he has to ride right now? a little indoor no longer than 6 maybe 700 hundred feet in a barn. same with lain van ogle who won cruiser and almost won 20' or dakota senger from oregon he has the eugene outdoor and indoor he seemed to have no problem picking up a double u benuelos as well!

Orange Y is a sick track though i give So Cal that haha
Greg Hill
I used to go to the Orange Y in 1982 for practice along with every top AA Pro, we used to get 3 gates of AA for practice..There was never a night that did not have at least 45 moto's, if it was Friday night there were usually 60-70 moto's..People always talk smack about OY but you cannot deny the history.

Here is how you can easily arrive at the Orange Y being the number 1 track for the last 25 years...What other track has operated for this period of time and had the quality of riders go through it?? Name 1 track, I bet nobody can do that, 25 years, think about it..

Way to go Ray Rohm for so many years and way to go Ruben for taking over where Ray left off..Keep up the great work!

GH
SteveClark
River Valley Bmx in Sumner, WA. 27 years. They've had a ton of superstars come from that track. And they raced there not just came out and got some gates and went home. I'm not trying to knock Orange Y, everyone know that track rules but the only reason River Valley was never in the top 25 is because they don't race there in the winter because it's in Washington. If anyone need a list of the many bad a** riders to come from that track, let me know.
nwpbmxer17
steve you said what i was thinking haha i think PI kinda goes along with that as far as Indoors go!
Greg Hill
I just noticed this thread this morning and I'm not on the Orange Y fan club list, not saying they are better than anyone else just looking at the facts..OY is # 1, there has been more talent come out of the OY than any other track in the country and not one track even comes close..

By the way, I have raced the OY about 50 times over the years so I guess that would show it was not all about practicing and going home..
SteveClark
Ease up Greg. I didn't say that River valley would be #1, I said they would be in the top 25. It's just seems that everyone that lives anywhere south of bakersfield and has done a gate at Orange is a local. My comment wasn't to start anything between anybody, just stating that there are tracks that have been around as long as or longer that Orange and have produced some great riders. Sorry if I got you all fired up.
Greg Hill
Steve your cool, no problem I was not fired up..Perhaps I jumped to a fast response and it may not of sounded good..Sorry for that.. Internet is never the best form of communication, so much to misunderstand it's hard to read what people are saying sometimes..Anyway, all good..I know the Great Northwest has lot's of talent and has over the years....
BmXchicofNY
Not to go off topic, but has orange y ever had a national?
Schmick
Not much space at the Y, theres an adult school out infront of it that gives up a grass field for people to hang out at for the state finals. Theres a larger field North of the track that seems to have always been vacant which is odd for a corner so near to the freeway at a street as busy as Chapman.
A lot of fast riders practice out at Orange Y and thats part of the draw of practicing at Orange Y is all the fast riders there to practice with. As long as we are involved in BMX or that track is open, we will continue to head down to Orange Y for practice.
Ybmx
Orange Y BMX is the number 1 track for lots of reasons,
Freeways
Weather
LAX (out of town Racers)
Magizine shoot location
Movie location
Bad As# riders
Real tough racers
Nice area to grow a BMX line GT GHP FreeAgent Elf S&M Powerlite Even other not so well knowns

Title holders in ABA AND NBL also NBA I think About 35 1st to many 2,3,4 to count.

Other Tracks that kick AS# Yes Washington ,Texas ,Semi AND every mom and pop track that ever opened for two kids to race.

HISTORY is on ORANGE Y side but never just Orange.

bmxchicofny "YES" but you have to tell me the year and date of that National anyone that has that knowledge help her out ??? BIG SPONSOR ????
CSpringsBMXer
Props to the Y for having 2 National #1 amateurs this year. I always have a good time and enjoy the vibe at Orange Y.

But...

Don't forget about your southern neighbor Kearney Moto Park. We had Quick Nic Long take his second National #1 Amateur title. We can't compare to Orange Y and Johnny Johnson may have to correct my figures, but I count Kearney as having produced 8 national #1 amateur boys, 6 national #1 amateur girls, 2 national #1 boys cruiser, 2 national #1 girls cruiser, 4 Pro Cruiser titles, 1 Masters title, 1 Jr Men national champion, and 1 Pro Men title over the years.

