Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kansas City Area Indoor BMX Track
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > BMX Racing
Pages: 1, 2
djdan
This sounds like it is really coming together, can't wait!!! We need it, this weather sucks!!
Scott, you are the man!
moorebmx
Are there a lot of kid (gromie) riders around KC? My boy hopefully will be a 5 I by the middle of Jan. and since we're coming from Denver ( Have family in Lawrence) he would love to have some kind of class to ride in. I know the 5 novice class is always good, but the 5 I and 6 I class gets difficult to field. So everyone that has a 5 I or 6 I come on down to KC indoor Jan. 17th and 18th!!

MooreBMX

Smorrow
There are a few 5I, 6I and a 6X that race in our area.
the 5I and 6X are on my team, and should be there pretty regular.

Maybe we should hold a 6U Open for big trophys that day. smile.gif Just an idea we can do.

Thanks for the interest!
Scott
moorebmx
Any word yet on the exact opening day for KC indoor? We're freezing and need to ride!!
Lateralus
Any website up and running for the KC indoor BMX? I would love to see indoor BMX in my ole' KC hometown. This is great !
Smorrow
Don't have an exact date. dirt is being delivered today. The website should be up and running by Christmas.
I'll get some pics posted as soon as I can get a shot of something besides an empty building.

It has been a real challange getting things going.

smile.gif

Scott
moorebmx
QUOTE (Smorrow @ Dec 22 2008, 01:12 PM) *
Don't have an exact date. dirt is being delivered today. The website should be up and running by Christmas.
I'll get some pics posted as soon as I can get a shot of something besides an empty building.

It has been a real challange getting things going.

smile.gif

Scott

Yea, Scott, I hear ya. I looked into trying to get something here in the Denver area. The only places here that could work are indoor horse arenas that rent out for the weekend. ( like Rock Springs and Rad indoor) the problem that stopped me in my tracks was the horse people complained about the dirt becoming damaged ( what ever that means) and would bother the horses hooves.

When I started adding up all the things that need to go into getting an indoor track going it was unbelievable!! Dirt, equipment to build it, insurance, starting gate, volunteers, etc........ You must really love this sport (as we all do) and if I lived anywhere near KC I would be helping you anyway I could. This track will not be successful without tons of volunteers.

All the riders and parents of riders around KC that will benefit from Scott's Dream and hard work should get in touch with Scott and help anyway you can!! You really don't know how flipin hard and stressful this is for Scott.

My son will be over to ride in mid January if you are open by then and I look forward to meeting you Scott and all the KC riders and parents that will make this happen and be a success.

Good Luck!!

Ted
MIKEKW
What is the address of the track?
Gillenwater
QUOTE (MIKEKW @ Dec 22 2008, 08:34 PM) *
What is the address of the track?

The address is 30205 State Rt W, Drexel, Missouri 64742. The arena is actually closer to Freeman, Missouri then Drexel. Located south of Kansas City and west of Harrisonville Missouri.
taethomas
Buid It, and they will come. Northwest Arkansas crew will be there!
tfd2827
we're already loaded in Minnesota waitin' for the word. We will bring with us a couple van loads of riders. Send an e-mail to markconley@alltheracing.com & he would post info on the opening.
Gillenwater
website is up!

KC Indoor BMX website
Smorrow
Dirt finally delivered today! We will be working all weekend for sure, I'll post pics on the tracks website soon!!!

Thanks for all the interest!

Scott

kcindoorbmx.com
Lateralus
Whats the deal for this year of indoor racing. I heard it was a full systems go ! What month is it going to start up? Around Harrisonville somehwere?
MIKEKW
I heard they lost the lease on the building and are triny to find another building.

I heard they lost the lease on the building and are triny to find another building.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.