SoCal = BMX

Stan
parks bmx track
QUOTE (CSpringsBMXer @ Dec 5 2008, 04:27 AM) *
Props to the Y for having 2 National #1 amateurs this year. I always have a good time and enjoy the vibe at Orange Y.

But...

Don't forget about your southern neighbor Kearney Moto Park. We had Quick Nic Long take his second National #1 Amateur title. We can't compare to Orange Y and Johnny Johnson may have to correct my figures, but I count Kearney as having produced 8 national #1 amateur boys, 6 national #1 amateur girls, 2 national #1 boys cruiser, 2 national #1 girls cruiser, 4 Pro Cruiser titles, 1 Masters title, 1 Jr Men national champion, and 1 Pro Men title over the years.

SoCal = BMX

Stan

Stan, for the record keep Johny Johnson out of this... that guy suffers from Vertigo... hahahahha... JJ is a good guy and if we ever did some type of BMX trivia game he would win..
sanjosebmx
QUOTE (Ybmx @ Dec 3 2008, 03:08 PM) *
DCRBMX you forgot Brian Lopes and Ray Rohmn Hall of famers,

I also forgot all the great parents that make up BMX and support us on a monthly basis,THANK YOU for all your dreams and support bringing your racer to the local tracks.

Ruben Sanchez T.O
ORANGE Y BMX

Ray Rohm cut his teeth up in NorCal too...

just sayin...
MOJOLATER
So. Cal, the meca of BMX. So. Cal Wins
CowhieDesigns
QUOTE (SteveClark @ Dec 4 2008, 07:59 PM) *
River Valley Bmx in Sumner, WA. 27 years. They've had a ton of superstars come from that track. And they raced there not just came out and got some gates and went home. I'm not trying to knock Orange Y, everyone know that track rules but the only reason River Valley was never in the top 25 is because they don't race there in the winter because it's in Washington. If anyone need a list of the many bad a** riders to come from that track, let me know.

Wow! Steve Clark from the Great Northwest! Is that you man? How ya been?
You were one heck of a fast racer, good rider and all around nice guy.

Yutch Cowhie
Ybmx
Stan, No hating on Vinnce but let him get his own section.You are right SD has its fast guys so does everyone else I think this started with someone noting the great Number 1's that came from Orange. Heck someone has to be Number 1 and someone has to be 2,3,4,5,6, you know.

Number 1 till someone takes the win ( Joan at Semi I believe was 1 for a couple of years) Ray was on lock down from real work.

Don't Hate come and RACE,,,,,

Good Luck Stan, Thank You for serving our "COUNTRY"
Moto Trip on the Calendar AQ NATIONAL party like "VEGAS" Major Moto's Hosting
Ybmx
Note to everyone,

Notice Ray,Jordan and other all started other places but the talent came from racing local at Orange .If every track followed Orange with great riders the sport will get TV time.

Work Hard and race local don't go to nationals if your a novice not making mains at the local track " WAIT"

Then kill them at the gate [I tried to curse] on giving your money away and not getting wins.

If you get mad if "Johnny"( Local track mascot) didn't make the main at the local single or double your a great guy for throwing money away waiting for someone to fall at a NATIONAL to get in the main.

Sharpen your game Racing Local them go kill them at nationals.

2cents no charge
shlocal002
Easiest track location in So. Cal.
Close to beaches and mountains.
through the 70's,80's and 90's closer to most manufacturers than any other track.
same deal for the mags in 80's and 90's.
If a big race- perfect for "meeting in the middle" for SD crew and Bakersfield/909 crew.

and the number 1 reason Orange Y is #1..............it's the closest track to SHEEP HILLS!!!

sd
parks bmx track
shlocal002 it is also close to Parks .. well that was some 25 years ago...but I think OY was #1 back then also.. I forget who ran it. Was it Gene Erikson?? Who was the 1st guy to run it? I remember Mr. Burt and Mr Calta..I know Eric Kocens dad built the 1st track.. Ruben Give use a history leson please...
Schmick
QUOTE (Ybmx @ Dec 5 2008, 10:16 AM) *
Note to everyone,

Notice Ray,Jordan and other all started other places but the talent came from racing local at Orange .If every track followed Orange with great riders the sport will get TV time.

Work Hard and race local don't go to nationals if your a novice not making mains at the local track " WAIT"

Then kill them at the gate [I tried to curse] on giving your money away and not getting wins.

If you get mad if "Johnny"( Local track mascot) didn't make the main at the local single or double your a great guy for throwing money away waiting for someone to fall at a NATIONAL to get in the main.

Sharpen your game Racing Local them go kill them at nationals.

2cents no charge

boozer
Hey Parks Bmx Track good call on Gene I forgot all about him.To many years of having Ray Rohm yell at you will do it. Ride you BMX.Booooooooooooooooooozer Mike drinks.gif
CRIT PLATE
I remember taking Mike Savage to Orange for a few photo shoots in the 80's with Plus and Super and John and GuyB asking Mike to get big air and there wasn't a jump on the track that was good enough to launch from... He missed out on the cover of Plus and landed on the Buyers guide cover instead because of the lack of launch-ability...

But for a local race track it was fast because of all of the who's who that showed up for racing and practice as you guys mentioned earlier.

Mike
Ybmx
"Grammar "Jeremy Sizemore (Schmick) don't worry about it I have to many other projects to write thesis for you on the net . You understood my point right...

Get a friend "IDIOT"

Mike Franze "FULLERTON BIKE " CEO ,Parks TO you answer ;

Mr.Compton, Rich Long and a couple of other dads.Mr Compton was big wig a EDISON elec and had the lights and power panel installed I think its 720 volt system way bigger than needed but had the contacts. 3 guys ran the track before Gene Erickson became the TO followed by RAY and Cathy ROHMN retired for 2 years and two other guys that lost the Number 1 title before Ray came back to bring the Y back into the Number 1 spot.I took over only after Ray got me drunk and said to me its easy to run and you will make more friends.THANKS ray

Mike from Crit: that why magazine are no longer around to many jumping shoots not enough race shoots. Sorry had to throw that in.

NationaL at the ORANGE Y TRACK 1984 "Post HONEY COMB GOLD CUP" plenty of room but to nut. HONEYNUT
obsessive
"Grammar" Jeremy killed bmxnews.com, that's his claim to fame
Ybmx
Yep "Jeremy Sizemore", As I have little time for bashing I will say two things careful who you bash He may come out and find you.
And If I had the time or needed the lesson I can't learn for a former Teacher that sells medical supplys Now. You know me if you have a problem with that statement.

I to attended High SCHUOL in Claifornia retarded teachers like you..

Thank You

BMX alive and well in ABA land
boozer
Sounds like Ybmx and Schmickity need to get over what ever the real fight is about. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG.If not looks the the gloves and a parking lot are in order.In this corner weighing in at 240 6 2 bev mo's favorite customer Schimickity.In this corner weight unknown at 5 9 bikes are up his alley REBUEAN SHANCHEZ.Lets get ready to rumble.Back to the topic good job to all the orange y locals that made the main at the grands and got overall titles. Nice work. I had my money on Dave Holtzman for the win in 36&over novice.Time to hit the trails go ride a bike later. Michael Brown drinks.gif
Ybmx
Easy Boozit.......

I have no intent of hand to hand combat just speaking my mind little as it is. Not to say I will back down if I have to.

A good a*s whipping is sometime over rated and only give you NOW pleasure.

My point is talk crap and back that with knowledge or action (RACE) neither apply to MR.SIZERMORE.

Be Positive and lets talk.

Boozer get a wristband before you get on the net.

Peace out Rking.
JAY MADDEN

"Boozer get a wristband before you get on the net."

Now thats funny!!!

See ya tomorrow Ruben.
Schmick
Settle down Reuben, if you can't take a little smack on the Mushmouth drivel you post you're far too thin skinned to be hanging on message boards, even ones as filled with sunshine pumpers as this one.
One of these days we'll have to get together after Friday Night practice at the Orange Y and you can explain to me all the things I don't know, does Hooters sound Obie Tabey?
HinkDog411
Wait...is it "Mushmouth (Cosby kids) or is it Buckwheat? .....wait, I got it, it IS Mushmouth....otherwise it would have been asked as "O-Tay?"....right? lol!
bikesrus
Very happy for Kory Cook on the cruiser title, nice kid, nice dad....been racing around So Cal as long as we have, way to go Kory!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.